Sound OnePlus 6 headphone jack not working

1. Jackyliu
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2018

Jackyliu , Sep 10, 2018 :
    When I plug in any wired headphones, whether it is my OnePlus bullet headphones or my regular wired headphones, the phone would detect it as headphones for a split second then it would no longer detect it as headphones plugged in. The sound quality would be extremely poor to the point where you can only hear muffled sounds through the headphones, cannot make out words or feel any bass. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and if there are any solutions?

2. irfanali
    Froyo Sep 10, 2018

irfanali , Sep 10, 2018 :
    Do you have a case on?

I did find that because one of my case was slightly thicker the headphone jack was not properly connecting inside the jack port, once I changed to a slim case I no longer had this issue and sound was as expected

Aks41179 likes this.
  3. ngydat
    Lollipop Sep 10, 2018

ngydat , Sep 10, 2018 :
    Did you check for dust in the headphone jack ?

Aks41179 likes this.
  4. Jackyliu
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2018

Yes I do, but I have tried taking the case off and it is still the same problem. Google told me that this could potentially be a hardware problem so I'm going to try contacting support for help.

5. Jackyliu
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2018

Yeup, I checked for dust and blew multiple times into the headphone jack to try to clear it up but the problem still persists.