oneplus 6 hide notch option

1. MarttiMikael
    Eclair May 20, 2018

MarttiMikael , May 20, 2018 :
    Could the oneplus 6 hide notch option be tweaked so that the rounding of the corners matches the roundness of the bottom corners for symmetry. This would look better especially for viewing videos.

DS Kiran, snke, sheshtawy and 7 others like this.
  2. G_Ciprian_Mihai_CfCD
    Gingerbread May 20, 2018

3. F_Alessandro_Leone_iogd
    Donut May 20, 2018

F_Alessandro_Leone_iogd , May 20, 2018 :
    The notch has been designed so that it won't really ever be bothering much to those who don't like it so yes, most notch phones have that option and the same happens for 1+6.

4. pingug
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 20, 2018

pingug , May 20, 2018 :
    i don't know what is more ridiculous, the notch or the option to cover the notch, I'm guessing most people with an iPhone X like it because it shows everyone they have the newest phone

nickkuk and Saxon_au like this.
  5. G_Ciprian_Mihai_CfCD
    Gingerbread May 20, 2018

G_Ciprian_Mihai_CfCD , May 20, 2018 :
    The notch worth the nice look of a full screen.

6. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 20, 2018

DARTH 007 , May 20, 2018 :
    hiding the notch is not worth it.seen the videos.
    it makes it look like the 5T.
    use the phone for what it is.

G_Ciprian_Mihai_CfCD likes this.
  7. Saxon_au
    Gingerbread May 20, 2018

Saxon_au , May 20, 2018 :
    God forbid someone were to think you're using a OnePlus 5T.

8. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 20, 2018

Bobbie63 , May 20, 2018 :
    Just imagine, people could think I haven't got the newest phone?????

*sticking tape on top of the display of my OP3*

riteshetty, Budruel and Saxon_au like this.
  9. MarttiMikael
    Eclair May 20, 2018

MarttiMikael , May 20, 2018 :
    Even if the notch is hidden it will bring value and more screen because the notification icons are "in" the top bezel. I don't know am i going to hide it or not but when i'm viewing videos i don't want the notch to be there. i have noticed that the top corners are way sharper than the bottom corners when the top bezel is filled and this i would like to see fixed.

leandrorefojo and Linxx like this.
  10. Linxx
    Gingerbread May 23, 2018

Linxx , May 23, 2018 :
    I completely agree 101% with you there MarttiMikael. It truly erks me to see the ghastly sharp 90° edges at the top when the notch is hidden, while the (absolute polar opposite) smooth complementing curves of the bottom corners are permanently in view, and follows the overall design of the rest of the phone's build, accents and aesthetics.

OP should really look into tweaking that aspect of the black bar that hides the notch; if not to satsify us users who find it absolutely jarring, then to simply bring their UI design (at least where the display's corners are concerned) full circle, unified, integrated and complete. Because as it is, it just looks like a tacked-on after-thought. Ugh!!

Last edited: May 24, 2018

MarttiMikael likes this.
  11. Simon Gebraad
    Eclair May 28, 2018

Simon Gebraad , May 28, 2018 :
    I totaly agree as well. Just got my OnePlus 6 (first OnePlus phone), and I was pretty disappointed that
    the corners are pretty much square, which is not the same as the bottom of the display.
    I know there are apps to make this happen, but I would love to have this feature as a default option in the settings because it would be way more stable and show on the lockscreen as well. In my opinion it looks way better with rounded corners, and it makes it look like the status bar is part of a second screen.
    I have added some pictures with the default look vs with rounded corners.
    default.jpg Rounded.jpg

Kind regards,

Simon

(Still happy with my OnePlus 6 though)

12. jvidia
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2018

jvidia , Jun 25, 2018 :
    This GUI feature (make all corners equal when the notch is hidden) is still not adressed by OP in the latest firmwares??

Do you know is this is already reported/requested to OP?

This is really bad looking :(

EDIT: what free "rounded corners" app do you guys advice?

13. arjunmanoj
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2018

arjunmanoj , Jun 26, 2018 :
    even without hiding the notch, the bottom corners are not as rounded as the top ones #OCDKickingIn

14. Linxx
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2018

Linxx , Jun 26, 2018 :
    jvidia

This GUI feature (make all corners equal when the notch is hidden) is still not adressed by OP in the latest firmwares??

Do you know is this is already reported/requested to OP?

This is really bad looking

EDIT: what free "rounded corners" app do you guys advice?
    T

I'm not sure if it has been reported. I saw someone say, in another post, that after they had put in a ticket on the issue, OP responded saying that they won't be addressing it. I don't know how true that is.

I've been using Rounded Corners (that's the name of the app) ever since I've first booted up my OP6. works like a charm. Though I really would much prefer the default black bar to be curved at the top corners to compliment the corners of the black bar at the bottom, so that I wouldn't have to have this app running in the background all the time. there's no noticeable effect on my battery life though, so I guess it's an ok compromise... idk

15. Linxx
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2018

Linxx , Sep 16, 2018 :
    The app is unironically called "Rounded Corner" and can be found in the Play store

16. iOStoAndroid
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2018

iOStoAndroid , Sep 16, 2018 :
    What case are you using? Please let me know thanks!

17. DS Kiran
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2018

DS Kiran , Nov 17, 2018 :
    yup rounded corners app is good but it is not working after updating to android pie. i hope oneplus will release an update to one plus 6 same as 6t

Linxx likes this.