Network/Connectivity Oneplus 6 loses 4G/H+ Network connection during standby, switches back to 3G but still offline.

1. BigM
    Gingerbread May 29, 2018

BigM , May 29, 2018 :
    My OnePlus 6 has a strange problem. It has network connection (4G or H+). But after a while in standby mode it switches back and only shows 3G, but does not really transfer any data at all. When I try to open a website with Chrome it shows me the message that I am offline.
    Only when i reboot or turn mobile data off and on again the 4G / H+ connection is restored and working again.

I use dual SIM card.

kvnreddy and Varunyadav1990 like this.
  2. Rachit252000
    Froyo May 29, 2018

Rachit252000 , May 29, 2018 :
    Happens with my phone too but I doubt it's op6's problem because I was having this issue with my old phone too. My SIM is Airtel. so far I haven't found a permanent solution, I just keep the phone on airplane mode for about 2 seconds when H+/3G appear and it gets back on 4G or I just wait for sometime and it goes to 4G again.

3. BigM
    Gingerbread May 29, 2018

BigM , May 29, 2018 :
    Same SIM card worked fine in my old OnePlus 2 until last week. Very strange.

PhoenixV likes this.
  4. BigM
    Gingerbread May 30, 2018

BigM , May 30, 2018 :
    I have now switched the SIM card slots. The problematic SIM card was in slot 1 and is now in slot 2. Seems like the problem has now switched to slot 2 as well. So somehow it seems like the problem is caused by the SIM card which is C/V7 type. But also the second SIM card I use is C/V7, so I don't think is related to the type itself.
    I then put the problematic SIM card back into my OnePlus 2 and there were no problems at all.
    Seems like the OP6 has a problem with this particular SIM card. I will try to get a replacement SIM card from my carrier and check how it will perform.

5. BigM
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2018

BigM , Jun 1, 2018 :
    New SIM card arrived today.
    Still the same problems. Data Service suddenly stops working.

6. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Jun 1, 2018

chaitanyakhaitan , Jun 1, 2018 :
    Hi,

I'm facing the exact same issue.

Does your mobile network work to make calls when this problem happens?

I can see network bars on my phone, but actually theres no Network.

Please update

7. BigM
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2018

BigM , Jun 1, 2018 :
    Yes, the same here. Can't be called and can't call anyone.
    I already tried setting up the APN data manually which also did not help.
    What carrier do you use?

love1plus1specs likes this.
  8. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Jun 1, 2018

chaitanyakhaitan , Jun 1, 2018 :
    I'm from India and using Airtel here.

Strangely sim works great on my one plus one

9. BigM
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2018

10. W1525087341890
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2018

11. kamal.kantech
    Eclair Jun 2, 2018

kamal.kantech , Jun 2, 2018 :
    last two days facing the same problem all of a sudden waking up the phone has no internet connection thought the network sign present in 4G with Volte in status bar but no data transfer is there only after a reboot it get fixed.

12. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Jun 2, 2018

chaitanyakhaitan , Jun 2, 2018 :
    Is your mobile phone calls working during that time?

13. G1513776404824
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

14. kamal.kantech
    Eclair Jun 2, 2018

kamal.kantech , Jun 2, 2018 :
    Calls are working..

15. daviddevai
    Donut Jun 5, 2018

daviddevai , Jun 5, 2018 :
    I have the same problem with OnePlus 6. I am in the middle of a what's app call and connection is lost and data shuts off. Only reboot is fixing the issue. I got a new sim from t-mobile and the same issue persists. Put the sim in my OnePlus 3t and it seems to have no issues. Seems to be a connectivity issue with the OnePlus 6.

chaitanyakhaitan likes this.
  16. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Jun 5, 2018

chaitanyakhaitan , Jun 5, 2018 :
    As of now a faster way of resolvong it would be to toggle the airplane mode.

Amazon has been replacing devices calling it a hardware problem which is very scary, faulty hardware is the last thing we want.

love1plus1specs and daviddevai like this.
  17. daviddevai
    Donut Jun 5, 2018

daviddevai , Jun 5, 2018 :
    Thank you! I'll try that next time it happens but I must say it is very irritating in the middle of a call or a video. I hope it is not a hardware issue or I will be extremely upset.

More and more it seems that OnePlus uses loyal longtime fans as test subjects.

V1536694463482 likes this.
  18. sahilangz
    Eclair Jun 5, 2018

sahilangz , Jun 5, 2018 :
    Yes facing it badly .From past two days my Sim card is not working suddenly , which worked fine in other devices . Sometimes there are signals but the calls still cannot be made and network also . it recognises the sim but it shows emergency calls only . The other sim are also not working on my device . same problem . oneplus look into this problem as soon as possible .

19. sahilangz
    Eclair Jun 5, 2018

sahilangz , Jun 5, 2018 :
    N
    O it is not working . I can not make call , i can not use internet . I contacted service centre and they are saying send the book a repair for pick up and drop . I think even they dont know whats happening.

chaitanyakhaitan likes this.
  20. arshdeepsingh608
    Froyo Jun 5, 2018

arshdeepsingh608 , Jun 5, 2018 :
    Um I don't have a 'solution' exactly, maybe a temporary fix you can say but you can try this:

1) Open Phone app and dial this '*#*#4636#*#*'
    2) Go to phone information.
    3) There will be dropdown options for 'set preferred network type'
    4) From there, select LTE only or LTE/WCDMA and try if it works.

NOTE: If you have a sim that doesn't support VoLTE (like Jio SIM), then you won't be able to receive calls if you have only LTE selected. So is that's the case, you should go for LTE/WCDMA. It's because phone network will require 3G network connection while calling.