OnePlus 6 proximity sensor issue

1. nabeeljay
    Froyo Aug 8, 2018

nabeeljay , Aug 8, 2018 :
    It's been quite irritating now whenever I take up a call and put the phone on my ear, the screen goes on and ghost touches begin. I have tried clearing cache, but the problem hasn't been solved.

Can anyone pinpoint as in what could be the culprit ?

PS: I have even tried and disabled face unlock and that didn't help.

kvnreddy likes this.
  2. SubashBhuju
    Eclair Aug 8, 2018

nabeel2205 likes this.
  3. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 8, 2018

the_o2 , Aug 8, 2018 :
    Try to boot in safe mode and then try to reproduce this issue, if working fine there it's mean any app is trying to keep your phone on ex: true caller..

If problem is there then
    Dial *#808# and scroll down to "Sensor self-test and calibration" and select the proximity sensor option and make sure that nothing is within at least 5cm of the sensor for it to calibrate its setting to 5cm.
    Try this and see if this helps.

If still having problem report here
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

Or contact to OnePlus support...

buntycubal likes this.
  4. czandor
    Eclair Aug 22, 2018

czandor , Aug 22, 2018 :
    Hello,

I made two video to demonstrate the bug. Actually I think it is two bug as you can see in videos
    1.: right after dialing and the line is on you cover the proximity (lift the phone to ear), the screen turning off as we expect, but right after turning on.

2.: incall, when you uncover and cover the proximity (in real life you hold the phone on your ear but not stable) repeatedly, it will stay turned on the screen, or turning on right after turned off.

And dont forget the other bug with incall fingerprint. The screen turning on while you are in call and the phone on your ear (proximity covered), and yor finger touching the fingerprint sensor (because you must hold the phone somehow)