Oneplus 6 | Qualcomm Crashdump mode

?

Should this issue be resolved by Oneplus for free regardless of in-warranty or not?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not oneplus fault

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. its_j
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2021

its_j , Feb 26, 2021 :
    On 25th Feb 2021

I own an Oneplus 6 which I bought in July(between 10th & 15th), 2018 on amazon. I never had an issue with the device since then with the software part or the hardware part.

Suddenly one fine morning I woke up and turned on the phone to check my emails. Everything going well when I opened Gmail then suddenly my oneplus6 turns off which got almost 60% charge. I turned it back on with the error showing
    QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode
    JPEG_20210225_091324_3631375336910850091.jpeg
    I tried to restart again to make sure my volume rockers or the power button are not pressed. Still, nothing changes and I got nothing but to call the customer service. They asked me to visit the nearest service center which I did. After visiting the service center almost about 13mins after checking the phone in the "engineers room" they say it's a motherboard issue. I was shocked. I didn't do anything but I thought since it's a global issue the oneplus will change my motherboard for free.

NO! they inform me that the device is not in warranty, hence I need to pay near about 25k to get it fixed.

I was not ready any near to that as I am a student.

I am asking all the customers to please raise your voice and fight for this issue. We didn't do anything wrong. I googled up and found that most of the people faced this issue after getting the recent update.

Please drop me the solution if you find any or please join to make sure the Oneplus company knows what we are facing.

Thank you

JPEG_20210225_091324_3631375336910850091.jpeg

2. KluGe
    Lollipop Feb 26, 2021

KluGe , Feb 26, 2021 :
    Use Search in the upper right corner ("Crashdump") and you will find a lot of threads already existing for your topic.

Please do so every time to avoid forum pollution by creating a useless and redundant thread.

Caomhin likes this.
  3. ItsRavi25
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2021

Caomhin likes this.
  4. its_j
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2021

its_j , Feb 27, 2021 :
    After the oneplus engineer raised the hands that he cant do anything unless i pay and replace the mother board.

I asked the phone and went back to see the solution and try it myself. One I found in the forum itself, but nothing works. The phone stopped showing the crashdump mode but I am facing a black screen with white led on.

I can see the oneplus logo but not the OS loading one.

Den i tried two more times. Still no luck

5. ItsRavi25
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2021

ItsRavi25 , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Try to flash lower version of Android (Android 9.)

6. its_j
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2021

its_j , Mar 2, 2021 :
    I used the below link
    https://highonandroid.com/oneplus-6-stock-firmware/
    From which
    OnePlus 6 Hydrogen OS 5.1.3 Android 8.1 Oreo MSM Hard-Brick Tool- I used first but according the youtube video Hydrogen OS should boot the phone which didn't happen. Through which I needed to install OnePlus 6 Oxygen OS 5.1.5 Android 8.1 Oreo

This is the youtube video :

8. Flavio Sugii
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2021

Flavio Sugii , Mar 31, 2021 :
    I had the same problem last night. I´ve tried several ways to unbrick, but nothing work. The Oneplus was the worst smartphone that I owned. I've had several problems before.