OnePlus 6 Rear Glass Cracking : Please Reply OnePlus!

1. xin-c Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

xin-c, Oct 23, 2018 :
    Meins ist auch das Midnight-Black gewesen.
    Ich denke immer noch das es entweder an Material oder durch Spannung bricht.

2. SolarEclipse KitKat Oct 23, 2018

SolarEclipse, Oct 23, 2018 :
    Of course, no surprise there, add pressure or tension to glass and it will break. It's not like a metal that would bend.

3. seziomek Cupcake Oct 24, 2018

seziomek, Oct 24, 2018 :
    I just discovered a large crack on the back of my OP6 as well. I admit - I have dropped it a few times from low heights. But let's be real, the back should NOT crack. That is just poor manufacturing. I had a Samsung Galaxy S6 for almost 3 years and dropped it countless times. The glass back never cracked. I've had the OP6 for not even 5 months and this happens? For all you on a high horse talking about people being irresponsible...everybody drops their phone at some point. Humans drop phones like they drop all sorts of other objects, it's human nature. Any decent phone manufacturer should take that into consideration and design their phones accordingly. Clearly, OnePlus failed at that.

4. SolarEclipse KitKat Oct 24, 2018

SolarEclipse, Oct 24, 2018 :
    Let's be real, users should be more careful. My last phone I had 3 1/2 years and I dropped it twice which is likely more the norm than what you describe. Your phone is made primarily of glass on the outside and it should be treated as such. Why people think Gorilla glass is indestructible is beyond me.

deangilvin likes this.
  5. Badr.D Froyo Oct 24, 2018

Badr.D, Oct 24, 2018 :
    it's true it is horrible the gorilla glass 5 and pretty useless. u can see the flaws on youtube tests as well as the community app... so many people report things like this

6. Badr.D Froyo Oct 24, 2018

Badr.D, Oct 24, 2018 :
    t it just breaks way to easily. also the gorilla 5 commercial does show that it is indestructible to the point that even beating it with a hammer did nothing. and they make that possible by using different pieces with different sizes and forms and weights from those in phones. it's only normal that people complain about their scam after an accident like this one happens

seziomek likes this.
  7. seziomek Cupcake Oct 24, 2018

seziomek, Oct 24, 2018 :
    I am careful, but I'm also a human being. Nobody is perfect. Surely you drop stuff? Your keys, etc. Phones drop. It happens. Phone manufacturers should be building phones with that in mind. If Samsung could do it with the S6 way back in 2015, I fail to see why OnePlus couldn't do it in 2018 with the OP6. There is no excuse. I was going to buy the OP6T upon launch, but I'm now unsure. "Never settle"...give me a break!

8. SolarEclipse KitKat Oct 24, 2018

I haven't dropped my OP6 since I got it at release.
    If you can't take care of your glass covered phones you might want to find a manufacture that still does plastic or metal backed phones and you'll be less likely to break it.

pdxtechy likes this.
  9. Badr.D Froyo Oct 24, 2018

Badr.D, Oct 24, 2018 :
    a perfect being... surely it must have fallen from a small height at least once or twice?

seziomek likes this.
  10. seziomek Cupcake Oct 24, 2018

seziomek, Oct 24, 2018 :
    Allow me to repeat myself. I had a glass-backed phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) for nearly 3 years. Neither the front nor the back glass cracked or even had so much as a scratch on them in spite of frequent daily use (and yes, dropping it). So clearly, I know how to take care of a phone with a glass back. What's also clear is that OnePlus doesn't know how to properly manufacture phones with glass backs! Nobody expects glass to be literally indestructible, but when a company sells a phone that is marketed as a premium flagship-level phone, that means it should be able to withstand daily use and abuse without breaking. Again, Samsung was able to produce a phone like this in 2015. Why can't OnePlus do so in 2018?

11. SolarEclipse KitKat Oct 24, 2018

Nope to both.

12. SolarEclipse KitKat Oct 24, 2018

Out of the 1,000,000+ OP6's sold, there's only been reports of a few dozen breakages. If, as you claim, this is a defect then I'd expect 10s of thousands of reports if not more.
    Again, go with a different manufacturer next time if you are unhappy with the OP. No one is forcing you to buy another.

pdxtechy likes this.
  13. seziomek Cupcake Oct 24, 2018

seziomek, Oct 24, 2018 :
    Hahaha what an ignorant thought process to have!

1) Not every single person reports every single issue with their phone. I've had issues with phones that I've never posted about or reported. I would wager that most people never report issues with phones at all. Most tech defects are made known by a small but vocal minority who take it upon themselves to report issues. Most people just shrug and continue on with their lives.

2) For many people, the OP6 is their first glass-backed phone. Perhaps they assume that easy breakage is just par for the course and thus don't complain. However, those of us who have had glass-backed phones before recognize that something is terribly amiss. It is obvious to us how poorly manufactured the OP6's glass back is.

Of course, nobody is forcing me to buy another OnePlus. I'm simply voicing my displeasure with a product I bought in the hopes that OnePlus takes action. That is what this forum is for, right?

Badr.D likes this.
  14. SolarEclipse KitKat Oct 24, 2018

Yes, to have an adult conversation, but that escapes you.
    You have a good one, and enjoy your next phone.

pdxtechy likes this.
  15. seziomek Cupcake Oct 24, 2018

seziomek, Oct 24, 2018 :
    Calling a person ignorant because they don't understand the concept of sampling (a very basic concept in statistics and research) is not a useless insult, particularly when they use such faulty reasoning to justify themselves...just a thought ;)

16. SolarEclipse KitKat Oct 24, 2018

Oh I understand insults and random sampling very well. You're good at the former, just not the latter.
    To prove your supposition about a supposed manufacturing defect go and survey ~10,000 random OP6 users from around the world and come back with how many have broken their phones and how they broke them. After all, as you have stated, the posts in these forums aren't evidence of a manufacturing fault as the sampling pool isn't enough nor random. Once you have that done and if you actually show a significant number from that sampling pool I'll take your word for it. I'll patiently wait for your research. Good luck!

pdxtechy likes this.
  17. MaxsoundCarAudio Froyo Nov 9, 2018

MaxsoundCarAudio, Nov 9, 2018 :
    My 4 month old OP6 rear glass has cracked in exactly the same place as so many other OP6 users phones doing the same thing and that's cracking on its own or under very very light pressure which is a manufacturing design fault without a doubt and something which oneplus should own up to and repair all the faulty op6 phones under warranty as this bad design is unacceptable.

18. MaxsoundCarAudio Froyo Nov 9, 2018

Attached Files:

19. MaxsoundCarAudio Froyo Nov 9, 2018

Come on all you OnePlus 6 users with cracked faulty glass backs post your pics here as oneplus as a reputable company need to address this world wide issue repair and rectify this issue for FREE under op6 warranty asap. It's so obvious that the glass back on the OP6 has a weak point next to the volume rocker making it shatter or crack under either little or no pressure what's so ever!

20. MaxsoundCarAudio Froyo Nov 9, 2018

Attached Files: