OnePlus 6 Rear Glass Cracking : Please Reply OnePlus!

1. AmitExpectations Gingerbread Dec 7, 2018

AmitExpectations, Dec 7, 2018 :
    Even my op6 got accidentally fallen atleast 10 times nothing happened but it doesn't give the guarantee that it cannot happen in future.
    we all know its glass back and its prone to get break hence its advisable to keep it with atmost care.
    since the cases are few hence i think oneplus should change the back without any cost but it's totally on them.

2. Maverick2.0 Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2018

Kytharsis likes this.
  3. sskanth999 Gingerbread Dec 7, 2018

sskanth999, Dec 7, 2018 :
    I know but all the phones fallen down breaks exactly in that same location which means there is a flaw in the design and the so called hardcore fans of OnePlus doesn't accept it

4. xin-c Cupcake Dec 8, 2018

xin-c, Dec 8, 2018 :
    Ha :D HA :D HA :D wie Cool ist das denn es werden ja immer mehr wo das Hinter Glas bricht.
    Und immer an der selben Stelle ???
    Wahrscheinlich die Erdanziehung damit es immer genau auf die gleiche stelle fallt.;)
    Ich habe meins selber Repariert ( eBay sei dank ) und Billiger als beim Service.
    Werde es weiter verfolgen ist ein Sehr Interessantes Thema:)

5. Kytharsis Lollipop Dec 8, 2018

Kytharsis, Dec 8, 2018 :
    Kannst du das auf Englisch wiederholen?

6. Deactivated User Dec 8, 2018

7. sskanth999 Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

sskanth999, Dec 8, 2018 :
    SolarEclipse

If someone drops their phone or puts excess pressure and bends their phone which causes a break that's all on the user. Not OnePlus' fault you (or others) can't take care of their phones properly.
    Anyone who breaks their phone can get the back replaced, just be aware it won't be covered by warranty.

It's not about taking care properly. What we are questioning is whatever side the phone falls, it breaks exactly the same location near volume rocker button in all the cases that's why we are having doubts that it is an design issue.

We are not asking to repair in warranty we are telling that there is a design problem and OnePlus should acknowledge it rather than people like you telling us how to use the phone . No one drops phone by purpose, spend lot of amount to repair it. It happens by mistake and damage happens in the same place in most of the cases reported here.

You can also see the breakage pattern of the breakage of the glass and it's same in most of the cases.

8. Deactivated User Dec 8, 2018

9. sskanth999 Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

10. Deactivated User Dec 8, 2018

11. sskanth999 Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

I am not sure what you are trying to say that I am lying and I didnt ask for One plus to repair.

It's waste of time to discuss with you as well.

12. Deactivated User Dec 8, 2018

13. sskanth999 Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

SolarEclipse

Pretty simple, compare with what I actually said to what you claim I said.

Just shows you'd resort to lieing to try and make a case which totally invalidates any discussion you have made.​

I really don't know what you are saying.

Please end this discussion. If you read my initial post, I said Ordent OnePlus fans doesn't agree which is correct.

You said it's not One plus fault and I said whenever it falls it's breaks in the same point with the same pattern which can be seen in this thread and asked OnePlus to acknowledge it.

If it falls and breaks in different different places then no one complaints but it's breaking always near volume rocker which you don't understand.

jyveslandry likes this.
  14. MarcW1 Froyo Dec 8, 2018

MarcW1, Dec 8, 2018 :
    All the OnePlus cases are crap. They are purely for decoration and offer no real protection.
    Get an OtterBox case.

SAS34 and jyveslandry like this.
  15. jyveslandry Cupcake Dec 15, 2018

jyveslandry, Dec 15, 2018 :
    Here's the infamous rear glass crack near the volume button on my OnePlus 6. I had a protector on it so I didn't see it until I took the protector off, so no idea how or when it happened.

Attached Files:

16. Kytharsis Lollipop Dec 15, 2018

Kytharsis, Dec 15, 2018 :
    Looks like a stress fracture.

Deactivated User likes this.
  17. Deactivated User Dec 15, 2018

18. jyveslandry Cupcake Dec 15, 2018

I know I should have had in my man purse. Nothing against the murse! Seriously though where else are you going to carry your phone? Shirt front pocket? There's bound to be stress in your pocket and the phone should be designed that way, never had that problem with aluminium or plastic backing. Never had a problem with 3T, still don't. Bet you my 3t will last longer than this one

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018

19. jyveslandry Cupcake Dec 15, 2018

Definitely, great phone but I prefer the aluminium or plastic backing. Oh well it is what it is

20. Deactivated User Dec 15, 2018