OnePlus 6 Rear Glass Cracking : Please Reply OnePlus!

1. Jaws4God
    Froyo Aug 9, 2019

2. 1+U
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2019

1+U , Aug 28, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

I am having the same issue in my onePlus 7. Looks like the design issue was never fixed, I used my onePlus 3T for 2.5 Years till it was stolen from me. That was a great phone. This is a design flaw as everyone is have the same crack that looks exactly the same. I never dropped it, I had been really careful with it and never carried it my back pocket & has always kept it in the case that it came with.

3. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Aug 28, 2019

Kytharsis , Aug 28, 2019 :
    Looks like a stress crack.

4. 1+U
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2019

1+U , Aug 28, 2019 :
    If everybody is having a crack that looks the same & is happening at the same point magically, which is passing down every next generation, then its called a design flaw & lazy implementation.

5. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Aug 28, 2019

I've had my phone since July of last year and have had no cracks.

Horsault likes this.
  6. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 28, 2019

pablofg1978 , Aug 28, 2019 :
    Well, next time buy a device without buttons. I wonder to who you will blame when you break it....

Kytharsis likes this.
  7. 1+U
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2019

1+U , Aug 28, 2019 :
    I been using onePlus for nearly 5 years now, would have still been using my 3T. TBH I am really disappointed with 1+7. I actually didn't want to buy it as there was nothing new in it from 6T and other flagships are getting way ahead of it. I am not saying its a bad phone, just bought it as I kinda believed in the brand. After using 1+7 till now I kinda lost faith in it. I really miss the headphone jack, I have wireless headphones but when you are on the run you won't have time to charge it. My travels are now really boring as I will run out of charge for my Bluetooth headphones and can't connect wired earphones to it. They don't even include the usb C to 3.5mm conversion cable in the box, And I had to buy it separately. And I always forget to take it with me. The charger is more bulkier than my 3T charger even thought the output is same. Back glass got cracked so easily. The second depth sensing camera is actually a joke. I took photos covering it and there was no difference in clarity. The silicon cover is of no use. I would have actually bought a hard case if they wouldn't have included it and it shows off the glossy back. They should have included the conversion cable than the silly case. Because of these I have to carry my iPhone with me all the time. My friend bought a 7 Pro, even thought the company claims waterproof, his speaker stopped working with just one drop in the pool. And it's really funny that the Assistant Head Moderator itself is telling me that the brand has lost its values & enthusiasm it actually thrived on.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019

8. pablofg1978

I never said what you claim that I said.
    In the product page it says what is included in the box, so you knew that the adapter was not included.
    Furthermore, the company never said anything about water proof.
    If you broke your device don't blame the company that made it, is up to you to take proper care of it.

Kytharsis and drl431 like this.
  9. 1+U
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2019

1+U , Aug 28, 2019 :
    My friend if you don't know, this is called false advertising.

10. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Aug 28, 2019

Water resistant, not water proof. Meaning it can survive a small amount of water. Even with a proper IP rating you still won't be covered under warranty.

11. pablofg1978

Indeed
    Also, read the disclaimer in the video

Kytharsis likes this.
  12. C1537810766080
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2019

C1537810766080 , Oct 15, 2019 :
    i wanted to clean the camera so I removed my one plus 6 silicone case... and I saw it was cracked....I did drop it the day before with the silicon case on and it stumbled and fell and hit all the sides....and when I opened it today no dents on th sides only the glass has broken ...how!

13. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 15, 2019

Kytharsis , Oct 15, 2019 :
    Glass breaks, metal doesn't.

drl431 likes this.
  14. narceoneplus2
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2019

narceoneplus2 , Oct 15, 2019 :
    No glass is unbreakable. I know that that is not what you may want to hear but it is what it is. Sorry, buddy. Click on this link: https://www.oneplus.com/support/repair-pricing/details?code=8. Wish you the best!

Kytharsis likes this.