OnePlus 6 Rear Glass Cracking : Please Reply OnePlus!

1. W1514785046772
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2018

2. Deactivated User
    Sep 17, 2018

Budruel likes this.
  3. ngydat
    KitKat Sep 17, 2018

ngydat , Sep 17, 2018 :
    Fair enough.
    I don't know what you could expect from us, users like you. But I guess you have 3 choices :
    - Bring your phone to a service center but it will cost you since I doubt One Plus will believe that your phone cracked by itself.
    - Buy a new One Plus device (I'd say wait for the 6T) : the most expensive solution
    - If it's just about the look, I would suggest to buy a skin from dbrand (worldwide delivery)

Here is an example of what you can do with dbrand :
    Capture.PNG

Deactivated User likes this.
  4. Edchong98
    Eclair Sep 17, 2018

Edchong98 , Sep 17, 2018 :
    These glass self breaking thread is totally thrash...
    How TF people on Earth believe glass breaks on their own, even cheap glass won't do so. Have them learnt about density of substances? What makes a material fragile is a matter of the density, we can say that glass is weak. it's true, but it would never broken by the density of air! WTF is going on? Admit it if you'd really fall it!!

Budruel likes this.
  5. vignesh.d7
    Donut Sep 19, 2018

vignesh.d7 , Sep 19, 2018 :
    1537384182503.jpg

1537384182427.jpg

My oneplus 6 back panel too got cracked today, even with a ironmancase on it. I have a theory that there is no way for the phone to send the out the heat it produces with the cover on it. So the glass becomes more vulnerable due to the heat generated and makes the sides vulnerable. As a result all the cracks i have seen from the side of volume or slider. So even a minimal drop make the phone more vulnerable to cracks. I would say the oneplus might have tested the drop test while its brand new after its usage for about 3 months the back becomes more vulnerable. "I suspect that could also be the reason for the 6T being released to soon may be to cover the tracks before this issue gets out of hand." I hope they fix this issuse with the upcoming 6T

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018

Russel Fernandes likes this.
  6. fernsruben
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2018

7. vigneshmiller
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2018

vigneshmiller , Sep 19, 2018 :
    What? Oneplus users never had this issues with the previous Oneplus devices? Of course yes bc those weren't glass and Oneplus 6 have a glass back and it's pretty and they used glass for faster LTE speed and plastic looks so cheap like on that poco phone. So yes now we have glass back and it's not breaking itself like some Oneplus users were claiming. Glass is glass you must be careful with it and Oneplus is not responsible for your carelessness. And never compare Oneplus 6 design with the previous gen Oneplus devices, since they decided to go with glass back instead of metal

8. vignesh.d7
    Donut Sep 19, 2018

vignesh.d7 , Sep 19, 2018 :
    Careless people wont spend 1500 on a cover to get their phone cracked.

9. vigneshmiller
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2018

Cases won't stop your phone from bending when you keep on tight pockets and not everyone is using a good case on their phone. Even I love to use phone without case. Since Oneplus 6 have glass back I'm using a case and if the glass breaks I'll go for a skin

vignesh.d7 likes this.
  10. vignesh.d7
    Donut Sep 19, 2018

11. vigneshmiller
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2018

Yes we sacrificed durability for faster networks and beauty

12. fernsruben
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2018

fernsruben , Sep 22, 2018 :
    People, invest in GadgetShieldz. I'm talking about the full body protection. The polymer film will prevent unnecessary tension on the glass surface by providing enough flex required.

13. Kipcarrei
    Donut Sep 24, 2018

Kipcarrei , Sep 24, 2018 :
    Naturally I am very careful with the phone. I have never used it without a case and the tempered glass screen protector. Also the phone has never been dropped or bumped into anything.
    That is why I was very surprised there was suddenly a crack in the back, just like the ones in photos posted here.

Has anyone got a response from OnePlus on this yet?

14. Joonie_Marvey
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2018

Joonie_Marvey , Sep 24, 2018 :
    to be frank i dropped my oneplus 6 at 6ft high on hard tiles with only the pre applied screen protector and the provided jelly case. no cracks whatsoever. i actually skipped a beat when it fell. phew. good thing it didn't crack, and now i'm using the UAG case to better protect my phone.

15. Joonie_Marvey
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2018

Joonie_Marvey , Sep 24, 2018 :
    or maybe so the frequent changing of putting on and off a case, especially a polycarbonate one that is a hard plastic thats hard to put on and off. just a guess.

16. Alexchahian
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2018

Alexchahian , Sep 25, 2018 :
    Hi all,

Adding to this useful discussion; I now attach a couple of pictures from the OP that cracked this weekend, while using the protective case provided and inside my wife's bag, walking into town. This was not extreme walking, with the bag swinging from side to side. There were no hits or bumps or falls; this was a leisurely walk, and once in town she noticed the back absolutely shattered in the two points you see in the photos.
    Interestingly we found a number of articles on Reddit around this issue; and the cracks appear to happen spontaneously and in the same two spots in the back, near the volume buttons.
    I would like to hear from OP on this point, and at least acknowledge the fact there might be a problem (is it heating? is it materials? is the design too extreme?) and offer solutions to the loyal customers still buying the products.
    We received a very short and dismissive response from the Customer Services Team; which was also disappointing.
    We will send the phone to be repaired, and hope it does not fail again; but the overall experience is proving challenging for us to continue loyal to OP unfortunately.
    Love the phones! but not when they fail inexplicably after 3 months.
    A very disappointed user...
    20180923_171427.jpg

17. Alexchahian
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2018

18. Syedarbab.007
    Eclair Sep 25, 2018

Syedarbab.007 , Sep 25, 2018 :
    i dropped the phone twice without a case
    once while riding a bike
    and once while playing pubg from a height of 5 feet
    but nothing happened till now

vigneshmiller and Mohanish2509 like this.
  19. Kipcarrei
    Donut Sep 25, 2018

Kipcarrei , Sep 25, 2018 :

This sounds exactly like my situation and I have a very similar crack in the back of my phone. All OnePlus support had to say about it is that I should be more careful with my devices. I haven't an idea how I can be even more careful than I am, always having the phone in a case, with tempered glass screen protector, lying flat on the table and never carrying it in a bag or anything like that. No falls, no hits, no bumps.

I am very disappointed with my first OnePlus phone and if OnePlus keeps refusing to address the problem I am very sure my next phone will be an iPhone again.

20. V1532722292744
    Eclair Sep 25, 2018

V1532722292744 , Sep 25, 2018 :
    Because the Phone is cracking automatically.