Other Oneplus 6 Return Policy

1. Eilermoon
    Eclair Jul 5, 2018

Eilermoon , Jul 5, 2018 :
    Hey guys, I just bought the OP6 a few days ago, waiting on shipping now. I know the red version is coming out soon and I'm curious if there needs to be an issue with the phone to be able to return it inside of those initial 15 days. I know I like the matte black that I ordered but if I think I'd like the red more, it'd be nice to be able to return it and get that (I'm in the US if that matters). I've read the return policy and it doesn't seem to clearly address this, let me know what you think!

2. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Jul 5, 2018

Eilermoon likes this.
  3. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jul 5, 2018

Baymax , Jul 5, 2018 :
    You can always return for a full refund within 15 days. As far as I know there does not need to have any issue to be returned. I will confirm though.

4. Eilermoon
    Eclair Jul 5, 2018

Great, thanks so much for the quick reply!

5. meatandy
    Oreo Jul 5, 2018

meatandy , Jul 5, 2018 :
    Just refuse the delivery and it will be sent back .

Franco16 likes this.
  6. Eilermoon
    Eclair Jul 5, 2018

That would work fine if I didn't want to check out the matte black phone first, my point is that I'm not sure which one I'd like and would like to hold it before I decide.

7. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Jul 5, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Jul 5, 2018 :

8. Baymax

Best Answer
    Baymax , Jul 5, 2018 :
    I have confirmed by reading the return policy.
    You can return your device within 15 days for any reason for a full refund.

idkwhoiam322 and Eilermoon like this.
  9. Eilermoon
    Eclair Jul 5, 2018

Ahh I must have missed the "for any reason" part of that, thank you!

10. meatandy
    Oreo Jul 5, 2018

meatandy , Jul 5, 2018 :
    Do you use a case?

11. Eilermoon
    Eclair Jul 5, 2018

I do atm with my OP2, but I plan on not using one with the OP6, or at least using a bumper edge case so the beautiful surface of the phone is exposed. That's why I care about which I like more

meatandy likes this.
  12. pi3point142
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 5, 2018

pi3point142 , Jul 5, 2018 :
    If you want the red, you should get it, don't worry about testing the midnight black first. It's just matte black after all.

Speak to support and see what they can do for you, before it arrives. As you'll be saving everyone the trouble and costs of a return.

But, isn't it safer with a case, whichever one you get, these phones are quite slippery.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018

13. Arthur.orin
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2018

SeniorGeek and Deactivated User like this.
  14. Deactivated User
    Jul 5, 2018

15. BRAD FORD BOI
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2018

16. mr.william1
    Donut Jul 5, 2018

mr.william1 , Jul 5, 2018 :
    Ok, so I am in the same situation and just recently ordered a mirror black OP6. However, I had the student discount applied to this order. If I were to return the phone to Oneplus would it be possible to get the same discount on the red phone as well? Or would that not be possible since I used the discount on the mirror black order? Thoughts?

Eilermoon likes this.
  17. Eilermoon
    Eclair Jul 5, 2018

I actually didn't consider this, as I used the student discount as well.

mr.william1 likes this.
  18. Eilermoon
    Eclair Jul 5, 2018

mr.william1 likes this.
  19. Eilermoon
    Eclair Jul 5, 2018

tl;dr: If the order is refused, no shipping will be charged to me and the Student Discount can not be used again, only once per year.

Peter
    - I recently ordered a OnePlus 6 Matte Black and would like to see if it is possible to cancel the order or exchange it for the Red OnePlus 6 that will come out in a few days.

Andrew - Hi there I see that you have ordered a device and want to have it cancelled for you to have a OnePlus 6 Red that will come so soon.

Peter - Yes that's correct

Andrew - Thanks for waiting, As I have checked on it, your order is now on its way to have it delivered

Andrew - Given that information at hand we can no longer have it cancelled.

Andrew - What we can do now is for you to have the order refused and in that way we can have your order refunded as soon as your order had returned to our warehouse.

Andrew - But if you do have extra funds, you may just have your order placed as soon as the OnePlus 6 Red will be available.

Peter - I see, that will work fine. I had an additional question regarding shipping and discounts in the case of a return. I used the Student discount on the Matte Black OnePlus 6, would I be able to use it for the Red OnePlus 6 as well? Also with a return, do I pay shipping costs back to OnePlus?

Andrew - I see here that you have indeed discounted with -$31.85 for the Student Discount. I'm afraid that the Discount can only be claimed once and there is no possible way to have it claimed again. Since the Student discount can be availed annually, you might as well can have it claimed next your though.

Andrew - With regards to the process where you can refuse the parcel as soon as it will arrive, your shipping cost will not be charged.

Andrew - Our shipping partner will just tag it as failed delivery and have your order returned to our warehouse.

Andrew - Would there be anything else that I can help you with aside from this?

Peter - I'm not sure I understand the case with the discount. You're saying it can be used once in a year so a year from now I could use it again but not before then?

Andrew - Yes, you have understood it right Peter.

Andrew - For this year, since you have used it for this purchase(even if you are to refuse the parcel, it is considered to be used.) you can no longer have it used again.

Andrew - You may have a new discount claimed again next year.

20. Baymax

Baymax , Jul 5, 2018 :
    Ah. I didn't know you used a student discount. Yeah. Sorry about this bud.