OnePlus 6, screen with black overlays HELP!!!! via OnePlus 6

1. jameelsheikh
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2020

jameelsheikh , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 9, 2020 :
    My OnePlus 6 has a black translucent overlay on the bottom of the screen, sometimes at the top, sometimes it's gets so dark I can't see through to the screen, sometimes it just disappears. The touchscreen works fine. When I start the phone, the android logo at the bottom shows up fine without the black overlay(always). If I take a screenshot there is no overlay.
    The phone has never been dropped, nothing ever placed on it.

Has anyone else faced this? Any solution? I have called OnePlus over 30 times, no-one answers. (Waited for over an hour most times)

Please help!!!

2. drl431
    Marshmallow Jul 9, 2020

drl431 , Jul 9, 2020 :
    That could be a hardware issue, as you cannot capture it with a screenshot. Consider a factory reset to make certain. Back up your data (except the apps) to the cloud or a pc first. You should not back up or restore the apps as you could re-introduce the issue.

3. jameelsheikh
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2020

jameelsheikh , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 9, 2020 :
    Did that, backed up only my messages and contacts, same problem.
    Tried it twice. The cycle is this : for a few days the top 1 inch of the phone gets a slightly darkish overlay(very manageable) after a few days the bottom 1 inch starts getting a slightly darkish overlay which quickly graduates into quite dark!
    If the display is faulty, then the android icon would also be under this overlay, that isn't the case ( atleast logically I would think so)

4. drl431
    Marshmallow Jul 9, 2020

drl431 , Jul 9, 2020 :
    A hardware issue could also include the mainboard or interconnect cables. It is also possible the display operates differently during the boot-up cycle, using a different resolution, refresh rate, and/or color depth. I would expect if it was an OOS issue, that many other OP6/6T phones would be affected.

5. jameelsheikh
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2020

drl431 likes this.
  6. jameelsheikh
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2020