Oneplus 6 to buy or wait?

1. UltimateGamer07
    Eclair Jun 18, 2018

UltimateGamer07 , Jun 18, 2018 :
    The 5T also had many issues at launch but right now it's pretty much speck clean.

Updates can fix every software issue. OP6 has the hardware in it. Buying a phone at launch is sort of like joining a beta program, you get earlier access but you also have to handle a few issues

2. ouyamaster
    Honeycomb Jun 18, 2018

ouyamaster , Jun 18, 2018 :
    Well I'm not handling issues to be dealt a notch. When Vivo nex with no notch is on the cutting edge. If the phone we're more on the cutting edge I'd be more willing to deal with issues. The Vivo Nex is practically a bezeless op6. The design is so close I have to question why op added the terrible Notch to begin with? If someone says that one plus didn't know about this I'd have to say shannanigans. Opo was about not settling. The new one plus is all about compromises. Even the name one plus one opo spells oppo. Lexus is not Toyota and Infinity is not Nissan. Corporate BS to the max.Theyve bought so much notched stock and want to sell as much of it possible before dumping the Samsung is a leader not a follower unlike one plus.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018

3. ouyamaster
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2018

ouyamaster , Jun 19, 2018 :

One plus created this phone so Early to embarrass themselves. Instead of waiting a year and releasing a phone with a better design.

Terryruiz likes this.
  4. ouyamaster
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2018

It would only take a year or less to adopt the Vivo Nex design to compete wilth Galaxy S10 and LG G8.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018

5. ouyamaster
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2018

My bad G8

https://goo.gl/wpyNoz
    Samsung and LG are said to have developed a new technology that could help them deliver true, bezel-less displays on their 2019 flagships.

If Vivo Nex Never hits us shores and one plus does not adopt it's bezeless design LG and Samsung will beat it to the punch. It will be a missed opportunity and if the price goes up a lot on op7 and it still has a notch I guarantee nobody will buy it. Again this is not new technology Vivo already did the same thing.This is like an iceberg approaching the Titanic and if Pei and Lau don't get off their behinds and get a bezeless design soon I guarantee Samsung and LG will make the most sales with their bezeless flagships.Sure there will be die hard one plus fans but the rest of the world doesn't give a care.

6. p51d007
    KitKat Jun 19, 2018

p51d007 , Jun 19, 2018 :
    FIRST thing I would ask...is your current phone holding up, performing as intended?
    Since you have the 3, I'd guess the battery life is starting to drop, and it may have some performance issues.
    Given the history of Oppo's OnePlus, with the 3, 3T, 5, 5T, you should ask yourself a couple questions.
    If your current phone is adequate, I would hold off, at least until pretty much confirmed "leaks" give you a
    hint of what the 6T might offer, then, weigh if the wait, plus the increase in price (most likely) is worth any new or additional features would benefit you. If not, then I'd go ahead and get the 6. By September, I'd guess most of the specs would leak out. And if you go with the 6 and not the 6T, pretty much all of the serious bugs that are showing up in the 6, would have at least been squashed. If you get the 6T, you can almost bet even though it will share most of the software of the 6, there will obviously be difference, in which you may have to put up with bugs on the 6T.

7. yousufchokwala
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2018

yousufchokwala , Jun 19, 2018 :
    Hi People,
    Incase if you or your friends or close people are buying ONEPLUS 6 phone, Please do use the below referral code.
    Coupon code for use on purchase of OnePlus 6 (Mirror Black 6GB RAM + 64GB memory): CKWB-9FK9DA-B8Z9Z8.
    Coupon code for use on purchase of OnePlus 6 (Mirror Black 8GB RAM + 128GB memory): 9XMX-VEWJME-CK9MJ2.
    Coupon code for use on purchase of OnePlus 6 (Midnight Black 8GB RAM + 128GB memory):FKB3-R8SECP-8EUUDX
    Coupon code for use on purchase of OnePlus 6 (Silk White 8GB RAM + 128GB memory): ZATC-ZDW3TQ-WA3CLE
    The good thing about the above referral code as a promo code during checkout and you will get additional 3 months of warranty with the phone.
    Please do share it with the needful.
    Thanks and regards.

8. Aksh1993
    Donut Jun 19, 2018

9. ouyamaster
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2018

p51d007

FIRST thing I would ask...is your current phone holding up, performing as intended?
    Since you have the 3, I'd guess the battery life is starting to drop, and it may have some performance issues.
    Given the history of Oppo's OnePlus, with the 3, 3T, 5, 5T, you should ask yourself a couple questions.
    If your current phone is adequate, I would hold off, at least until pretty much confirmed "leaks" give you a
    hint of what the 6T might offer, then, weigh if the wait, plus the increase in price (most likely) is worth any new or additional features would benefit you. If not, then I'd go ahead and get the 6. By September, I'd guess most of the specs would leak out. And if you go with the 6 and not the 6T, pretty much all of the serious bugs that are showing up in the 6, would have at least been squashed. If you get the 6T, you can almost bet even though it will share most of the software of the 6, there will obviously be difference, in which you may have to put up with bugs on the 6T.

If you hate notches like I do just hold off. Op7 should not have one if one plus is smart. or maybe I'll buy a Nex in a few years if it is ever available in the us. op5t is the most stable one plus phone right now. I don't like one plus discontinuing strategy. they should have restocked op5t at least till it was a year old. How much money are these tech reviewers getting to purposely forget about the one plus 5T?

10. Mr_s10
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2018

11. Mcklaine
    Froyo Jun 19, 2018

Mcklaine , Jun 19, 2018 :
    if you wait for the 6T, rumors of the new 7 raised, so if you like the oneplus6 go for it.

Aurelien Bosquet likes this.
  12. I1529095782481
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2018

I1529095782481 , Jun 19, 2018 :
    I had a moto x play and I got the OnePlus 6 around 4 days ago. this thing is like a space, ship it's pretty incredible. I would highly recommend it

13. I1529095782481
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2018

I1529095782481 , Jun 19, 2018 :
    at least $1

14. ouyamaster
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2018

Come on there are not enough significant differences. If people had a choice some would still buy 5T till December of this year. Op6 unnecessary price increase. Notch and glass back.And instability until T version. No thanks.
    one plus killed off the 5T to pad their stats. We couldn't possibly sell it at a discount price then maybe nobody would buy the Op6. Op5t will only be a year old in September. Op6 is unnecessary.They can keep their God awful Notch. If op7 or op8 goes fully bezeless that is the milestone that might make me buy another one plus phone.
    Actually that's not correct it's OnePlus 5T - Wikipedia

Wikipedia › wiki

The OnePlus 5T is an Android smartphone made by OnePlus. It was unveiled on 16 November 2017 via a live streamed press event which aired on YouTube,. It went on sale on 21 November 2017. It is an incremental update to its predecessor, the OnePlus 5 which was unveiled only five months prior.

So everyone here is accepting a terrible notch when op5t could have been sold until this November.

And op6 is a incremental update to op5T which isn't even a year old yet.

15. Dark_Matrix_Guru
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 19, 2018

16. Trumpsdandruff
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2018

Trumpsdandruff , Jun 19, 2018 :
    I bought the 6 two weeks ago and it is frankly an amazing device. As for the issues mentioned above I don't have any of them except the slight edge detection inaccuracy in front facing camera portrait mode. I would assume every issue mentioned above has been corrected via software updates in the meanwhile perhaps. Device works perfectly and feels super premium. I can't let it go! I would say definately go for it.

17. Coastie
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2018

Coastie , Jun 19, 2018 :
    Because the pop up cameras of the Vivo Nex, and the Oppo Find X are completely ridiculous, I'll take 7 notches over that!

18. mehulkumar16
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2018

19. ouyamaster
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2018

Is the selfie camera that important to you? From what I've heard is it has 55,000 uses. How many selfies do you take a year? No iPhone Apple copy Notch for me! If Oppo Vivo Samsung and LG are already going down this path why isn't One Plus? I know you are a one plus rep in disguise, and you are trying to move all their notched stock.

20. Petjitsu
    KitKat Jun 19, 2018