OnePlus 6 to OnePlus Nord via OnePlus 6

1. Delta Function
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2020

Delta Function , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 16, 2020 :
    Hey guys!

I have been thinking of selling my OnePlus 6 recently to purchase the new OnePlus Nord.

Do you guys think it's a good upgrade from the OnePlus 6? I kind of want a new smartphone, with a better battery and camera. My OnePlus 6 is still in good condition, but I guess I just want that 2020 feel you know and it's pretty cheap if I sell my OnePlus 6! :)

1597555255645.jpg

2. rishabhghelani
    Froyo Aug 16, 2020

rishabhghelani , Aug 16, 2020 :
    This answer is largely dependent on what's your budget. If your budget doesn't permit a costlier phone, I dare say this is not an upgrade for you. Because honestly, for the price, there's not a lot of phones out there which will provide a better experience.
    I can always recommend you to increase your budget and get another flagship, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of this question.

3. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 16, 2020

Tobikage , Aug 16, 2020 :
    Yup....2020 has been great. Do it !

yashwant24 and ASCHENTE_V like this.
  4. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Aug 16, 2020

5. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 16, 2020

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  6. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Aug 16, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 16, 2020 :
    Like @Pete said "Moving Nord". Just bang and your camera is moving Nord.

Tobikage likes this.
  7. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2020

Godfather 1 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 16, 2020 :
    I have op6 and now nord.. everything works well on the nord..for the price that you are paying for this phone..its amazing...i thought the chipset would let me down..but it hasn't..its fast...i haven't played any games...so i dunno about the gaming experience...but then again..if you want to play games... or if you are a Gamer..i dont think you'd be playing on a mobile phone in the first place....the only let down is the camera...which i think after a few software updates, would be good...and even if it doesn't..you always have gcam..

Delta Function and a_m28 like this.
  8. Delta Function
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2020

Why is the camera a let down? Isn't it better than the OnePlus 6 camera?

9. alextoledo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 16, 2020

alextoledo , Aug 16, 2020 :
    The camera stayed on the road... or at least it hasn't arrived yet. A lot of 48/32MP but it's just numbers, in terms of performance I think the OP6 is better.

Honestly if you want to change OnePlus 6 to NORD for the camera do not do it, or just look for another device that meets your requirement.

10. Delta Function
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2020

I don't know, from the pictures I seen the OnePlus Nord's camera is almost as good as the OnePlus 8 Pro and the 8.

11. Delta Function
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2020

I feel like the battery has degraded on my phone. The Nord has a much bigger battery right?

12. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2020

alextoledo likes this.
  13. Delta Function
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2020

Doesn't all of this just mean that the OnePlus 6 is a better phone overall?

Besides the battery and display it seems that the OnePlus 6 has a better camera, faster phone...

14. alextoledo

It depends on who is behind the phone, if you are a professional photographer you will be able to take something decent, if you are an ordinary user who wants to shoot and enjoy his photo with NORD you will not get it a priori at the moment, the camera behaves strangely enough, for me the HDR that makes the processing is very aggressive and the ordinary photos have a problem of sharpness and are 48MP that should capture good detail, apart from the colors are not very well adjusted.

To the front camera it happens more of the same, as for the rest of the sensors... the angular one is worth, I accept it for a photo that another one can be well, now the macro and portrait sensor... total props, all marketing give you QUAD CAMERA and give you sensation of high range.

As I said before, if I was in your situation I would choose to replace the battery of the OP6 and continue with a good device that still has a useful life or if you want to make a change of mobile yes or yes, I would look at other options on the market in terms of cameras.

OnePlus = Performance. It is never going to be synonymous with a good camera because its software is not up to it, if one day they improve it they might go up a notch.

15. Delta Function
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2020

Thanks for the reply. Honestly, OnePlus 6 camera quality isn't that bad on Snapchat. I think Snapchat doesn't make Android cameras look bad anymore.

16. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2020

Godfather 1 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 16, 2020 :
    Op6 doesn't have 90hz.bigger battery..5g..

17. alextoledo

It's not 90Hz, but OxygenOS with 60Hz also looks really fluid. The excuse of 5G is only valid to increase the costs, since for utility it is null at the moment, since its implementation is still in progress and it will not be really useful until 2022.

The only disadvantage can be treated the battery that is already more degraded by use, but it is much cheaper to make a replacement of it and endure a year with that OnePlus 6. The change would be consistent if you come from an older model type OnePlus 3 / T.

18. Delta Function
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2020

Delta Function , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Thank you. I think I will hold for an extra year with the hopes that they will release another phone like the One Plus Nord. Perhaps, a OnePlus Nord 2? Sounds good to me.

20. alextoledo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2020

alextoledo , Aug 17, 2020 :
    That would be great to see a second NORD, as we all know how the first OnePlus mid-range ended up 😂

With a second release if it could be a real RECOVER THE NORTH, as with this first one they have collected a lot of feedback from users on how we see a medium range of OnePlus.