OnePlus 6 trade-in for OnePlus 2

1. amyodov
    Eclair May 17, 2018

amyodov , May 17, 2018 :
    Noticed the promotion that “To celebrate the launch of the OnePlus 6, we are offering up to €280 for your old OnePlus device, with offers on OnePlus 3 or newer devices until the end of May.”

Just curious: and what about OnePlus 2, your then-“flagship”, the one you’ve failed to provide any reasonable firmware support to, and which still can run just Android 6 (not getting the Android 7 released in 2016) even though being called “2016 flagship killer”? Are you going to silently recall all OnePlus 2s and swap them to OnePlus 6, or will it be “full-price trade in”, or what?

It is not clear from public announcements how you are going to resolve the OnePlus 2 crisis and try to get rid of the gray image you have after betraying your loyal customers once. So can you please elaborate how precisely OnePlus2-s are going to be recalled?

2. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow May 17, 2018

MentalDraco , May 17, 2018 :
    Don't think they will. Your stuck with them.

Tobikage likes this.
  3. Tobikage
    Nougat May 17, 2018

Tobikage , May 17, 2018 :
    A business.... doesn't work that way.
    You'd be lucky to get $120 to $150 for your phone from OnePlus.

Recalled ? Wasn't it clear from the silence so far that they don't really give a **** ?

Move on to a custom ROM that's up to date like most of us have or move on to a better company.

4. amyodov
    Eclair May 17, 2018

amyodov , May 17, 2018 :
    Well, if that’s a trade-in which is usually made to improve the company image and to switch the people from other brand to OnePlus.

There is quite a different story about recalls, which are usually made to save the company image and to prevent people switching to other brands, and converting others to switch.

Yes, personally I can do that. But it won’t let the OnePlus company save their face and show that they indeed care for their customers, rather than “sale and forget” like many other typical Chinese nonames.

marinobiagio and Tobikage like this.
  5. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow May 17, 2018

Hydra Bob , May 17, 2018 :
    When I checked just for s&g's they offered me $70 for mine, actually a little more than I was even expecting.

MentalDraco and Tobikage like this.
  6. Tobikage
    Nougat May 17, 2018

Like I said....if they actually cared , they'd have put out an update to make amends. They didn't. They don't care...and neither should a customer when making his next purchase.

Here's my question for the AMA

Hydra Bob likes this.
  7. Tobikage
    Nougat May 17, 2018

I'll give you $71 !

Hydra Bob and MentalDraco like this.
  8. amyodov
    Eclair May 17, 2018

amyodov , May 17, 2018 :
    Your AMA question is nice, but it is just a part of the problem. Who were those abandoned customers who bought OP2s/OPXes? – they were rather risky and curious to go and try a barely known (at that moment) manufacturer and to get through all those preorders and invite codes.

They were not just the “casual Joes” coming to the cellular operator shop and buying the first phone that catches their eyes, they were geeky pioneers. The best, the sweetest possible audience a phone manufacturer may get, and should try to keep – and still OnePlus managed to lose and abandon them, completely.
    Those who try the newest things, review them and then who are asked (by more “casual Joes”) about opinions what to buy and what to avoid.

So it is not about retaining them as customers.

It’s about getting back a little bit of their trust, for them to stop bashing and ridiculing OnePlus as a manufacturer at every possible situation, in every community where they are the opinion leaders.

Hell, it is way cheaper for OnePlus just to admit it and recall OP2/OPX while it is still not too late. Or – like now, while there is still a good time window – to “full-price trade-in” them.

9. Tobikage
    Nougat May 17, 2018

I bought a OPO on launch day. Had an excellent experience. Got a OP2 on launch day....was massively let down.
    The company doesn't care. Some of us have moved on.
    I will never buy another OnePlus at full price again. End of story.

amyodov and marinobiagio like this.