OnePlus 6: User Manual, Questions & Answers.

1. Gary C. OxygenOS Operations Staff Member May 24, 2018

Gary C., May 24, 2018 :
    User-Manual.jpg

Hey everyone,

First of all, thank you for all the amazing support. You all have helped the OnePlus 6 become our fastest selling device ever! We noticed many of you already have the phone in your hands and are sharing your excitement with our community. Some of you also have questions to ask. If that's you, we’ve got you covered. Our team has been keeping an eye on the forums these days, we’d like to share some answers to the questions we spotted, so that everyone can be on the same page.

OnePlus 6 User Manual: [HERE]
    (This is a PDF file, you can open it with a browser, or download it in your phone. File size 6.5MB)

-

Question: Is there a feature that I can double tap to lock the phone?
    Answer: Yes. We introduced this feature in our latest OnePlus Launcher (version 2.3.3, you can update it from the Google Play Store). By long-pressing on an empty space on the home screen to open the launcher options, select "HOME SETTINGS" and then you can find the feature option.

Question: Why does the screen keep flashing when taking slow-motion videos?
    Answer: Due to the flickering of fluorescent lamps, strobe problems occur when recording slow-motion videos using room lighting, which is normal behavior. We recommend using the slow-motion function in a bright, natural light environment.

Question: Why is the brightness different when taking slow-motion videos and normal pictures?
    Answer: It’s normal, since slow-motion videos use a high frame rate (240fps/480fps). To ensure the high frame rate output, every single frame’s exposure time will be shorter than the frame of the preview photo. Especially in a dark environment, like indoors, the short exposure time will lead to a darker output.

Question: Can you please explain why there is no option for Battery Percentage in the status bar?
    Answer: Feedback received. We add this option in the 5.1.6 update (20180607 build), please update your phone to the latest ROM available.

Question: The new alert slider works handy! However I didn’t see the Scheduled DND feature.
    Answer: Nice catch. The latest in the 5.1.6 update (20180607 build) supports it now. Please update your phone to the latest ROM available.

Question: Why does the battery show that the last charging time was 140+ days?
    Answer: Since the default date was 2018-1-1 when the phone shipped from the factory, it will show 140+ days since the last charge. When the phone is connected to the network, it will auto-correct the date and time. For example if you connect your phone on 2018-5-24, the time since last charge will be shown as 143 days. This phenomenon is normal and will be re-corrected at the next full charge.

Question: I found that the sound in notifications and calls are a bit low, are you going to fix it?
    Answer: Yes. Thanks for the feedback. We have it fixed in the 5.1.6 update (20180607 build). Please update your phone to the latest ROM available.

Question: What about the rear camera's autofocus issue?
    Answer: We hear you. This is fixed in the 5.1.6 update (20180607 build). Thanks!

Question: Why is there no network on my phone when using IDEA as a non-data card?
    Answer: This issue is resolved in the 5.1.6 update (20180607 build). Please update your phone to the latest ROM available.

Question: Help! I am unable to download applications from Google Play Store.
    Answer: Please check if auto-updating function under Wi-Fi connection of Play Store is turned on. If applications are updating in the background, the application downloading will be suspended.

Question: The call sound on my OnePlus 6 disappears when switching to the speaker, and there's still no sound when turning back to the earpiece.
    Answer: Thanks for the feedback, this issue is fixed in the 5.1.6 update (20180607 build). Please update your phone to the latest ROM available.

Question: I keep seeing three dots on the status bar. It's kind of annoying.
    Answer: Gotcha. The three dots in the status bar is removed in the 5.1.6 update (20180607 build). Please update your phone to the latest ROM available.

Question: A member from XDA has discovered a vulnerability issue on the device, is that correct?
    Answer: Yes. The fix patch is merged into OxygenOS 5.1.8(20180614 build).

Feel free to share more questions in the comment below. We will answer as we are able to!

Never Settle

2. Shine L. OxygenOS Operations Staff Member OnePlus Bug Hunter May 29, 2018

Stickied Post
    Shine L., May 29, 2018 :
    For always on display feature, maybe we can add it into Android P beta version. Please keep patient.
    And the three dots in status bar will be removed in next update. Thanks all. ;)

3. GopalB. Marshmallow May 24, 2018

Zixu, M1513047340406, Tejas@ and 5 others like this.
  4. GopalB. Marshmallow May 24, 2018

GopalB., May 24, 2018 :
    I know that the percentage can take up more space and due to the notch, there is some space limitations...
    So I'll suggest that the percentage can be inserted inside the round battery indicator...
    And same can be included in the future update for older phones like 5/5T as well... :)

5. akshyataparia Donut May 24, 2018

akshyataparia, May 24, 2018 :
    @Carl Well there is an incoming calls issue in oneplus 6. People try calling me but fails to do so. Please send an update for that. Tried switching the Sims.But no help.

Last edited: May 25, 2018

6. F_Rupesh_Soni_uhtS Donut May 24, 2018

F_Rupesh_Soni_uhtS, May 24, 2018 :
    In oneplus 6 there was same software features as in oneplus 5t no new software features why ??? I Am surprised that oneplus doesn't give any new software feature

7. meatandy Nougat May 24, 2018

meatandy, May 24, 2018 :
    Please look into the screenshot clarity.

(I don't have the beast in my hands yet) :p

Edit : it's here , it's great , loving the new screen.:D

Last edited: May 25, 2018

8. ravijain87 Gingerbread May 24, 2018

ravijain87, May 24, 2018 :
    Ho Gary,

Great to see this sort of thread addressing some of the feedback you have had and what will make it into the next update (in the last case into a future update).

It would be fantastic to keep this going as more feedback is received but I guess over time feedback will reduce to key pain points that won't be so easy to fix.

I haven't got the device yet (scheduled to arrive tomorrow) but will let you know as and when I have any feedback!

Regards,

Ravi

RePaRaQu and AndrewChamp like this.
  9. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer May 24, 2018

Alvie, May 24, 2018 :
    Thanks for answering these questions! Will be nice to see the battery percentage return haha

10. Dilip Jain(DJ) Ice Cream Sandwich May 24, 2018

11. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow May 24, 2018

12. GopalB. Marshmallow May 24, 2018

GopalB., May 24, 2018 :
    @Gary C.
    Why were Finger Print gestures (Pull down quick settings) removed from OnePlus 6???
    Are they coming back???

13. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 24, 2018

14. oneplusfanmy Cupcake May 24, 2018

oneplusfanmy, May 24, 2018 :
    Can you do something about pricing?

Pre oder price
    6GB RAM + 64GB storage – RM2,399 (Mirror Black)
    = 602.95 US Dollar vs 529usd
    8GB RAM + 128GB storage – RM2,799 (Mirror Black)
    = 703.49 US Dollar vs 579usd
    8GB RAM + 256GB storage – RM3,099 (Midnight Black) = 778.89 US Dollar vs 629 usd

It is 100usd more expensive in Malaysia. It is far from affordable for us.

15. GopalB. Marshmallow May 24, 2018

GopalB., May 24, 2018 :
    That's a secret... :p

16. fabioss112 Eclair May 24, 2018

fabioss112, May 24, 2018 :
    Am I the only one who had seen sporadic lags on Facebook or Instagram?
    I'm the op6 with the last update 5.1.5 oxygenOS.

17. Sritejkadiveti Eclair May 24, 2018

Sritejkadiveti, May 24, 2018 :
    Please add an gesture for 'switch to previous app'. Only lack of this feature is preventing me from disabling software buttons.

18. the_derek Froyo May 24, 2018

the_derek, May 24, 2018 :
    Are fingerprint gestures/fingerprint swipe for the notification panel removed because the hardware doesn't support it, or can it be added via software or firmware?
    With an even bigger screen than my 5T I find it harder to reach the top of the screen.

19. Ravimistri Eclair May 24, 2018

Ravimistri, May 24, 2018 :
    Why is there 3 dots in notification bar i tried to find but there is no option it is there from the purchase date. Can someone help in this.

20. Dilip Jain(DJ) Ice Cream Sandwich May 24, 2018

21. mondogrossa Donut May 24, 2018

mondogrossa, May 24, 2018 :
    Is it possible for the aspect ratio to be changed while playing games in portrait mode (ie. ffbe). I tried removing the notch and manually changing the app's size to default screen size, but it doesn't change anything. Will this be in a patch or is it not possible due to the OP6 natural screen ratios?

simrangill1551, ppavan1 and Nigol like this.