Display OnePlus 6 Water issue, Display blank, Phone still working, Backup possible?

1. jukebox11
    Donut Aug 16, 2019

jukebox11 , Aug 16, 2019 :
    On a fun trip Mobile got wet and Display started flickering and went off. Can still receive call by swiping it up on blank display. OnePlus Service center asking to replace both motherboard and display which comes almost same price as new phone, its a costly affair.

Phone Model: OnePlus A6000 with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB Storage

Is there anyway i can backup/retrieve the data from Phone using recovery softwares? Few Softwares like Syncios detecting the Phone, but i am not able to explore the contents.

Tried Android Data Recovery but its asking to Turn on USB debugging, rest of software too asking to do the same. Is it possible to turn it on Turn on USB debugging remotely through a computer?

When i connect my phone to PC now, this is the only option i get

upload_2019-8-17_1-19-14.png

The Phone warranty expired in July, so this phone is useless now, wanted to know if there is anyway i could recover my data. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

2. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Aug 16, 2019

Kytharsis , Aug 16, 2019 :
    I'm guessing you never installed the drivers before now, huh?

3. jukebox11
    Donut Aug 16, 2019

The drivers were already installed earlier since last year, the phone never had issues detecting on this machine till today when i am trying to reconnect it to check if i can backup but it doesn't pop up the screen anymore to explore the contents but just display the drivers folder.

4. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Aug 16, 2019

Kytharsis , Aug 16, 2019 :
    Then it's possible your phone may be FUBAR at this point.

5. jukebox11
    Donut Aug 16, 2019

I am still trying out the SDK tools, if that can assist in communicating with Android.

6. ngydat
    KitKat Aug 17, 2019

ngydat , Aug 17, 2019 :
    If I had been you, I would have bought a new phone at this point. Anyway, hopefully, you'll get your data back

Kytharsis likes this.
  7. jukebox11
    Donut Aug 17, 2019

jukebox11 , Aug 17, 2019 :
    I bought a Pro 7 Nebula Blue 12GB RAM today, hope i will be careful with the data on this and do regular backups.

Have given the damaged phone to the local repair shop,they are going to dry using heat for 3 hours and then change the display if required. Hope they are able to get to the display running, will keep posted if anything positive.

Thanks.