OnePlus 6T and Anker ROAV Bolt issues

1. melanchete
    Cupcake May 24, 2019

melanchete , May 24, 2019 :
    The OnePlus 6T, as Anker Roav engineers have reproduced the very same issue with their OnePlus 6T. Anker engineers directed me to contact OnePlus to see if the Bluetooth deep sleep / Lockscreen issue could be fixed so that the Google Assistant/Anker Roav Bolt to work without constantly having to unlock the OnePlus 6T to have functionality. The Phone is running Oxygen 9.0.13 (Global) and not beta.

The feedback from OnePlus support is that the Lock screen/Bluetooth deep sleep mode is for power saving. The problem is that while I am driving and music is being streamed or Google is navigating the phone will lock and any interaction with the ROAV Bolt results in "Google" responding (something went wrong) or just not responding to which is the screen locking. Can someone please look into this and find a fix? It breaks automation when manual intervention is required for operation. The other phone manufacturers are engaged and either have either delivered a fix or are actively working with Anker and Google to make a mobile Google Assistant that works.

bruno.l.j likes this.
  2. bruno.l.j
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2019

3. crbems
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

crbems , Jul 10, 2019 :
    I also have the exact same issue on the OnePlus 6. Would like to see this feature maybe as an optional feature, so that users who choose to disable this for compatibility can do so, while still providing optimal battery life for users who don't.

bruno.l.j likes this.
  4. Freo
    Donut Jul 23, 2019

Freo , Jul 23, 2019 :
    I'm experiencing the same issue on the OnePlus 5 with my Anker Roav Bolt. Running OxygenOS 9.0.6

5. Uonze
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2020

Uonze , Feb 8, 2020 :
    O also have this issue with OnePlus 5T. It has been fustrating since it is limiting the use of that device.

6. zelendel
    Donut Feb 18, 2020

zelendel , Feb 18, 2020 :
    Their power saving measures effect a lot of things with BT. Cause their devices not to work properly with wearable as well as normal headsets.

I am sure it could be fixed on a 3rd party level in the kernel if one plus doesn't want to do it themselves.