Oneplus 6T day 1 scratch

1. JM3C
    Eclair Nov 3, 2018

JM3C , Nov 3, 2018 :

imattv4

Mate just because you had your phone on your bedsheets doesn't mean anything.

Dirt tracked from your socks to the bed that travel upward are entirely possible. Things like fine rocks are LITTERED around your home, no matter how clean you are.

Just bad luck. This may not have happened with your other phones purely from luck.

I've owned literally a hundred phones, some scratch, others don't. I was pretty mad when my $1700 Note 9 scratched too, but i got over it because i knew it was basically my fault. Like you, i cant stand screen proteftors and cases, and thats a risk for beauty i take every day..

Glass is glass, its just luck of avoiding these fine minerals that can easily find their way into your pockets or any other area you put your phone.

That beach you visited 5 years ago could be the culprit lol.

My point is, this is your fault one way or another, and OnePlus doesn't owe you anything. They literally gave you a solution and you denied it for your own personal reasons. Not their fault.

Sorry kiddo​

I didn't make this post trying to bash oneplus.
    Just wanted to make others aware so they wouldn't repeat the mistake.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018

2. JM3C
    Eclair Nov 3, 2018

JM3C , Nov 3, 2018 :
    I did, so it's not much of a problem also they don't cover 'cosmetic damages'.

Will have to wait till I crack my screen

3. imattv4
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 3, 2018

imattv4 , Nov 3, 2018 :
    Your post comes off as bashing OP for their glass quality.

It has been proven that the glass they use, is exactly the same as every other smartphone released in literally the last 3 years (regardless of this "gorilla glass" B.S).

If you don't use protection, you have to assume the inevitable will happen, regardless how careful you are. Neglecting this fact will make you sour. Use protection. Lol

4. MrIanB
    Jelly Bean Nov 3, 2018

5. JM3C
    Eclair Nov 3, 2018

JM3C , Nov 3, 2018 :
    Just documented what I witnessed , The oneplus community is open to feedbacks and this is what I did.
    I didn't mean to bash oneplus this was just a heads up.

6. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 3, 2018

meatandy , Nov 3, 2018 :
    What did you scratch it with ?

7. eye842
    Lollipop Nov 3, 2018

eye842 , Nov 3, 2018 :
    Sorry for you buddy, sounds like a rare piece of unfortunate luck.
    It really shows that screen protectors are still vital to have.