Display

OnePlus 6t Display frozen

1. annebicart Cupcake Nov 9, 2018

annebicart, Nov 9, 2018 :
    Hello everyone,

I just received my 6t yesterday, but today the screen is frozen, it displays one of my opened app. The 6t continues to respond, it vibrates when I long-press the power button, the lightning changes when I take my phone in my hand, but the image on the screen is still the frozen image of my app.

I'm blocked... Any help ?

Thank you !

2. Mahesh Mohanam Cupcake Nov 9, 2018

Mahesh Mohanam, Nov 9, 2018 :
    Hi,
    i got the same issue today. unfortunately when i ask for support via chat, there is no suggestions or any idea to fix the same. i tried force restart, which normally happens via power button (10-15 sec), and it did not work. i was stuck in this situtation for almost 90 minutes.
    Later i could get the phone switch off by pressing all three buttons (vol and power).
    i am travelling abroad and could not leave the phone to service at this situation, and which i got two days back.

@OnePlus team need to address this issue quickly..
    basically the screen got stuck at one display, and everything in the background worked, as phone was ringing, bluetooth was working, pressing the power button by mistake went on emergency call to the police (i did not know this feature).
    Also to note this situation occured when i was transferring some pictures to phone internal memory from my PC via data cable.

3. annebicart Cupcake Nov 9, 2018

annebicart, Nov 9, 2018 :
    You just saved my day, thank you !!!

Pushing the three buttons turned off the phone. The support didn't even tell me to try this..

My phone is now working properly, until next time

4. jevo Cupcake Nov 13, 2018

jevo, Nov 13, 2018 :
    Turning it off and on again also works for my 6T

5. BforBenita Cupcake Nov 15, 2018

BforBenita, Nov 15, 2018 :
    I had the same problem just now! I was on an app and then it just froze... and I was getting messages but since it was full screen, I couldn't get out. I saw another post, the hard reset seems to be Volume up and power. Held for around 10+ seconds... How scary considering I just got this last week...

6. YnesTheWest Cupcake Nov 15, 2018

YnesTheWest, Nov 15, 2018 :
    I just had the same problem. The screen just froze when starting a video on youtube. Then I could only switch on and off but the screen stayed frozen, I tried rebooting the device, didn't work. Then out of nowhere, it called emergency services?!? how? it disconnected on its own, luckily... then the flashlight started signing s.o.s. in morse code.... weird

7. Rustagi.neha Cupcake Nov 15, 2018

Rustagi.neha, Nov 15, 2018 :
    i also had the same issue but just normal restart worked for me but its for sure scary for a newly bought phone to react this way... this needs to be fixed...

Anurag_Nahar and YnesTheWest like this.
  8. Yannick.S Cupcake Nov 15, 2018

Yannick.S, Nov 15, 2018 :
    Happens occasionally to me as well, however my OP 6t snaps out of it after some time. Shows to me it may be related to the RAM of the device. Could be caused by the new Smart Boost feature? Just a thought as this feature allows RAM to be used as ROM. But still, 8 Gigs is a lot to fill.

9. Mahesh Mohanam Cupcake Nov 15, 2018

Mahesh Mohanam, Nov 15, 2018 :
    I haven't faced it again. May be whoever face it should make a note when it occurs, so that OEM gets a fix for it quickly. I believe it must be a software bug. if it was ram issue the phone should stop responding all together.
    will the Dev team know when issues are discussed here ?

10. I1542771090354 Cupcake Nov 21, 2018

I1542771090354, Nov 21, 2018 :
    Your response of switch off by pressing all three buttons (vol and power) worked for me. I stuck for last 10 hrs the same problem of screen stuck but phone is working in back ground. Thank you for the suggestion. Even team chat also not able to give this solution

Mahesh Mohanam likes this.
  11. Jason O'Hara Cupcake Nov 23, 2018

Jason O'Hara, Nov 23, 2018 :
    Having the exact same issue! Was terrified my phone was broken. When I touched the screen it would light up but nothing else would happen. Even holding the power button for over a minute didn't work. The only fix was holding all three buttons as mentioned above (Thank you Mahesh for the tip!).

I hope they fix this ASAP as this is a brand new phone and I didn't really expect to have issues so early!

Mahesh Mohanam likes this.
  12. Pgchips Cupcake Nov 24, 2018

Pgchips, Nov 24, 2018 :
    My 6t freezes after opening apps I can however restart it with the power button but it is happening everyday some times more than once, ive probably restarted my phone about twenty times since delivery two weeks ago, I have done all the usual things to see if I can fix it but nothing works I think oneplus need to send out a patch/update, it's a shame as I'm really enjoying the phone hope they sort it soon.

13. G1543789996101 Cupcake Jan 11, 2019

G1543789996101, Jan 11, 2019 :
    Hi my phone is stuck on emergency services can’t seem to get any help from one plus support any advice

14. Jokei5 Cupcake Jan 13, 2019

Jokei5, Jan 13, 2019 :
    You saved my day, thank you so much!

Pressing the volume buttons + switch of solved my problem.
    I was using some app when the phone frozen, all the background apps continued working, but the touch screen completely stopped working. With a simple rebbot my phone came to life :D

15. slipkorn Cupcake Jan 19, 2019

slipkorn, Jan 19, 2019 :
    First time having the same problem (this is my fourth day using the 6T), just opened my contact and was about to start a search and the keyboard was half way visible, and my phone just frozen, the screen was ON, not a single button was working nigher was the touch screen of course, I was about to leave it until the battery drains out but Thanks to @Mahesh 's solution i was able to restart my 6T.

16. DionisisKos Honeycomb Jan 19, 2019

DionisisKos, Jan 19, 2019 :
    i faced the problem yesterday for first time,after having 6T for about 2 months. It restarted after pressing the power button for about 1 min. I hope, it won't happen again cause it's a bit scary :)

17. justinm_ Cupcake Mar 4, 2019

justinm_, Mar 4, 2019 :
    I have a similar problem, i was just on pokemon go and this happened! I can't turn the phone off by holding the power button either! I've held it for 3 mins and it doesn't go off! I tried taking a screenshot and the capture sound played so i know the phone is responding but its just stuck like this?

Attached Files:

18. N1529643299197 Donut Mar 4, 2019

N1529643299197, Mar 4, 2019 :
    with every update the quality of one plus mobile is getting low
    we just buy this one plus 6 nd 6t for it camera quality and for it speed but after update the speed is getting low and the quality of camera is getting poor
    so they have to prove this

19. justinm_ Cupcake Mar 4, 2019

justinm_, Mar 4, 2019 :
    I think the best thing we can do is upvote these screen problem threads and hope someone from oneplus actually cares about customer service because at the moment i'm not feeling very hopeful!

20. Smokey58 Cupcake Mar 6, 2019

Smokey58, Mar 6, 2019 :
    This happened to me this am also. Thank you for your post or I would still be without communication at this time.