OnePlus 6T doesn't support VOLTE on Vi or Vodafone in India via OnePlus 6T

1. Krishna_Kris
    Froyo Oct 28, 2020

Krishna_Kris , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 28, 2020 :
    Hi team,

Seems like OnePlus 6T doesn't support VOLTE services in Vodafone or idea. It's been almost 2 years that Vodafone has launched VOLTE services in India but so far OnePlus hasn't focused on this issue and get it rectified. Could you please look into this issue and resolve it as soon as possible with the next OTA update. As it's been supported on other devices by Vodafone but OnePlus has failed to support this service.

Thanks.

2. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Oct 29, 2020

the_o2 and ironass like this.
  3. Krishna_Kris
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

4. Krishna_Kris
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

5. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Oct 29, 2020

6. Krishna_Kris
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

Krishna_Kris , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Thanks for the info.

I approached them about the issue via chat, they've asked me to clear the cache and check. I'm just wondering how could clearing of the cache enable the VOLTE in the phone? This is ridiculous. It's nothing to do with the wiping of the cache.

Later on, he suggested me if that didn't work I have to perform factory data reset. I'm damn sure this has to be enabled by software support not by doing factory reset.

OnePlus are you listening to customer complaints ?!

7. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Oct 29, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Only users on here, no one from OnePlus monitors these threads.

Am sure others have it working on the Vi plans with OP6 series and other Series phones.

Check on the Vi forum website if available and discuss with Vi users with similar phones.

Also do a search for Vodafone India and Vodafone VoLTE as well. There may be solutions by other users.

1603968668873.jpg

8. NaiyerAsif
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

Auristic likes this.
  9. manasarora98
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 29, 2020

manasarora98 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Did you even turn the VoLTE switch on in the Sim Settings?
    If yes, have you also have VOLTE turned on to show in status bar from Settings->Display->Status bar

Auristic likes this.
  10. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Oct 29, 2020

11. Krishna_Kris
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

Yes i did, it just shows 4G. Tried restarting the device as well. But no use.

12. Krishna_Kris
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

Yes buddy, I'm aware of all these things. It's not showing up VOLTE nowhere. Even though it has been enabled in the sim and network option it doesn't even show up.

13. Krishna_Kris
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

Thanks for the update. Here in forum many of them are complaining about the same issue for 6 series, Nord series too. When i check in twitter for many of them it's been enabled.

But when i check through Vodafone site for compatibility it shows 6T does support. But in real word it's something else.

14. manasarora98
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 29, 2020

manasarora98 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 29, 2020 :
    The same SIM shows VOLTE on other devices?
    If yes, then OnePlus should be help responsible
    If no, Try getting SIM changed or talk to VI customer care
    They even have I guess changed Vodafone IN sign in Notification bar to VI or Vodafone Idea with new SIMs.

15. Krishna_Kris
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

Yes that's the sad part here. It shows VOLTE on redmi handsets. And it works flawlessly. But when i insert the same sim i cannot use VOLTE service. It just shows 4G.

16. Deepakdkp
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2020

Deepakdkp , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Vodafone service doesn't have VOLTE!

I had used Vodafone for 3 months. Did entire research. VOLTE was launched for some time and stopped. They have not even updated their website with this info to mislead customers.

Phone doesn't has issue. VOLTE services should be provided from Vodafone. You should speak to some customer service manager rather than some puny agent. Telling from personal experience & hardships of 3-4 months.

17. Krishna_Kris
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

Oh is it..but I see many people are tweeting that they're using Vodafone super VOLTE. If I see through official website Vodafone has launched VOLTE services across all cities.

I'm not sure why they stopped VOLTE services. You're saying this but here people are using it. I've seen people using it in their redmi phones and it shows VOLTE.

I spoke to Vodafone office manager, he showed me the Vodafone website and list of compatible devices. In which 6T was listed.
    So I took the Vodafone sim but to my surprise, I always see 4G only.