OnePlus 6T Fingerprint Issue

1. Mayankbamboria
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2019

Mayankbamboria , Dec 11, 2019 :
    I am facing Fingerprint scanning issues ever since I updated to Android 10 on my OnePlus 6T. It shows finger moved too fast, even if my finger is there of ages. Anyone else facing this issue? Anyone have any solutions/suggestions?

TanmayL, FilipekHoF and Luc_B like this.
  2. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Dec 11, 2019

Horsault , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Maybe your screen is a big greasy, or your fingers wet.
    It may also be a good idea to change light pattern in settings, as some work better than others according to context.

3. ius
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2019

ius , Dec 12, 2019 :
    I'm having this issue as well. I had the phone since launch and never had an issue with this until after the android 10 update. It's not even attempting to scan when this problem happens, it displays the message the instant I touch the scanner. It happens in every app, including when re-registering fingerprints. It continues until I reboot the phone, then the scanner will work again, but only for a while.

I've cleaned the screen, cleaned my hands, tried different fingers, different light pattern for the scanner, deleted and re-registered my fingerprints, turned off any device admin apps other than android's built in "Find My Device" and "Google Pay", and installed the most recent update. I have no screen protector or case on the phone. If I restart the phone, it immediately starts working again with no other changes. This is definitely a software or hardware issue and not a usage or environmental issue.

FilipekHoF likes this.
  4. S1577472301161
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2019

S1577472301161 , Dec 27, 2019 :
    Funny that the last update release notes said that figerprint scanning problems we're one of the issues they were addressing. It only made it worse. +1 with the same problem.

5. Qbiak
    Froyo Dec 28, 2019

Qbiak , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 28, 2019 :
    same issue here... it does not recognize my fingerprint or says I picked up my finger too fast while it's still there touching the screen... something is still very wrong... ☹️

6. ZeddEssXR
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2020

ZeddEssXR , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 4, 2020 :
    I have started facing the same issue this afternoon and it is so annoying. I have also tried every possible solution but in vain. I hope its fixed in next update.

7. avinther
    Donut Jan 4, 2020

avinther , Jan 4, 2020 :
    Is anything being done about this?

Has it been recognised as an error?

8. lorac246
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2020

lorac246 , Jan 4, 2020 :
    Same problem here, only since the Android 10 update. will there be an update to fix this soon?
    Thanks.

9. M1568993305035
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2020

M1568993305035 , Jan 6, 2020 :
    I'm having the same issue. It instantly says I moved my finger too fast and won't unlock. However, it seems to be restricted to the ambient display - if I press the power button first to turn on the screen then the fingerprint is recognized instantly (or at least as fast as before the update), so it's definitely an issue with the update and not a problem with the sensor, screen or fingers.

10. TanmayL
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2020

TanmayL , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 8, 2020 :
    I am facing same problem after the recent update. Sometimes the fingerprint sensor doesn't recognize my finger and it says that my finger moved too fast. This issue remains until I restart my phone.