OnePlus 6T is nothing but a bad experiment.

1. Rodyard
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

Rodyard , Oct 30, 2018 :
    OnePlus, what are you doing? Here are the mistakes you've made:

1. In-display fpr - so disappointing. You have implemented something that is a lot slower and less reliable than the OP6 fpr. Why? Cause you want to be "in the trend"? We don't need those excessive traits. We want your original fpr concept.

2. Headphone jack - So you are giving free adapter for the usb-c to 3.5mm jack? How are we supposed to charge and listen at the same time? Again, are you just trying to be "in the trend"? You made it less flagship experience.

3. Camera - so what's your plan with your secondary camera? Even my 3T can do bokeh effect with enough tweaking to the focus using manual mode.

4. Yet bigger display - Don't tell me OP7 will have 6.5" display soon. Bigger displays doesn't always mean being better. Please wake up.

5. Bigger battery - don't worry i didn't forget. But who cares? The bad things are overflowing that the only good thing you've done is nothing but a cheap consolation.

6. Too soon - please stop feeling pressured to launch a new phone if there are too small improvements. You're just wasting your resources.

I am not asking for a QHD display, a great IP rating, too much camera quality and wireless charging. Cause all of that will surely make OP phones cost like Samsung, Huawei and iPhone.

My 3T's camera are awesome and a lot of my friends would say those look like shot from high quality cameras. No. I taught myself to tweak the settings to make the best out of it.

My 3T's display is crisp and nobody even cares for QHD when all it does is drain the battery really fast.

My 3T's speaker is not that good. Yet, until now, your Company did not even came to think to improve it.

My 3T's battery is unbelievably tough but 3700 mAh is very much welcome.

Traditional front/rear fingerprint sensor is the best. Who needs in-display anyway? Just so you will smudge your screen more? Ewww.

Every launch, your phones becomes lesser and lesser value for money. Why is that? I understand that you want to increase your margin but stop throwing stuffs we don't even need and charge your LOYAL customers for it.

What a shame.

2. tiemishuu101
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

tiemishuu101 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    your opinion I guess aha no one is making you upgrade. in my opinion, the new phone is worth it and I have owned every OnePlus phone they have made. love them or hate them, choice is yours.

Drakee and shreyas_pawar like this.
  3. pasharu
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

pasharu , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Youre just hating.

Its a beautiful phone with top end specs.

Your points are valid, but those improvements would come at even higher cost. They have a small team working on things vs apple, sam and other brands. For such a small team theyre in top 5 phones every year, id argue top 3.

4. pasharu
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

5. sergioreja
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2018

6. abhishekkrana
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

abhishekkrana , Oct 30, 2018 :
    I don't think so , for a phone to be the best it needs several iterations.
    Design thinking changes with time, when your friends will have a cool in screen finger print scanner wouldn't you feel like getting one yourself too?
    Even the fps you are using currently is result of design changes over time. you may not like it now but later you won't be able to live without it.

Just enjoy what's coming your way, no one is forcing you to buy latest models.

7. Anuj03
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

Anuj03 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    that why I bought OnePlus 6 a week ago , new nothing much going to change and can't compromise the headphone jack , love my 6. For me it's a better value than 6t.

Vector likes this.
  8. yfan
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2018

yfan , Oct 30, 2018 :
    I am going to keep my 5T, but the 6T can be great value for people looking for the latest jingles or upgrading from an older phone. The 6T has high-end specs, barely a notch, a bigger battery, and in a pretty bid deal for the US market availability at T-Mobile stores and compatibility with Verizon. Definitely nothing to sneeze at.

At the end of the day though, value is a personal proposition. I don't feel like phones in general have gotten better enough in 2018 than they were in 2017. One of the reasons I bought a Oneplus device is it would be future proof to a good extent with a snapdragon 835 and 6 GB of RAM. So, I'm making it last and keeping my device.

9. venustas
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

venustas , Oct 30, 2018 :
    I like the novelty of the in-screen fingerprint display but I must admit, ultrasound would have been better and because there's way to feel where the sensor is, it may be easy to incorrectly place the finger on the small sensor. A bigger sensor is needed.

Headphone jack is essential. I use earbuds when I make calls. I'd never put a phone up to my ear.

A bigger display... I'd like to see 7 inches, with no notch, and LCD not OLED. That's the size that's best for reading a webpage or ebook.

Camera... we need bigger photo sensors if we ever hope to see improved photos. Just because famous reviewers dislike a rear bump doesn't mean it is bad. If Panasonic can put a 1-inch sensor in a phone so can 1+.

10. Deactivated User
    Oct 30, 2018

11. aphrahman
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

aphrahman , Oct 30, 2018 :
    I also can understand your concern. There will be few pros and cons on every gadgets while moving ahead, matching the trend and technology at that point of time. Few may like and few may not for the latest one.

You can try (demo) with similar features smartphone from other brand where you will accept OP6T is better when compare them handy. Specially, In-Display fingerprint unlock duration, camera result (including low-light or night mode), speed, software updates and customer care etc.

12. venustas
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

venustas , Oct 30, 2018 :
    The game plan should be:
    0. Improve the good things.
    1. Fix the bad things.
    2. Try the cool new things.
    All in the context of thinking for yourselves.

Rule 0: More storage is good.
    Rule 1: microSD card slot still missing. A shame.
    Rule 1: Selfie camera and notch are still there. Narcissism is still a bad thing.
    Rule 1: Headphone jack still missing, lost in the South China Sea?
    Rule 1: Asymmetry of top notch area and bottom bezel still there.
    Rule 2: Under-screen fingerprint reader-- good idea, I think, to try it.

Personally I'd be OK with having no notch even the tradeoff were less storage and even no headphone jack.