OnePlus 6T onscreen fingerprint unlock is worst fingerprint

1. riyazmd Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

riyazmd, Jan 12, 2019 :
    I have used fingerprint unlock in many phones, oneplus's 6T implementation is the worst I remember, most of the times it does not recognise and when it recognises it takes its own sweet time, OnePlus took us years back by using this half baked tech.

Its so bad that I have disabled fingerprint unlock altogether, hope OnePlus does not repeat these and I will never buy any new OnePlus phones ever.

2. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jan 12, 2019

3. Nak.Jin Donut Jan 12, 2019

Nak.Jin, Jan 12, 2019 :
    I gave had a great experience with the fingerprint reader. I've used plenty of them before and have had just a good of an experience with the optical sensor on the 6T. It might take a half a second longer, every now and again. But 99% of the time, it works flawlessly for me.

A tip you may want to try would be to save multiple fingerprints for the finger(s) you primarily use. That way there are 2 versions the phone is using to check against.

Additionally, the facial unlock is amazing. Extremely responsive and even faster than the fingerprint reader. In many cases, my phone is unlocked before I even get my face lined up. OnePlus knocked that one outta the park.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019

4. lukasznet2 Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

lukasznet2, Jan 12, 2019 :
    I haven't observed any problems with the fingerprint sensor in my OP6T - It's as fast as in my old OP5.

Kruemelfelix likes this.
  5. lukasznet2 Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

lukasznet2, Jan 12, 2019 :
    Maybe it took a while to learn my fingerprint because the sensor uses machine learning to work even faster. But I have completely no issues with it. Maybe you should delete your fingerprint and set it again?

Nak.Jin likes this.