OnePlus 6T Overheating Issues...

1. G_tony_bell_fQrX
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2019

G_tony_bell_fQrX , Mar 11, 2019 :
    Sooo, I have had a OnePlus 6T since last November. it's a nice phone but whatever... Around Mid-December the phone began having freezing issues. My only recourse was to hard reboot the device . Usually started happening after 10 to 15 minutes of continuous use, surfing the Internet - I don't play games. Of course I took it personally and blamed the folks at OnePlus... Long story short, "it wasn't the phone." Well it was and wasn't.
    I purchased a different case and the issues went away. To test this nonsense, I went back to the old case and the freezing returned. Hope this helps other folks who may be experiencing the same problem. PS - I checked the heat of the phone - numerous times and it reached 97 degrees while in the case which was provided by OnePlus.

A1558604088746 likes this.
  2. ngydat
    KitKat Mar 11, 2019

ngydat , Mar 11, 2019 :
    What kind of case was it ?
    How did you check the temperature ? With an app ?

3. G_tony_bell_fQrX
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2019

G_tony_bell_fQrX , Mar 11, 2019 :
    The replacement case is a Gogodog OnePlus 6T "Rosewood Grain" case. Yes, I checked the temperature using an app but it - the phone would get hot to the point where it was stinging my fingers or hands. BTW, I'm going to type a bit of TMI and say that I put out - sometimes not a lot, cigarettes with my fingers and yeah, the phone wasn't quite as hot. "Don't judge me :)"

4. ngydat
    KitKat Mar 11, 2019

ngydat , Mar 11, 2019 :
    Well, if your phone was hotter than a lit cigarette, I'd be worried

SeeBeeEss likes this.