OnePlus 6T Sim failure after 10.3 10 update via OnePlus 9

1. kitcostantino
    Donut Jun 9, 2021 at 12:05 AM

kitcostantino , via OnePlus 9 , Jun 9, 2021 at 12:05 AM :
    Hello OnePlus community. I have a strange issue. My unlocked OP6t 255/8 quit recognizing my sim after I took the 10.3.10 update. I am no amateur to Android nor OnePlus, so I have done several things to troubleshoot.
    I have
    -: Reset Network Settings
    -Replaced Sim card with a new one
    -Cleared Sim Toolkits data and cache
    -reflashed stock 9.0.4 via MSM Tool
    -replaced sim tray
    -looked inside sim slot to be sure gold contacts are not skewed/broken.
    When I insert the Sim, the phone cannot register on TMobile. If I try to manually select the network, it times out without connection.
    I do have my EFS backed up from when I got the phone.
    Currently, my IMEI numbers and serial are present, so I doubt that part is awry.
    I also have relocked and unlocked my bootloader.
    I have replaced my back glass. I did notice some wear on one of the coaxial antenna leads, so I replaced that as well.
    Still, with my Tmob sim in, I have zero issues using wifi calling, but the phone will not connect to cellular network.
    Is there anything else I can try I am overlooking? A connection on the board that may have popped loose, etc?
    Thank you all in advance. -kitcostantino

2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 9, 2021 at 11:11 AM

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 9, 2021 at 11:11 AM :
    You mentioned you replaced the back glass, have come across this issue a couple of times. Sometimes pressing the area where the Sim tray is with your fingers front to back can help the signal reapear. It may be the back glass has loosened fractionally so the Sim tray is not sitting tight and the connection is not being made.
    Try and see if it helps your situation. If so, you may need to reseat the back panel. Beyond that, you may need to go to a Oneplus approved service centre and get them to check it out.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021 at 6:58 PM

kitcostantino likes this.
  3. kitcostantino
    Donut Jun 11, 2021 at 12:56 AM

kitcostantino , via OnePlus 9 , Jun 11, 2021 at 12:56 AM :
    You helped me get my head in the right direction, friend. It was the other coaxial connector that was my problem
    1623369106316.jpg

1623369106379.jpg
    I pulled the board and reseated everything. The whole Service Center thing doesn't exist here in the US. Back when I was an EMT working on an ambulance, I was broke and had a lot of time on my hands. I began customizing and working on phones.. so pulling apart a OP isn't too difficult. All of that being said, I realized something was making the antenna not read. It was not software, come to find out. Just the other coaxial I didn't replace was offf it's post. It felt like it snapped on (like a little Lego) but it hasn't. It took a good half hour to carefully put everything back together and get that connector properly connected, and Voila! My OnePlus 6t lives again. Thank you for helping me!!

4. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 11, 2021 at 5:49 AM

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 11, 2021 at 5:49 AM :
    You're welcome, glad you got it fixed 👍