OnePlus 6T (T-Mobile) SMS Text / RCS Messaging Challenge after 9.0.4 OTA Update

1. Tom B. Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Mar 23, 2019

Tom B., Mar 23, 2019 :
    Dear OnePlus 6T T-Mobile customers,

We received feedback regarding text messaging / RCS messaging experiences after the recent OTA update (OxygenOS 9.0.4, Build number ONEPLUS A6013_34_190217).

If you encountered any difficulties in messaging, we will need your support to share more details which will help us improve the messaging experience.

Once you provided the detail information for this challenge and allow us to follow up with you to resolve the difficulties.

Please submit your feedback/logs here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/
    1. Select Submit Bug.
    2. Choose "messages" under the OnePlus Apps category.
    3. Fill in the Bug details and attach logs.
    4. Select Submit Bug.
    Note: We'll stop collecting the feedback on April 7, 2019, 6 AM ET.

As always, thank you for your continued support!

1) Personal data type: OEM log
    2) Processing purpose: Message blank issue diagnosis
    3) Legal Basis: Your consent.
    You have the right to withdraw your consent any time; If you do not agree that OnePlus processes your personal data for this purpose, you may decline to provide the relevant personal data.
    OnePlus is the data controller, and the personal data collected this time will be stored in OnePlus internal servers, we will delete it immediately after completing the technical analysis.
    You have the right to access, rectify, delete, and complain about your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection law. You can contact us at privacy@oneplus.com to exercise your rights.

2. Tom B. Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Mar 23, 2019

Stickied Post
    Tom B., Mar 23, 2019 :
    Troubleshooting:
    1. Make sure the software version is number: ONEPLUS A6013_34_190217.
    2. Check if TMO “Digits” service is enabled. (Survey purpose, no correlation found as now). What is DIGITS? With DIGITS, your phone number works on any compatible internet-connected smartwatch, tablet, or computer.
    3. Check if the contact number has any space between the area code and the numbers.
    4. Please remove space and try it again. Turn Off “Chat” on Message App to troubleshoot the issue. This is to turn off RCS, back to the previous text.

How to capture log:
    1. Input *#800# from dialing interface, enter "oneplus logkit", delete history log.
    2. Move log path to "built-in SD card" and then Click "save log", reboot device.
    3. Click "get QXDM Log", choose "modem-common", and then click "open device log".
    4. Reproduce the issue that text message till error happens and take a screenshot to record the time, then stay for a few minutes. (better above five minutes)
    5. Enter "get QXDM log" and choose "close device log", and then click "save log" again to stop it.
    6. Enter File manager >Internal storage > oem_log >diag_logs to check if the subfolder date was the latest.
    7. Finally, send us the whole oem_log folder (file manager-storage) along with the screenshots.
    8. Enter into the logkit where you enable QXDM log, click the "close device log", and then "delete history log".

3. YRJ Lollipop Mar 23, 2019

YRJ, Mar 23, 2019 :
    Thanks will redirect anyone facing this issue here.
    Hope you fix this soon :)
    Goodluck!

Tom B. likes this.
  4. sir1jaguar Gingerbread Mar 26, 2019

sir1jaguar, Mar 26, 2019 :
    @Tom B.,

For the record,

MOST (if not all) OnePlus 6T owners wants to have ONE native messaging app (even it's T-Mobile version or Unlock/Global version), and that's the Google Messages.

Google/Android Messages will become CHAT soon, with RCS that's COMPATIBLE to more carriers & manufacturers around the world.

Means, OnePlus must FOCUS 100% to have ONLY ONE native messaging app in all the phones y'all selling, and it's better to use the Google/Android Messages that sooner will become CHAT!

We are tired of too much DUPLICATIONS of Native apps (that's half *** and only exclusive to one carrier) that you don't see from ALL iPhones & Pixel phones,.

YES, you can download/install 3rd party chat apps (in an iPhone/Pixel), but they are NOT native app that comes with the phone and that you CANNOT uninstall.

Again, STOP with too much redundancy of apps, just use what will be the best that MORE manufacturers & carriers will support in the coming YEARS!

Thank you in advance, if y'all will LISTEN to those people who still believe in your company.

Have a great day to y'all...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019

mateok, TheAyushJain, jrno1 and 9 others like this.
  5. moaadkg93 Eclair Mar 26, 2019

moaadkg93, Mar 26, 2019 :

sir1jaguar

@Tom B.,

For the record,

MOST (if not all) OnePlus 6T owners wants to have ONE native messaging app (even it's T-Mobile version or Unlock/Global version), and that's the Google Messages.

Google/Android Messages will become CHAT soon, with RCS that's COMPATIBLE to more carriers & manufacturers around the world.

Means, OnePlus must FOCUS 100% to have ONLY ONE native messaging app in all the phones y'all selling, and it's better to use the Google/Android Messages that sooner will become CHAT!

We are tired of too much DUPLICATIONS of Native apps (that's half *** and only exclusive to one carrier) that you don't see from ALL iPhones & Pixel phones,.

YES, you can download/install 3rd party chat apps (in an iPhone/Pixel), but they are NOT native app that comes with the phone and that you CANNOT uninstall.

Again, STOP with too much redundancy of apps, just use what will be the best that MORE manufacturers & carriers will support in the coming YEARS!

Thank you in advance, if y'all will LISTEN to those people who still believe in your company.

Have a great day to y'all...​

totally agree.

Android users have been dying to have an experience like imessage on Iphone. and it's very important to focus on one native messaging app which is Android Message that has been adopted by couple cellphone brands as primary texting app.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019

6. DenyDarko Honeycomb Mar 26, 2019

DenyDarko, Mar 26, 2019 :
    I have to just note down it's not only for T-mobile and not only for 6T.

On my carrier (Cosmote GR) , RCS works flawlessly for Samsung, Huawei and other devices.

When it comes to my OP6 and OB15 (Or stable) , RSC registration just stucks on the step attached. 1553599845440.jpg

Oh well.. I guess T-mobile PR has priority for fixing this.

X1544718347614 likes this.
  7. T1543205492693 Cupcake Mar 27, 2019

8. Link_of_Hyrule Froyo Mar 27, 2019

Link_of_Hyrule, Mar 27, 2019 :
    I totally agree just ditch the proprietary OnePlus texting app and have Messages as the stock app. There's no point in wasting development on a proprietary texting app.

jrno1, sir1jaguar and Dhruv Weaver like this.
  9. G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad, Mar 27, 2019 :
    It's also extremely frustrating that we can't use Google Messages with RCS. Why? is this a bug or intentional feature to only use with stock messaging app?

sir1jaguar likes this.
  10. Y1549259919926 Cupcake Mar 28, 2019

Y1549259919926, Mar 28, 2019 :
    hlo guys, need some help. does any one using 6T McLaren plays game and device gets heated up. mine is getting heated up .

sir1jaguar likes this.
  11. Y1549259919926 Cupcake Mar 28, 2019

12. Darsh Talati Cupcake Mar 28, 2019

13. G_Karothikeyan Honeycomb Mar 28, 2019

G_Karothikeyan, Mar 28, 2019 :
    Thanks for the update @Tom B.

14. MikeCheq Donut Mar 28, 2019

MikeCheq, Mar 28, 2019 :
    What problems might one encounter? I'm on the latest 9.0.4 version on my T-Mo OP6T.

I do notice that sometimes my text messages take awhile to show up on family members iPhones. Does the count?

15. ckeathley Froyo Mar 28, 2019

16. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Mar 28, 2019

KeepTransisting, Mar 28, 2019 :
    That has nothing at all to do with this thread.

ckeathley likes this.
  17. ckeathley Froyo Mar 28, 2019

jrno1 likes this.
  18. sir1jaguar Gingerbread Mar 28, 2019

sir1jaguar, Mar 28, 2019 :
    Did you READ the whole information, from the site?

Or you just look at the screenshot?

Get back to me/us, AFTER you understand every word to what it said on the link I shared.

OK?!?

Thanks

19. R1553811957111 Cupcake Mar 28, 2019

R1553811957111, Mar 28, 2019 :
    liked the size and screen quality, chose this phone over my old S8 and new S10 because of camera, Samsung's camera doesn't look right has a strange tint so this is better.

wanted the other model that was less slippy but got this because was cheap on eBay.

here is what really needs to be fixed.

sound controls are not customizable enough to mute everything but calls and media, I still get sounds on messenger and eBay app, and sphock app.

this could be fixed with an update.

Alarm clock could be more customizable so it turn off quicker ect..

the picture editor I used to use on the S8 I don't use now on the one plus as I used this to make notes and reminders and save them on my wallpaper. I think having only the ,"never settle " logo is a bit cheap too, more logos or skip that feature. I use a app called Phonto now to do this task copy their features if you like so one plus has a good photo editor or wallpaper editor.

the phone is not as clear to hear as Samsung but prefer this phone as it is nice to use, easy on the eyes, and I love the screen size and weight, it doesn't slip out of my pocket like the narrow S8, maybe the 6T would but I'd buy the none slip model.

batteries on this are good, not as good as S8 , but for the model and price good.

overall software improvement s could be made for better customi station. good phone

20. sir1jaguar Gingerbread Mar 28, 2019

sir1jaguar, Mar 28, 2019 :
    FYI,

I have both of those devices (OnePlus 6T & Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus), and I will tell you that even DXO Mark said that S10 is top of the line smartphone when it comes with photography (same with Huawei P30 Pro).

OnePlus 6T is not even included in the top 10, in the latest testing.

And I agree with that, as every forums about OnePlus, the NO. 1 problem is Camera (blurry & washed out, especially when you zoom in the object).

Also the latest ONE UI by Samsung is leap and bound better than the UI now by OxygenOS.

I will give the fluidity to 6T, as it doesn't have so many features & services that it's pushing like in a Galaxy Phones, that they even jokingly said: "they adding almost anything, minus the kitchen sink".

I will tell you that they are NOT comparable at all, as S10 is much better in hardware and software now.

That's why I'm selling my 6T, and will wait for the Note 10, and will give the S10 Plus to my wife.

I thought when I bought my 6T last November, it will be game changer BUT it wasn't, as I was captivated by the in display fingerprint sensor BUT it's beaten by ultrasonic by a mile and it's more secure as it needs a blood circulation, not just the print of your fingers.

I want to tell you more of what I found, and it's a night & day difference...

Have a great day to you