OnePlus 6T - User Manual, Questions & Answers

1. I1541354886866 Cupcake Dec 4, 2018

I1541354886866, Dec 4, 2018 :
    Hi i am. Not able to use my banking apps as before. One had fingerprint login which does not show the finger print sensor at all now and another app says connection not secure. Pls help

2. SidMAX86 Honeycomb Dec 4, 2018

SidMAX86, Dec 4, 2018 :
    In total, there are four elements that influence the extent of blur in a portrait: aperture, distance between your subject and the background, distance between you and the subject, focal length.

Two of the four factors are simply distance related - how far you are from the subject and how far the subject is from the background. To increase blur, move closer to the subject and move the subject further away from the background.

The other two elements are simple to resolve as well. To increase blur, use a larger aperture and avoid shooting portraits with a wide-angle lens in favor of a longer focal length

In conclusion you don't need the second camera at all for blur effect, however that is what it is designed for (as that is its only purpose), the quality and result are subjective that is it up to you whether you get a good shot and whether you like it or not...

3. Alexa75 Cupcake Dec 4, 2018

Alexa75, Dec 4, 2018 :
    Thank you for your time.
    I'm not a fan of blur effect "wherever it is possible" and like clean, unblurred, pictures much more than artificial blur applied.
    If I shoot person from distance, I do not expect any blur at all.
    Moreover, I hate those "bad Photoshop" effect like artificial blur, which is usually really obvious on edges of the hair.

I rather like idea: if it is not working properly, don't implement it into final design.

I do understand how optics work in cameras, and love optical blur, when properly applied. However this is my main concern taking picture macro mode.

4. SidMAX86 Honeycomb Dec 4, 2018

SidMAX86, Dec 4, 2018 :
    Post was in relation to second camera, and what it does... I agree with you second camera is useless as it is used only for portrait mode(which is pretty much useless)... Especially since google camera does portrait mode with a single camera with better results..

5. yishiang Donut Dec 4, 2018

yishiang, Dec 4, 2018 :
    is there a way to add a sound or vibration when we plug the phone for charging? since there is no notification LED, which i usually glanced at on my previous oneplus phones to check if indeed the phone is charging. thanks

6. G_aquaib_ashraf_ Cupcake Dec 4, 2018

7. V1543669742735 Cupcake Dec 4, 2018

V1543669742735, Dec 4, 2018 :
    Hey one plus i think you guys more concentrated on gaming and performance but forgot the main functional purpose (breath of the phone) i.e phone call
    problem# sometimes while using the phone if i get any incoming call the phone just start to ring but wont show who,s calling and there is no visual display to pick up the phone (also tried by keeping the phone over my ears hoping that it may answer it self still no use) i have to do some circus by pressing power button and volume button then it shows whos calling
    better you must fix this problem on priority thoe phone is superb in performance i am facing this problem it worries me if it continues further

8. The_Crow Honeycomb Dec 4, 2018

The_Crow, Dec 4, 2018 :
    Is the OnePlus Camera Service to the T-Mobile variant the same as the Global variant? Is there a big difference? If so, can it be updated? Is there a big difference with the Camera apks extracted from Hydrogen OS?

9. Arel21 Cupcake Dec 4, 2018

Arel21, Dec 4, 2018 :
    @dsmonteiro, I messed up really bad trying to put the tempered glass on.... got very bubbles and peel off the tempered glass to try to put it back well. But unfortunatelly some dust started to stick to the inside of the tempered glass!! I don't know what to do, i'm almost crying :'(
    Is there any way of 'cleaning' the inside of the tempered glass??
    PS: i can't start a thread, it gives me an error message

dsmonteiro likes this.
  10. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 4, 2018

dsmonteiro, Dec 4, 2018 :
    Dust is hard to remove, I'm afraid. I've had great experiences installing screen protectors and horrible ones. It's a gamble really.

Arel21 likes this.
  11. Jigargoswami Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

Jigargoswami, Dec 5, 2018 :
    I think u should remove that tempered glass n apply new one

12. Arel21 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

Arel21, Dec 5, 2018 :
    That's what i'm going to do and seek professional help to apply the new one

13. bluebleed1 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

14. bluebleed1 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

15. bluebleed1 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

bluebleed1, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Hello,
    I am using One Plus 6T and suddenly my Volume Up-Down key and Power key are not working...what do I do

16. T1541167121692 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

17. Arel21 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

Arel21, Dec 5, 2018 :

T1541167121692

How to create mobile hot spot in OnePlus 6T?
    In the settings such provision is not available.​

slide down for the WiFi, bluetooth, etc. menu and then swipe left. My oneplus 6t is in portuguese and has the game mode, read mode and WiFi hotspot icons. Click on the WiFi hotspot icon

18. Arel21 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

Arel21, Dec 5, 2018 :

bluebleed1

Hello,
    I am using One Plus 6T and suddenly my Volume Up-Down key and Power key are not working...what do I do​

Go to the oneplus website, click on the support option and go for the chat icon. Enter the chat and someone will try the best to help you

19. ahernandez411 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

ahernandez411, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Are there any plans to introduce swipe right to see Google Discovery?

I saw that the T-Mobile version has this, but the Global unlocked version, which I have, does not.

I like using this so I have been using Nova Launcher to get this functionality. It would be nice if we could have this built into the OnePlus Launcher since the T-Mobile version natively has this.

20. JayasundarRB Honeycomb Dec 6, 2018

JayasundarRB, Dec 6, 2018 :
    try reboot and check.