OnePlus 6T volume button issue via OnePlus 6T

1. King_myself
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2020

King_myself , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 9, 2020 :
    After software update 10.3.7 in OnePlus 6T volume button is working abnormally . When we press the volume button continuously volume will get reduced . That action is not working and when we press for every single time it works. This issue was not there before update and I assume this may not be hardware issue because buttons will either work or fail to work but this is working but not as before.

Throcken likes this.
  2. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Dec 9, 2020

camohan , Dec 9, 2020 :
    Hi there, do you mean step-by-step volume increase/ decrease is not working?

Caomhin likes this.
  3. King_myself
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2020

King_myself , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 9, 2020 :
    Step by step volume increase or decrease is working , but when we press continuously , volume will increase or decrease continuously is not working

4. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Dec 9, 2020

camohan , Dec 9, 2020 :
    Ok got it.
    Please lodge an official bug report so that bug hunters can have a look.
    Go to the community forum, profile page, feedback, click on +, select UI & Settings, buttons and fill in all the details.

Hope this guides

Caomhin likes this.
  5. Throcken
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2020

Throcken , Dec 27, 2020 :
    I'm having the same issue on the OnePlus 6. Clicking the volume buttons works but continuous pressing doesn't. Only noticed this happening with the 10.3.7 update.

A couple of things I figured out are that restarting does remove the issue, and for me connecting headphones to the audio jack brings it back, unplugging them and the issue stays until I restart the phone.

6. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 27, 2020 :
    Follow the suggestion @camohan gave in the post above yours.