OnePlus 6th Anniversary, 7 untold user stories

1. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Dec 16, 2019

Crystal Z. , Dec 16, 2019 :
    Hey friends,

It's the day to cheer! Join me in wishing happy 6th Anniversary to OnePlus.

Like all of you, we're excited that OnePlus has grown more healthy and strong, and this can not be separated from the community's support throughout this journey. So, today we're inviting 7 users to share their OnePlus stories - From 2013, before there was a single OnePlus phone in the market, to this year, more than 2 million users later:
    Starting from 2013, each year represents a different OnePlus story, with different user perspectives, and we look forward to reading how you experienced OnePlus and the Community since you joined.

3 Anniversary Goodies will be randomly given out in this thread, to those who participate. Share your story with us!

Have fun!

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Dec 16, 2019

Stickied Post
    Dresa91 , Dec 16, 2019 :
    User of the year 2016:
    Wow!:)
    I am so touched:)
    I registered in the forum on 14.10.2016 because I ordered the OnePlus 3 in soft gold.
    I had looked around for a very good smartphone and ended up with the price-performance killer.
    Little spoiler: I'm still using my OnePlus 3 for work at the moment :)
    I then started to visit the forum from time to time until I check in daily today. I got to know such great and nice people - I got to know places (RNC, WoHo, the German subforum), all the members are so close to my heart - thank you dear ones! You are like a second family for me:)

The reason why I chose OnePlus 3 is that the hype about OnePlus One arose during my bachelor studies. All my fellow students tried to get invites. But at that time I already had a relatively new smartphone. But I had OnePlus in the back of my mind from then on.
    Now it was time (2016) for my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact to say goodbye. I looked around and had OnePlus in my head.
    I was immediately taken with the design and the specs - and then the price! WOW! I didn't hesitate and ordered immediately.
    The combination of flagship hardware, the OS and the community is why I came to OnePlus and why I'm still active in the community today.

I hope that OnePlus will maintain this feeling, this way of dealing with the community for years. This is rare on the market and should be maintained.
    I even go that far and have a big wish:
    Distribute security updates EVERY month. Function updates can come every two months as usual because of me. But Treble, etc. this should be quick and easy to do - especially as a partner of Google.
    Please, think about it.
    Currently I use a Google Pixel 3 as a daily driver - exactly because of the monthly security updates. If they come monthly - OnePlus 8: you are mine.
    Oh, and one more thing: Please - the world doesn't need at least 4 new devices every year. Concentrate on just one device in two dimensions: a big device and a smaller device with the same specs. This is sustainable and serves most customer needs :)

Cheers,
    Dresa91

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019

3. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Stickied Post
    B.I.T.S. , Dec 16, 2019 :
    Today I woke up a bit later than usual, it was 8:26 am. I had the impulse to check my phone, which usually sleeps turned off in a drawer (you are never too careful with "new" phones, right?). After a quick natural orange juice and a piece of biscuit I walked out home with the phone in my pocket, still turned off. Under the cold cloudy grey low light, I turned it on, surrounded by noisy kids going to school.

Once the flood of different notifications was cleared, I opened the community. Some quotes, a tag, and two DMs. Such a great good morning. But that was nothing... Even tho there's always great happiness receiving all the previous notifications, the content of one of the DMs left me in shock. I was walking with my mouth wide open staring at the screen. Is this real? Am I still dreaming? I pinched my arm twice. It did hurt and I was still in the middle of the street with a silly face.

I had to read many times the content of the message. Is that my user name for real? Me? The user of 2019? And here I am, writing this inside a bright halo of happiness surrounding me, even when someone has already tried to destroy it...

First of all, I want to thank everyone that voted to have my name here, I don't know who you are, but you know it. Thank you very very very veeeeeeeeery much. I am not sure why among all awesome users that give life to this community I was chosen, but I feel truly honoured and I am incredibly grateful for it.

My history with OnePlus started back in May when the 7Pro was released. My hands were holding the oldie Huawei P9 and my eyes were on the Huawei P30 Pro. While watching all possible comparisons of the P30 Pro I stumbled on the unboxing of the 7Pro and I fell in love. It was love at first sight. I stopped thinking about Huawei and started digging into OnePlus. I watched videos, read articles, and finally ended reading threads in this community. Even before being 100% sure of buying the 7Pro I created my account.

And then, late August, I ordered it. The waiting was shorter than expected and the unboxing was as pleasant as an unboxing can be. That was the moment I jumped fully in here. There is already a story about it, with the wonderful people as protagonists, those who I've met in the still short time that I've been around... That's why here I'm gonna talk about something else.

Even tho just a few weeks ago I got the 6 months award, I feel like I've been here longer, this community is like home, a place to go back, a place to be, to hide in, to laugh, to enjoy, to learn, to connect... An oasis that is full of wonderful minds and souls. Although, as in every home, in every family, there are also dark places, bad moments, not so pleasant days, the bright side is always way more powerful.

My expectations for OnePlus and this community in the next few years are to keep evolving hand by hand with us users, keep getting better and improving, but most importantly without leaving behind the soul, what makes this a special place. I'm sure maintaining such an exponentially growing community is not easy but in another 6 years, we will look back and will see how far we've arrived.

I could keep writing... But for now, is time to end. Again, thank you to every single person that has been there by my side, to all readers, to all enthusiasts, to everyone.

I wish that these last days of the decade are wonderful for you and I hope that you have an awesomely beautiful year 2020.

A big warm special Lita-hug ლ(ꈍωꈍლ),

B.I.T.S. (aka Bolita in the shadows)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019

4. pillow35
    User of the Year 2015; Community Hero 2020 Dec 16, 2019

Stickied Post
    pillow35 , Dec 16, 2019 :
    i start dancing too

I entered the brotherhood, a little bit by chance, wanting to renew my very dear Galaxy S after excessive flashes of custom rom and five years of good and loyal service (I always keep it precious).
    Following some research on the net, I admit I fell in admiration of the OnePlus X Onyx and this new emerging company at the time.

During the first part of the sales, it was necessary to have an invitation.That is the reason of my registration to the forum and the start of participation in it. It was not, however, too difficult to have one.
    The Oneplus X was for me a complete discovery:
    its magnificent design with its aluminum rimmed glass construction.
    Its "big" 5 inch Amoled screen with incredible blacks
    The discovery of its ergonomic operating system and the disappearance of bloatware applications
    Of curse, its price, at this old time, very accessible

As they say in France and maybe in other countries, it was putting the finger in the gear. The finger, the arm, ....

The Oneplus 7T further, I can not even take stock so much it is positive.
    I have never been disappointed with the products so far
    I have never been disappointed by OxygenOS having even dropped the custom rom part so ardently used before
    and above all I have never been disappointed on the forum and the Hoo !! it looks like meetic ....

This year 2019 was represented by the release of the OnePlus 7 "normal" and T range, i.e. four models in one year.
    The T range does not seem to cause many waves, at least on the French forum, despite its interesting characteristics but difficult to justify the difference between 7 Pro and 7T pro ....
    In any case, I note a difference on my 7T with the improvement of the screen frequency, the x2 zoom on the photo part.
    My wife is thrilled with her OnePlus 5T, performance is more than enough for her, The ergonomics are perfect for her with the size of the phone.
    This may be a way of improvement models more adapted to the need and requests in the future.

I also want to warmly thank everyone who quoted me and allowed me to appear here
    Bisous a tous

5. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 16, 2019

Stickied Post
    the_o2 , Dec 16, 2019 :
    First of all thank for selecting me as a User of the year 2018, I feel really proud and honored damn becoming speechless....

My OnePlus story starts with the OnePlus One, all though I can't able to buy that beast :oops:
    One of my friend had it and I can't forget when I touch the sandstone back that was amazing, the phone was fast and fluid and the design was unique, damn.

I am huge fan of the stock Android, my last two phone was from Motorola both are gifted by my brother :) , but I always miss few things like the dark theme which was gone with Android lolipop :( and some others like parallel apps etc.

So, there was 4G revolution going on my Country and I was looking for a phone who have maximum LTE speed and cost less of course :p, and there was only one thing in my mind OnePlus.

So I started saving money to buy it, luckily there was an exchange offer going on Amazon, and I purchased OnePlus 5 at great price.
    I can't explain the excitement when I unboxed it, I remember my brother told me why you so excited it's just a phone, I looked into his eyes and said it's not just a phone It's OnePlus it's My Phone :), more than 2 year and still my OP5 is working like a champ :cool:

Though I keep eyes on this community from very long, I remember there is problem happened with Android 7.1 I guess, in roaming network Google Play store can't able update or download the apps and games, I posted on Moto forum got some lame replies, I seen same on this community forum here users keep giving the solution and verifying that it's Google's issues not device and then if anything unusual happens I keep eyes on this forum.

I was so lazy to join this forum, I joined this community in feb 2018 and got addicted to it, login daily enjoying the thread. Here I find so many friends, a group WoHo which is Incredible, excellent mods and staff members, lots of helping users, this is like second home to me :):)

Always love to help other person with Android related issues and here I find so many people like me.
    Thanks for the Delhi AMA where I got the chance to meet some of these peoples in real life :)

What to say about this community, I bet no one find a place like this in entire internet.

My next phone would be either 7TPro which I am trying to get or it would be 8TPro if I not able to make it for 7TPro.
    The only problem I am having with OnePlus is 4 phones a year strategy it really confuse alot of users including me and I'm worried about Indian Oxygen OS too that is something I never wanted rest of all is good, you guys giving more software support than Google which is incredible, software team is Awesome.

Keep doing the great work,
    Never settle!!!!!

6. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Dec 16, 2019

Stickied Post
    pa5t1s , Dec 16, 2019 :
    User of the Year 2014!
    Woot! that's definitely a thing :) Thanks to the Admins and Mods for choosing my humble me, and I know who you are!
    Well, I'm supposed to tell you some untold story from the Past, from when the 'Community' was still the 'Forum' and when the maximum of registered users was around 10000.
    'The 10000'! Sounds like an epic story, right?
    And it was!
    Once upon a time, back in late 2013, the Internet was full of rumours reporting the creation of a new smartphone company, Shenzen-based, and everybody was chatting about its aim, its goal, its spirit, in brief, its essence: delivering high-performance phones at a reasonable (understand low-compared-to-the-establishment) price...
    Time passed by (too quickly for me) and then we were in April 2014; I remembered that I had something to do: read the news about the new brand OnePlus (or 1+).
    Apparently, I was kinda late for the Opening Party: Forum was already started and run by some dude called @Adam Krisko and there were a bunch of great and funny people talking about Android, Custom ROM... and a lot of other stuff I've never heard before!! For sure those guys knew what they were talking about, and to be honest, I've learned a lot reading their posts. The Dev Community was definitely enthusiast ...
    OnePlus One! OnePlus One! Everybody wanted that phone, THE phone-to-have! Awesome specs (hardware-wise and software-wise) and awesome price, compared to Apple or Samsung...
    The Invite System was a great invention by OnePlus: how to deliver a phone to a few people and make the other greedy enough so they can wait for the next batch :D
    Got my (first) invitation in June, bought my OPO in July 2014... and then we are now, December 2019, owning a 7T as daily-driver and still owning my past OPO, OP2, OPX, OP3, OP3T and OP6.

That was a nice journey...still going on... ;)

7. buntycubal
    User of the Year 2017 Dec 16, 2019

Stickied Post
    buntycubal , Dec 16, 2019 :
    Well here it goes...
    I never had cell phone till oct 2017, one day i crashed my mums brand new ktm super duke r motorcycle, i got couple of bruises & scratches & i get pretty much sad about that incident, then one day mom gives me her oneplus 3 just to cheer me up & she buy herself a new iPhone, well I'm happy about my new cell phone which i never heard about it,I've started using it & in just 3 days that thing also get scratches & bruises (well i don't like covers on my phones) some days later, i made a oneplus account & open our community app & just tryin' to understand what it's all about,sooner this place turned out to be amazing, people all around the world in one place talking, fighting, abusing, posting pictures from their trips, helping each other regarding their phone problems etc..
    Then in December 2017 my dad gift me 5,that thing turns out to be damn fast & impressive camera's pro mode features.one day i post couple of pics in open photography section (amateurs mistake) & at that time @Hydra Bob reply me to upload my pics in phography section, he is the first member whom i've talk in our community.
    At that time monthly photography section is pretty much deserted we only got @script, @woSch, @TibiTibi, @Bouncer71 , @otto2 & @NeVeR_SeTTLe who constantly uploading pics everday & giving tips about photography to each other & others, well I've found a fantastic section to visit everyday & i learn a lot from these guys about photography & camera settings,which i'm very thankful to them for it..

Then Ruby G. made a Countdown chat thread.it was soo fun & i made some new friends in that thread, which one of them is community superlative award winner 2018 @meatandy:)

we also got @Baymax weekly updates thread in our community , it was so fun to read & comment, but now he stop making those threads for some reason,i love to see those weekly updates from him again.

FIFA 2018..
    FIFA 2018 thread by @izzykasha
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/the-2018-fifa-world-cup-discussion-thread.845575/
    We all football maniacs together chatting & screaming through this thread ,while watching live football matches on our TV & laptops..
    I get to know @Cheetosdust, @the_o2 , @Dresa91 , script , @piccionel , @Matt 80, @izzykasha & many more in this thread.
    superplus, pablofg1978, pa5t1s was also in there but we didn't chit chat overthere:(

The Best Days...
    Weekend fun time bitmoji, created by @Ruby G.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/weekend-fun-time-lets-take-a-group-photo-via-bitmoji.897235/
    In those bitmoji days, I had stopped doing my assignments, skipped my gym, even twice or thrice i've skipped shopping..
    Well, it's over a year since it created by ruby & we're still running it..

These above are some of my favorite threads & because of such threads i have got great friends, friends who have created amazing moments & happiness in our community,who share a great generosity of spirit.I don't need a lot of money to be happy, i just need my fully charged 5 or 7 pro & oneplus community.

Big thank you to our outstanding hardworking moderator, starting point experts, excellent staff & helping user,i truly appreciate your dedication & hard work towards this community.Also like to thanks to members from tutorial section for their informative threads & especially 'mega list trending topics' from idkwhoiam322 & 'index mega thread' by dsmonteiro.

I'm glad to be part of oneplus community & thank you for chosen me as the user representative of the year 2017.Its an honour & great privilege for me.

Thankyou & Best Wishes:)

8. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Dec 17, 2019

Stickied Post
    Adam Krisko , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Oh, how do I even start?

First off, let's start by thanking everyone that has been with us from the beginning. All the admins and forum users that are still here, and those that have moved on, you guys are the real Allstars of this forum, none of us would be here without you.

My story starts with a post on a news aggregator called pulse, I got notified about a new company that was being formed from some old OPPO employees (Pete; the Founder and CEO, and Carl; the marketing maestro and new co-founder) were starting a new company.

I found the forums that day that I read that article. I don't even think they were ready for users (as I somehow was member number 19, even lower than Carl.. hehe:cool:) But little did I know that that act would set me on a path that would completely change my life. I got to eventually move to China where I would learn so much, and meet my wife, who has given me my beautiful daughter and my amazing stepson.

At first, the group was small (and I mean SMALL I remember hitting 5000 users :D) I remember the first thread from Pete and meeting some of the people that would eventually sway me to join the community full time. One being @Rob W, who eventually recruited me to be one of the first group of MODs (thank you by the way, I credit you with me eventually joining OnePlus;)) and some of the admins back then @Mingyu, I answered your first poll!!

A small group of us started the RNC (Random Nonsense Club) and then things somehow went crazy. We started doing live hangouts (back when that was the thing to use for video calls) and posted them to youtube. We even had a few admins join us for the videos like David and Emmanuel. It was nuts, we felt like sports reporters commenting on a live game that was the launch of the first product. I remember staying up till like 3 am my time to watch the launch of a device in a language I then couldn't even begin to comprehend. But, you know what? It was MAGICAL!! I had never been so excited about a product launch before.

This was the first time that I had ever been part of a company that listened to users and used the feedback from a community to mold a device to their (the community's) liking. It felt like I was there sitting in the audience (even though I couldn't understand a word that Pete was saying or the being able to understand the Chinese symbols that described the phone. The RNC and MOD group were all watching and talking online about what we thought the symbols meant. Boy was that fun!

Never before or since have I felt such a connection to a group of strangers online or in real life. This "little" eclectic group of tech enthusiasts that is the OnePlus community, have helped changed the course of modern technology. We have been, and always will be a driving force in the cell phone industry. I am PROUD to be a member, and always will be.

Thank you all for everything you have done for me as a human. I will never forget the friends I've made along the way.

I will stop the story here, as I've told many of the rest of my journey here before.

PS: I still have my OnePlus One. It flew with me to China in 2015 and all the way back to the US in 2019 Still in pristine condition. :D

[​IMG]

9. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Dec 17, 2019

Stickied Post
    SoniaB , Dec 17, 2019 :
    So the story of SoniaB and 5 years as part of this community.

It all began early 2014. I had heard about a device being released that would have awesome specs but not break the bank. I was interested and I lurked without joining the forum.
    A phone that you can only buy with an invite. I had never experienced anything like that before. So I waited and waited and finally in December 2014 I decided to join the forum and chance my luck at getting an elusive invite.

Luck was obviously on my side. Within an hour of joining I actually got the invite. Claimed it and made my purchase of the OPO that same day. I will be brutally honest, I didn't have any intention of staying on the forum. I came for the invite, so why then was I reading thread upon thread and posting replies to people?

The forum had this addictive magic to it. That is the closest I can come to describing it for me. In the blink of an eye, I was talking to so many users, helping where I could, but also doing my fair share of trolling.

Then came NET (Never Ending Thread) which ironically did end :oops: and came to be called TTTWNBN (The Thread That Will Not Be Named). I found a home in there. A sense of belonging. It's here that I met my first forum friend @pipecpa (Pip) and made some truly awesome friends, many of whom I have met in real life. These are lasting friendships.

It was through Pip that I came across the Titans of Invites thread and the mighty @ouch123, the most formidable catto on the forum. Under his wing I started sharing invites on a mass scale alongside other invite sharing threads. Looking back, those days were crazy and exhilarating. I was part of something special.

But all good things come to an end and it was inevitable that the invites would go, but a new chapter was to begin. I joined the moderation team. So much has already been said about @Adam Krisko and I can only share those views. Truly awesome guy. @David Y. One of the most genuine and caring people I have ever met. @Crystal Z. Sweet and kind.

As I was writing this post, I thought of all the past threads and users that have graced this forum. Far too many to name them all but for those who were here early on, it would be remiss of me not to do a special shout-out especially to the Wormhole thread and all past and present friends in there.

Special acknowledgements to @missymissycutiepie1 @MichaelJacksonKingOfPop @nirmit4
    These guys helped shape the forum in their own way, made me laugh and I guess helped us all to not take life or indeed the forum too seriously.

10. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Dec 17, 2019

Stickied Post
    luxuskamel , Dec 17, 2019 :
    As completion here's my activity diagram:
    Screenshot_20191217-212759__01.png

11. G_plusone
    Nougat Dec 22, 2019

Stickied Post
    G_plusone , Dec 22, 2019 :
    My Introduction to OnePlus

I first heard about OnePlus when one of my Friends posted on Facebook that he got an Invite for a phone, a OnePlus One.
    It felt strange because usually there would be posts saying "I brought a New phone from _____ ." But this picked my interest and after some research I was intrigued both by the Invite system and the Specs of the Phone. I was using a newly launched Desire phone from HTC which had 1 GB of RAM while the One had 3 GB RAM, even my laptop at that time had only 4GB RAM. I used the phone after my friend got his delivered and I liked it very much and the Sandstone back too.That's when I decided to get one for my Next phone. While I continued to use Desire another two of my Friends Got the OnePlus 2 and a OnePlus X.

I really liked the sleek design of the OPX it was so slim and compact compared to my Desire. The glass finishing of the OPX was far superior than the Plastic ones I was used to and the I even came to like the flat red charging cable a lot.

Getting my OnePlus 3
    Around July 2016 my Desire shutdown and didn't go past the bootup screen. After sending it for repair I was told by them that
    the mother of the phone fried and has to be replaced. At that time it was not worth it to repair the Desire and I got to get a new phone. I freshly remembered the much hyped launch of OnePlus 3. I was confused between getting OnePlus X and OnePlus 3T. It was not going for the 3T because of the bigger size of it and was leaning towards to the X but somehow I decided to go for the OP3. A decision I am glad made not only because of it is the most updated Android Phone I guess other than Google/Nexus devices.

I very much enjoyed my OnePlus 3. I was able to install as much as apps as I wanted to without worrying about internal storage as opposed to my previous phone.
    The picture quality too was a vast improvement too from my previous phone.

Introduction to Forums
    I first knew about forums from a Campaign for 3T. I was a bit surprised by a new phone releasing just after 4 months and was angry like the people opening angry refund/discount/OnePlus cheated threads openers at every launch. But I got over it soon after seeing that it was a very small upgrade.

Initial Days in the Forums

The I started playing the Game threads where I met lots of users like @Dresa91 @TibiTibi @manuel19 @Athena @pillow35 @Zh_kilat @gcocucci and many many others some of whom I got to know better after some time in other threads. I loved the Scramble and make a word thread but the Number thread was the most difficult to play because of the the number of players playing at the same time .

OnePlus 3 Update buddies

Then I used to hang around in OnePlus 3 update threads where I liked @varma246 @VaibhavBhargava @Sun90 @B_Wrath @Dresa91 @ghostofcain and many others posting, trolling and helping fellow users. Then I started posting in OOS release threads and Weekly update threads . I loved the unofficial WIR threads too a summation of crazy things happening in the forums.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
    In the Forums

Things went like this with a good fun thread appearing now and then like the Pei Coin thread and Caption/Meme Contest thread where we made Hilarious meme about Carl OnePlus and what not.

There was always something happening in the Community either for Good or Bad like the Community events, Launch event, The Lab threads, Nougat for OP2, Mkey app and its astroturfers, Jelly screen, 5T launch, Data Ananlytics...

Guess the Pic!

Once such thread was Guess the Pic! Thread by @Straynart

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/game-guess-the-pic.726956/ where I met @meatandy @hotsauce @Hydra Bob @Ash645 @GopalB. @RJBoss @SJBoss @yourdesiredusername @Shaurya 221 @Azzulik @Bouncer71 @NeVeR_SeTTLe @strafer and many others
    It was so much fun playing There. I learnt about lenses for smartphones There.

Thanks for your photography threads @NeVeR_SeTTLe @Bouncer71 and @TibiTibi you too @B.I.T.S.

Countdown Madness

Then came the Countdown Madness thread for OP6 by @Ruby G. where I met @idkwhoiam322 @Mjo @luigimario @buntycubal @NovinDavis @rohitanand and many but more importantly @BobbyV8_ who introduced me to Wormhole. We spammed like crazy there more than 50 posts a day sometimes even reaching 100 :D. Did the Same for Madness thread in OnePlus 7 Series release threads too :p

The Wormhole

The Wormhole was like a Blackhole and I got sucked into it. Initially I wasn't posting much but after interacting with the m in Countdown Madness thread I got comfortable and was quickly at home there. Thanks to Bobby @Punk_69, Boss babies :p , @idkwhoiam322 @Mjo @Cheetosdust @Shivang Joshi @B_Wrath @The1Lion the Interviewer @NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams my co-interviewee @BeingIncog @Android450 @Baymax @luxuskamel @meatandy @Akhshay Srinivasan @Nezumi_ @MentalDraco @pa5t1s @remedy @Tobikage @sfomin @manuel19 @script @funmunke @the_o2 @The Earl of Twatshire @toastytoast1234 @puccellino @Rusty NZ @B.I.T.S. @YRJ @Starcommander @Wonderwoman13 @MosheG1 @Anshu3110 ...
    Thanks for your tags, replies, posts and threads in the past couple of years .

OnePlus Staff

Thank you @Ruby G. @Crystal Z. @David Y. @Trista W. @Hee H. and other staff for their contests ideas and interactions in the Forums. Also thanks to @Robin A. and @Lei Z. for some cryptic messages and some laughs. Sorry for troubling you so much @Crystal Z. you've been very nice to me even when you didn't have to as I was the one at fault. :)

Moderators
    Many thanks also to all the moderators
    for responding to the tags and helping those in need. Thanks for all your escalations and efforts to help people in need and the warnings too
    Thanks to @SoniaB @camohan and @script who I have tagged more extensively and to @keithnyc for my first dm

Looking forward for many more posts and to reaching Android Q one day :D
    Sorry to Everyone who I have missed in my post, I blame my limited memory for that :D

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019

12. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Dec 16, 2019

pa5t1s , Dec 16, 2019 :
    There are a lot of cool stories to tell to the new users, like the Invites story and sharing thread(s) but I'm sure @SoniaB @Kattis or any older members, present or MIA, will tell them better than me ;)
    @keithnyc , I know YOU have some tales from the past to share :D

14. drl431

drl431 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    I can certainly see why you all got to be "User of the Year" !!!
    The writing style, outgoing personalities, and enduring forum contributions !!!
    A great read :)

15. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 17, 2019

luigimario , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Congrats everybody and thanks for sharing your stories! It's really nice to read how everyone found their way here to come together. I know of everyone on the user of the year list and have had the pleasure of interacting with most of you. Your place in the list is certainly well deserved. Congrats again and I hope to keep seeing you all for a long time more!

16. B_Wrath
    Nougat Dec 17, 2019

B_Wrath , Dec 17, 2019 :
    That's an awesome list of people and I am happy to call many of them as my friends:) These guys are well deserving of the title:cool:

By the way, @Crystal Z. Can these guys get a "user of the year" tag under their name?:) Just like lab reviewers have?

17. Sandyadav004
    Eclair Dec 17, 2019

Sandyadav004 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Agreed with One Year One Device (Two Dimensions)

Otherwise no difference between OnePlus or other Android smartphone brand
    So please be unique
    Good luck OnePlus

18. sahdevakshay
    Froyo Dec 17, 2019

sahdevakshay , Dec 17, 2019 :
    congratulations really happy to read it ..keep it up [e]1f44d[/e]

19. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2019

20. drl431

drl431 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    A very reasonable suggestion given the exclusivity of this group!

21. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Dec 17, 2019

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 17, 2019 :
    wow!
    congratulations!
    it's so crazy that you've been on the forums for only a few months and you've already won community member of the year award! I think that says a lot about you and what you contribute to the community. I personally have benefited a lot from you, from your photograph pills and helpful tips, to your witty banter in WoHo that has me smiling everyday. I'm truly happy that you are part of this family and hope you continue to spread your light in the community and overpower what little darkness there is left.
    I thank you for what you have done for us and for sharing your wonderful personality with me and the community as a whole.

@Dresa91
    you are also one of the few who I know that have won a community never if there year award.
    I think being an Android Q says enough about your contribution to the forums and I thank you for that and for the word games you host!
    and for always being the first to say good evening or good morning, you always bring cheer wherever you go on the forums.
    thank you!

22. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 17, 2019

23. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Dec 17, 2019

Dresa91 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    :) thank you :)

:)