0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Would like to if this was supported by OnePlus

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Gedas5
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2020

Gedas5 , Mar 11, 2020 :
    With OnePlus 7 series being promoted as content creator devices it is beyond understanding why OnePlus are not giving us support for external microphones. I know that the availability of USB C microphones isn't as great as for iPhone users but manufacturers are slowly coming on board and making more and more USB C external microphone for Android devices.
    Is anyone using using any external USB C microphones with their OnePlus 7 series phones?

I'm testing Saramonic Smartmic+ UC which seems to be great microphone for other Android phones but not OnePlus. Here are the issues that I've found so far:

• No support using native camera app - when plugged in it still users internal microphones for video recording.

• When using third party apps like Filmic Pro, Moments app, Cinema 5 FV, Open Camera, etc. it works only partially - the issue here is that it seems like OnePlus does not allow for internal microphones to be disabled when using external USB C microphone. Even if only external microphone is selected in any of these apps the phone is recording both using internal and external microphone which obviously causes issues as the sound isn't the way it should be if only recorded with external microphone. Funny thing is that most of other phone brands support external microphones without any issues (even the cheap low budget phones).

Does anyone have similar experience that could be shared?
    OnePlus should take this into consideration and provide better support for third party apps if they can't implement external microphone sort l support themselves.

2. V1593594780654
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2020

V1593594780654 , Jul 1, 2020 :
    Im also using a saramonic smartmic + UC and I can't seem to differentiate the difference between the internal mic and the external. Its a shame that camera is really good but the audio is really bad when its its windy. It would be really great if they introduce this on the next update. Tst2x

STARLORDUltimate likes this.
  3. STARLORDUltimate , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 3, 2020 :
    This needs more plus ones, post needs to be bumped up for software ideas team to see or maybe the op could submit this as an idea in the oxygen os forum for implementing new features, I would like to think that they would seriously consider this l.

4. Artemus.
    Nougat Jul 3, 2020

Artemus. , Jul 3, 2020 :
    No one from OP reads this.