oneplus 7 ambient light sensor and proximity sensor

1. Advaith_Pawar Cupcake Aug 1, 2019

Advaith_Pawar, Aug 1, 2019 :
    Does anyone know where all the sensors for the oneplus 7 are?? Because there is no pocket mode for oneplus 7 now which uses proximity sensor.

G.Sai Vaibhav likes this.
  2. zvczv Froyo Aug 4, 2019

zvczv, Aug 4, 2019 :
    Don't know where exactly, but they're there. When having a call or listening to a voice note on WhatsApp, the proximity sensor works fine. It's just the pocket mode that has gone from oos apparently.

Advaith_Pawar likes this.
  3. Starcommander Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2019

Starcommander, Aug 4, 2019 :
    It uses a software based proximity sensor where the ear piece speaker emits a high frequency sound and when any object comes near the phone especially while call, the reflected high frequency noise is captured by the the secondary microphone to judge the distance. It's called elliptic labs virtual sensor.

4. Advaith_Pawar Cupcake Aug 4, 2019

Advaith_Pawar, Aug 4, 2019 :
    Hey, thanks for info about the proximity sensor, but what about the light sensor?? The auto brightness feature isn't working that well. I have to adjust the brightness manually most of the time.

Starcommander likes this.
  5. Starcommander Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2019

It uses machine learning. It will learn your pattern and then adjust automatically

6. Advaith_Pawar Cupcake Aug 4, 2019

Advaith_Pawar, Aug 4, 2019 :
    Woah. That's something Thanks for letting me know. Hope it will get better with time.

Starcommander likes this.
  7. Starcommander Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2019

Yup it will

8. puneeth_choppanati Donut Aug 10, 2019

puneeth_choppanati, Aug 10, 2019 :
    even after the latest update, ambient light sensor is not precise. I tried it in a pitch dark room and it was still emitting some bright light off the screen. and the calibration is also kind of slow. I really wish OnePlus would consider this seriously and improve even more.

9. Paulo Viana Cupcake Aug 15, 2019 at 3:22 AM

Paulo Viana, Aug 15, 2019 at 3:22 AM :
    Tenho problemas ao reproduzir notas de áudio por meio do WhatsApp, sempre que o áudio é pausado ou movido para cima I have problems playing audio notes through WhatsApp, all the time the audio is paused or transferred to the internal speaker, as if it had approached the ear, this is frustrating