OnePlus 7 and 7Pro disadvantages

1. henrikkhach
    Eclair Sep 18, 2019

henrikkhach , Sep 18, 2019 :
    Hi everyone

My OnePlus 7 is my first OnePlus, and I always have been planning to buy one. The reason was it’s great design and some reviews I’d read before. Now I’ve one and I like it so much. It has great design, great physical architecture, it’s well made and the most important thing is it’s UI which is actually an initial and important factor in manufacturing such gadgets. It’s UI has designed graphically beautiful and works very smooth.

But unfortunately, these phones have several basic and simple but initial shortages that you CANNOT find in older phones even with android Lollipop. And these are disadvantages of OnePlus 7 comparing with its competitors.

1- No confirmation for Power Off and Restart.

2- No feature to hide folders

3- No capability to zoom texts in some apps which need it eg: SMS (This one shocked me, I can’t believe)

4- No separated volumes has designed for media, ringtone, notifications and system sounds. (What!? How could it be!?)

5- Phone has a problem recognizing some app notifications as notification sound. It recognizes them as media so when you change ringtone volume it doesn’t work for some app notifications. I think it’s because the phone recognizes the sounds by analyzing the file format of notifications.

6- Notification sound and vibration don't work properly especially for Instagram. But it works for Instagram parallel app!!!

7- To change the sound volumes user has to use the volume button then tap on the settings icon to enter the notification setting. That’s too long. All 4 sound categories volume sliders could be opened by pushing the volume button.

8- Camera needs “Tap on the screen to focus and capture” feature. It helps to capture photos as fast as it is possible.

9- Camera doesn’t have any “Voice commands”!!!!?

10- The phone has no notification reminder feature. If you lose a notification, nothing will remind that you have one.
    Suggestion: The notification message can appear every 60sec. on the screen.

11- Quick settings under status bar can include more settings icons like silent, vibration, etc.

12- And I think OnePlus strongly needs a theme changing capability, including backgrounds (app, lock,…), fonts, icons. The current themes are too limited. It’ll cause the UI to become boring after a few months.

If other users found any other shortages, please add under this thread.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019

B1549690832571, Ajdi and kumarharsh8 like this.
  2. guanyu210379
    Jelly Bean Sep 18, 2019

henrikkhach likes this.
  3. Liehjan
    Lollipop Sep 18, 2019

Liehjan , Sep 18, 2019 :
    This feedback should go here :)
    https://forums.oneplus.com/forums/community-feedback/

henrikkhach and xnutzii like this.
  4. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Sep 18, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Sep 18, 2019 :
    Also OnePlus 7 series discussions go here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/forums/OnePlus7Series/
    You posted in OnePlus 5/5T sub-forum

Edit: before anyone qoutes me the thread has been moved

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019

henrikkhach and xnutzii like this.
  5. kumarharsh8
    Froyo Sep 19, 2019

kumarharsh8 , Sep 19, 2019 :
    Try getting yourself a custom ROM. OOS focuses on being close to the stock UI that Google has and it has been the same, it just adds a few handy tweeks that makes it a little better.

henrikkhach likes this.
  6. henrikkhach
    Eclair Sep 21, 2019

henrikkhach , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Thanks for your reply

Can you introduce such ROMs specially tested ROMs?
    Do you have any links?

Thanks again

7. B1549690832571
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

B1549690832571 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Yes oneplus strongly need to add more theme

henrikkhach likes this.