OnePlus 7 and North America

1. Adam276
    Gingerbread May 14, 2019

Adam276 , May 14, 2019 :
    I was looking forward to the OP7 over the OP7 Pro both for the price and slightly smaller design, non motorized camera and whatnot.

Is the OP7 really not being released at all in NA?

mwniels, venkatasiva08, redvw and 5 others like this.
  2. quickstang
    Froyo May 14, 2019

quickstang , May 14, 2019 :
    Yeah, I was looking forward to that as well. I'm about to ask that ? to the team. I had held on on 2 other phones in anticipation of the OP7 for my wife just to be disappointed. Isn't the goal to sell phones, make money, stay in business, capture more of the market? With that huge let down, they botched all of the above. If I was OP, I would want to take away from Samsung, Apple, etc. Instead, people who wanted the 7 like you & I are now forced to look elsewhere instead of supporting OP. Poor decision in my opinion.

venkatasiva08, Spelt, redvw and 2 others like this.
  3. Everett.michetti
    Gingerbread May 14, 2019

Everett.michetti , May 14, 2019 :
    Yeah, I've been with OP since the 1, this is a massive mistake. I'll wait for the Pixel 4 before I shell out for the OP7Pro, particularly due to extra $100 penalty for living in Canada

YOU SUCK ONEPLUS

venkatasiva08 and redvw like this.
  4. quickstang
    Froyo May 14, 2019

quickstang , May 14, 2019 :

Exactly. The wife doesn't need the Pro, & I was like... I really want to get her a phone for her birthday, but i'll wait until the OP even & tell her she's getting one in a few weeks. Totally not happening now. I have to tell her... due to poor business decisions, I can't get you the phone I was going to get you. You'll have to wait for the Pixel 4, go with Samsung, or maybe import the Xiaomi. Or maybe wait a little longer. When you make these business decisions, you have to sit down & factor in how many sales you'll lose by doing this. Hopefully they realized their mistake. If you can sell the 6T here, you can sell the 7. They may have thought they were clever by forcing the Pro on everyone, but they failed to realize that people have choices. So instead of giving them my money, I will give it to someone else. Seems like business 101 didn't get through to someone. The smartphone business is competitive & you want all the market share you can get. Even if it's taking away another 1% from Google, Samsung, etc. But when make poor decisions like this, you can't capture anything extra.

venkatasiva08, Spelt and redvw like this.
  5. iwsmith
    Donut May 14, 2019

iwsmith , May 14, 2019 :
    agree with this thread. Why no OP7 for USA.

perhaps we can get some support and have OnePlus change their minds.

6. G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV
    Gingerbread May 15, 2019

G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV , May 15, 2019 :
    According to my reading, there will be no OP 7 OR 5G offering for North America. I'm sure the company will confirm/deny that in due course.

Spelt and redvw like this.
  7. kevinplus2
    Honeycomb May 15, 2019

kevinplus2 , May 15, 2019 :
    MKBHD in his review vid did mention that the 7 was left for a launch later in the year

redvw likes this.
  8. iwsmith
    Donut May 15, 2019

iwsmith , May 15, 2019 :
    saw that. but it sounded like he didn't even know there was going to be a seven at all.

redvw likes this.
  9. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 15, 2019

KeepTransisting , May 15, 2019 :
    Honestly, there's so little difference between the base 7 and the 6T that I can understand why they're not selling it here.

jallentech1 and ShermCraig like this.
  10. kevinplus2
    Honeycomb May 15, 2019

kevinplus2 , May 15, 2019 :
    true he did sound unsure.... guess we would have to wait and see.

redvw likes this.
  11. G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV
    Gingerbread May 15, 2019

12. Spelt
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

Spelt , May 15, 2019 :
    In business its all about market share and Oneplus will be losing market share in the US because of this mistake. Once you lose customers to a marketing mistake like this you usually don't get them back.

venkatasiva08, redvw and quickstang like this.
  13. danielwang
    Cupcake May 19, 2019

redvw likes this.
  14. G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV
    Gingerbread May 19, 2019

G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV , May 19, 2019 :
    I think it's a new marketing strategy. Somewhat of a departure from their previous approach in North America.

15. DeathMoJo
    Gingerbread May 19, 2019

DeathMoJo , May 19, 2019 :
    Maybe the possibility of stock comes into play. They might have too much US and Tmobile versions of the 6T or trying to ensure adequate stock for other regions with a delayed launch.

I'm more inclined to think they want to see how the Pro sells first.

redvw likes this.
  16. redvw
    Eclair May 19, 2019

redvw , May 19, 2019 :
    While I'm very happy with my OP 5t, I won't be getting a 7 Pro. The design and price is not for me. If I needed a phone now I would get a Pixel 3a xl or wait for a Pixel 4. I still prefer a phone without an all glass design, and with a rear finger print sensor.

17. danielwang
    Cupcake May 19, 2019

danielwang , May 19, 2019 :
    maybe they want keep enough stock in China, op 7 is start at $433 in China

18. Spelt
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2019

Spelt , May 19, 2019 :
    Its a mistake. Someone had a bad idea and it will backfire on them.

venkatasiva08 and redvw like this.
  19. G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV
    Gingerbread May 19, 2019

Well.....given that T-Mobile is doing a rather brisk business with this new handset based on the comments in another thread, I'm not so sure of that. the 6T is still available here at a price reduction. Buyers in the USA now have two options as opposed to one. Time will tell I guess, but in here my country, folk pay for premium build quality and performance and this new 7 Pro seems to deliver. Those who want an excellent phone at a lower price point, now have an option that didn't previously exist.

20. G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV
    Gingerbread May 19, 2019

I hope all members in the USA bear in mind that we now have TWO options for the first time since OP entered our market. The 7 Pro and the 6T which has just been reduced in price. Both are fantastic phones and both offer the buyer excellent value.

And....we also have a major carrier now directly selling the handsets which will provide much wider usage and acceptance.

This is a good thing folks, not a bad one.

:)

jallentech1 likes this.