OnePlus 7 and North America

1. wbuitrago22
    Eclair May 21, 2019

2. David Y.
    OS Product Marketing Staff Member May 21, 2019

David Y. , May 21, 2019 :
    It was a tough decision. What we can do is move forward and make sure it won't happen next time.

Vector and meatandy like this.
  3. gootube2000
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2019

gootube2000 , Jun 5, 2019 :
    Better yet, fork over a few extra dollars for a forwarding service and import one from across the ocean. If you import from India you can get it in 256gb storage and in red and STILL be paying significantly less than you would for a 7 Pro.
    I read that 1GrandTrunk.com has pretty good service.

4. venkatasiva08
    Gingerbread Jun 5, 2019

venkatasiva08 , Jun 5, 2019 :

gootube2000

Better yet, fork over a few extra dollars for a forwarding service and import one from across the ocean. If you import from India you can get it in 256gb storage and in red and STILL be paying significantly less than you would for a 7 Pro.
    I read that 1GrandTrunk.com has pretty good service.​

No band 66 & 71 on OP 7. Not sure if it will be future proof in 2-3 yrsfor At&t and T-Mobile customers. so disappointing!

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/bw99t0/oneplus_7_gm1903_root_magisk_install_guide/epwal17/

G1566599510836 likes this.
  5. Vector
    Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2019

Vector , Jun 5, 2019 :
    I was super annoyed that we don't have the option for the Oneplus 7 in the US. I have the Oneplus Pro, but I wanted the 7 for other members in my family due to the 7 being so large; I've got previous OP phones all over the place in my family now. The 6T is the only OP device I skipped. I was really upset that OP decided to remove the headphone jack and didn't find it an improvement over the 6.
    However the 7 has a faster processor, better camera, better fingerprint sensor, and most importantly to me, stereo speakers. My family loves YouTube.
    OP failed me here, but I'm doing my best to suck it up, and I just put down the money to import the OP7 along with the c to 3.5mm jack adapter. I'll see how that goes. I'll either love it or be more frustrated if it doesn't connect well with the 2 missing network bands. Fact is, most US flagships; (iPhone, Samsung, etc.) have multiple options for the latest phones they sell in the US, thus providing consumer choice. OP just decided for people this time, making this a frustrating experience for their fans in the US. If we're a big market, or even a market that's important to you, why blatantly leave us behind...at least @David Y. responded here, and I think US fans will have better consideration next time. I appreciate his response.

venkatasiva08, David Y. and redvw like this.
  6. redvw
    Eclair Jun 5, 2019

redvw , Jun 5, 2019 :
    Presently own a OP 5T, due to the Pro model only being sold in USA, regrettably my next phone won't be a OnePlus device.

venkatasiva08 likes this.