3. Micpowe2 Donut Mar 30, 2019

4. SHM Honeycomb Mar 30, 2019

Micpowe2 likes this.
  5. Micpowe2 Donut Mar 30, 2019

6. Stedro Donut Mar 31, 2019

Speedlover777 likes this.
  7. Micpowe2 Donut Mar 31, 2019

Micpowe2, Mar 31, 2019 :
    the 3.5 mm jack removal has been an overwhelming success in the cellular industry. you're more hard-pressed to find a phone worth using that has one that's not name Samsung. I would argue the worth of using is still debatable. the bottom line is you get over the headphone jack find a pair of bluetooth headphones that you love and move on. it's the only true path to peace.

8. Speedlover777 Honeycomb Mar 31, 2019

Speedlover777, Mar 31, 2019 :
    Agree.
    If 6T had a 3.5 mm jack I would upgrade.

9. Stedro Donut Mar 31, 2019

Stedro, Mar 31, 2019 :
    well, I do have Bluetooth headphones but still want the jack. If oneplus doesn't do it I will get my phone somewhere else.
    Luckily there are still companies / phones with it.
    I left apple because I wanted something else and I can leave oneplus too if they don't have what I want.
    You don't want the jack but I do, neither of it is wrong or right, it's our personal choice.

by the way, about the Bluetooth headphones, what about the environment with all the batteries?

10. Moin2200 KitKat Mar 31, 2019

Moin2200, Mar 31, 2019 :
    That is true. When oneplus was younger they had alot more control over their user base and choices regarding designs and quality of their phones.

But now they have moved into the flagship market where they need to compete with the big players as Samsung and Apple. Which is why the old tactic doesn't work anymore and they now need to make compromises so that the majority of the average user feel his money has been well spent.

Even if the cost is alot of backlash from the veteran users and others.

Liehjan and meatandy like this.
  11. Stedro Donut Mar 31, 2019

Stedro, Mar 31, 2019 :
    that's completely true and sad that the companies don't take the end-users in consideration the bigger they become.
    oneplus still pride themselves to listen to the customers but I don't know if that's true anymore :((.
    it's sad that the big companies start listen to the customers only after we stop buying their products.
    end of the day it's all about profit and marketshare, sad! :((

12. meatandy Oreo Mar 31, 2019

meatandy, Mar 31, 2019 :
    Do you mean something like Mind control ? :eek:

I'm not sure if there is as much backlash against features as there is simple desire to move along to something different .

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019

Speedlover777 likes this.
  13. Moin2200 KitKat Mar 31, 2019

Moin2200, Mar 31, 2019 :
    True true, guess “backlash” is a little too much.

Change is scary for many people, especially when it’s coming from an company that we’re described as utopia for tech fans.

meatandy likes this.
  14. malidan Marshmallow Mar 31, 2019

meatandy likes this.
  15. malidan Marshmallow Mar 31, 2019

malidan, Mar 31, 2019 :
    Yep not much change here in almost 5 years,

We dont want Amoled, LCD gives more natural colours

Dual camera is a gimmick, monochrome, wide angle, Portrait. What's the point?

FP what for? I can use pin code.

Fast charging? I charge overnight.

IP certification why? I dont take a shower with my phone. But I will settle for almost splash proof.

Glass no,no,no Metal is more premium, metal! No,no,no, What about style swaps.

AI, a gimmick! But I love adaptive battery because it learns when to shut down apps I dont use.

Pop up camera. NO! moving parts and all that. I might get sand in the mech.

Bluetooth head phones no,no. I use the 3.5mm Jack. But now OP have ditched it I will buy some.

Iris and 3D scanning a total gimmick, but I will settle for face unlock because its fast and not very secure.

The face of change on the OP forum.

tumblr_mmnj9e0kJ61qdri4so1_500.gif

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019

Liehjan, Stedro and meatandy like this.
  16. malidan Marshmallow Mar 31, 2019

malidan, Mar 31, 2019 :
    I wonder if you would have said that this time last year.;)
    3.5mm Jack a plenty in the midrange/ budget the biggest selling sections of the market.:D

meatandy likes this.
  17. Micpowe2 Donut Apr 1, 2019

Micpowe2, Apr 1, 2019 :
    I work for Apple and I left as my personal device because of software reasons. I believe the software it's too restrictive and jailbreaking a phone isn't a true experience of the phone, it's a bastardization I what the phone can be.

With respect a headphone jack I get what you're saying as far as having a choice but I do believe you have that with the USB C to 3.5mm. I know it's a dongle and it's stupid, but you're the one talking about holding on a fifty-year-old technology. it is hard to move on and I have really nice headphones that are about 20 years old that I love and there's nothing wrong with them. I just found new ones that aren't as nice but get the job done.

With respect to the environment until the world gets China and India on board this is not a conversation.

meatandy likes this.
  18. Moin2200 KitKat Apr 1, 2019

Moin2200, Apr 1, 2019 :
    It might be too much for them to handle. :confused:

malidan and meatandy like this.
  19. Kahless01 Cupcake Apr 1, 2019

Kahless01, Apr 1, 2019 :
    no hpjack no deal. bluetooth will never sound as good as wired, then youve got one more device with a battery to keep charged. and what jackhole wants a glass phone. ive dropped my 3t out of the back of a 4x4 truck without the screen breaking. i drop it all the damn time too and its still in one piece because its not glass. so what i cant do wireless charging, that shits slow. ill plug in for 10 minutes and be fine. fingerprint readers and face scanning to unlock phones, yall are retarded. do not ever give a company your biometric data for any reason whatsoever. same goes for fitbits or any fitness tracker that records your heartbeat. those are as just as good as fingerprints at identifying you.

20. Micpowe2 Donut Apr 1, 2019

Micpowe2, Apr 1, 2019 :
    Hey it sounds like flagship phones as they're currently constructed are not for you. We must remember these are miniature computers that should not be dropped. not the Nokia style mobile phones of yesteryear.

All phones that are of a flagship caliber will come as a glass sandwich until wireless charging is able to be done otherwise. Class is pleasing to the hand allows for wireless conductivity. class is also the preferred material for wireless mobile signals along with Bluetooth and other wireless connectivity.

If this news is unappealing to you you might want to look into one of the more stronger made phones from Casio.