OnePlus 7 Discussion & Rumors

1. Micpowe2 Donut Apr 1, 2019

Micpowe2, Apr 1, 2019 :
    Guys, I don't want to come off as a troll I really care about this community. I think because OnePlus allows us to discuss our ideas; sometimes it feels like the community comes off like petulant children on a Facebook page versus a meeting of the minds.

The facts are the headphone jack is gone the industry has moved on from it. As an Apple employee I can tell you it is amazing the amount of pull this company has in the cellular industry. There are entire Android brews that are literally built to look like iOS (Huawei) ( Asus). Everything this company does affects the industry profoundly. One of those things was a headphone jack. The other is the idea of a wireless future. It's time for us as a community to mourn the headphone jack and move on. This community is very powerful when it is united. This in -fighting over headphone jacks and wireless charging just makes us seem petty and small-minded. We should be talking about things on the phone that actually will change the experience of the phone for tomorrow like dual firing speakers and better tactics. These are cheap things that the big boys do that make a flagship phone worth owning.
    OP can implement these things very cheaply and it makes a world of difference but they'll never get the message if we're complaining about headphone jacks and Periscope cameras. Let's unite in favor of tomorrow and remember yesterday fondly.

Who with me?

2. Stedro Donut Apr 1, 2019

Stedro, Apr 1, 2019 :
    totally agree!
    all these fancy stuff is to justify the phone prices increase every year and not to make thinks better and more useful.

Speedlover777 likes this.
  3. Discostu Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2019

Discostu, Apr 1, 2019 :
    Agree we need to stop picking fights and arguing on these forums.

I don't agree with the rest. I mean "wireless future" is a bit of a rich statement given that Apple discontinued their own wireless charging mat! Not to mention that in one sentence you imply that "the wireless future" is the way forward and then in another that "OnePlus should focus on things that change the experience of the phone for tomorrow" but don't mention Wireless Charging.... I'd argue getting that right is more important and about the future than dual firing speakers?

That aside, while I agree Apple has some weight in the industry - this by no means should dictate what other manufacturers do or where the industry goes.

One of the defining characteristics of the Android ecosystem is in it's ability to cater for everyone. You want it, it'll likely be in an Android phone somewhere. Manufacturers who use Android should focus on building a device that differentiates them from the pack rather than just blindly lurching forward "because Apple has done it".

Look at Samsung, they've produced a phone which is smaller than the OP6T and managed to include the headphone jack, wireless charging and everything else the 6t has. I don't accept that removing it from the 6t was about space saving.

I agree the future will most likely be wireless, however if there are options out there for consumers to buy that give them a headphone jack or whatever else they desire, who are we to judge? Demanding OnePlus put X and Y into their phones is fruitless - they will do what they do and it's up to us the consumer to tell them how we feel with our wallet.

Micpowe2, f1982 and Stedro like this.
  4. Stedro Donut Apr 1, 2019

Stedro, Apr 1, 2019 :
    good pionts man!
    I just wish companies do more what people want and need
    and not just creating just fancy and useless stuff they want to justify the prices and suck us to the markering tricks.
    For example improve the necessary things like batteries as the phones are still overpowered for the batteries they have and charging every day just sucks even with fast charging.

f1982 likes this.
  5. Stedro Donut Apr 1, 2019

Stedro, Apr 1, 2019 :
    totally true, well said

f1982 likes this.
  6. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Apr 1, 2019

dsmonteiro, Apr 1, 2019 :
    If audio quality is your biggest reason against no headphone jack, it's actually a moot point: Type-C is actually a better solution for audio than the 3.5mm jack, as it's still digital, rather than analog.

As for the "fingerprint readers and face scanning to unlock phones, yall are retarded. do not ever give a company your biometric data for any reason whatsoever." part, that information is kept inside your phone, so again, moot point.

Regarding glass backs, it's also not a personal favorite, but that's a industry trend so there's actually a demand for it.

f1982 likes this.
  7. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2019

f1982, Apr 1, 2019 :
    Then I suggest you go to the Samsung forums over there >>>
    Headphone jack is gone from OP. If you want a wired connection, get a couple of 3.5-USBC dongles.

Lots of people want glass backed phones. That's why companies keep making them. If you want a rugged phone buy a rugged 'Active' phone. They are available. Or a rugged case.

Wireless charging is about convenience not speed. It's not a 'one or the other' choice either. Just a convenient option.

Biometric readers for phone authentication are fine. Take the tinfoil hat off.

8. Micpowe2 Donut Apr 1, 2019

Micpowe2, Apr 1, 2019 :
    While I don't agree with some point that you made. I do think that we are on the same page. I think the unique Android experience of yesterday is shrinking down and homogenizing a bit. I don't think this is because it's Apple I think it's because the maturity of the software it's kind of slowing things down from the Blockbuster innovations that were used to. I also think our expectations are higher and I think because of that the engineering takes longer. to be frank with you the reason why I came to Android from Apple was because of the innovation and individualism. I chose OnePlus for the community but I'm not sure if I can take another conversation from a OnePlus user that is going to leave because of the headphone jack. Ignoring these conversations just getting my cross to bear. Thank you.

9. Speedlover777 Honeycomb Apr 1, 2019

Speedlover777, Apr 1, 2019 :
    I don't see any reason in removing 3.5 mm jack, except for money making reasons for OnePlus only. I don't spend more than $10 for earphones, and don't want to charge something besides my phone to be able to listen to music. OnePlus just needs more competition in its pre-flagship segment imo.

"Nothing personal, just business." (unknown author)

10. malidan Marshmallow Apr 1, 2019

malidan, Apr 1, 2019 :
    Regardless of if you add luxury features or not the price will go up. If you take the average rate of inflation for developed countries and apply it to the OP6T you're looking at approx $40 year on year.
    Luxury features are a must because in time they become standard and without the push for advancement we wouldn't have smartphones.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019

f1982 likes this.
  11. DARTH 007 KitKat Apr 1, 2019

DARTH 007, Apr 1, 2019 :
    are you guys kids or grown-ups
    6T Maclaren was a matured one.
    maybe op7 Ferrari edition.

12. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2019

f1982, Apr 1, 2019 :
    There already is a very healthy competition in the 'sub flagship' range. OnePlus a couple of years ago largely had this to themselves, now there's multiple options which keep OnePlus in check on specs, performance and price. Xiaomi as an example doing an unbelievable job for delivering value for money with both the Mix and Poco phones, amongst others.
    You're right the main reason for losing the 'jack is to sell more wireless headphones. And it's worked.
    We have to remember that there is always the option of either a USBC wired set, or just getting some dongles and adding them to our existing headphones. Not a perfect solution by any stretch, but it's not as if we're being forced to use wireless headphones as the only option. It's just the most convenient option for most.

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus and Micpowe2 like this.
  13. Speedlover777 Honeycomb Apr 1, 2019

Speedlover777, Apr 1, 2019 :
    Ok. You did your job.
    Thanks.

14. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2019

f1982, Apr 2, 2019 :
    my job??

Speedlover777 likes this.
  15. G_sanju_kumar_pQFq Cupcake Apr 2, 2019

16. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2019

f1982, Apr 2, 2019 :
    soon

17. Discostu Jelly Bean Apr 3, 2019

Discostu, Apr 3, 2019 :
    Not sure if anyone has already seen this, however if you follow this link it will take you to the full case renders of the OP7. Assuming these are real then we pretty much know what we will be getting now on the 7.

Some pics attached as well, taken from the site.

OnePlus-7-case-renders-1-01.jpeg OnePlus-7-case-renders-10-01.jpeg

f1982 likes this.
  18. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2019

f1982, Apr 3, 2019 :
    I just really, REALLY want one of those 3 lenses to be a wide angle. The shots you get with a wide angle are so much more pleasing than the standard camera when capturing a scene or view for the majority of situations. The P30Pro has shown this perfectly with their 3 camera arrangement.

If one of those lenses is a normal lens, the other a 3x zoom lens and the third either another normal lens just used for blurred backgrounds, or a greyscale lens for adding detail then i'm going to be super disappointed.

19. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2019

f1982, Apr 3, 2019 :
    What's the large slot to the left of the charge port? Is that a coloured sim tray? Weird.

20. Loveit Jelly Bean Apr 3, 2019

Loveit, Apr 3, 2019 :
    Indeed it seems they put the SIM tray at the bottom. That's a new one for me.

f1982 likes this.