OnePlus 7 Discussion & Rumors

1. Loveit Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2019

Loveit, Apr 11, 2019 :
    I should have rebranded and unlocked when it was a lot easier and cheaper, dragged my heels

2. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2019

Discostu, Apr 11, 2019 :
    That's your response to everyone who has a different opinion or experience to you isn't it? You belittle them.

You are again presenting yourself as the authoritative figure on the subject and malign/belittle anyone else who does not hold the Maildan view of things. You again prove you hide behind your keyboard and the anonymity it provides.

Grow up.

3. meatandy Nougat Apr 11, 2019

meatandy, Apr 11, 2019 :
    To be honest , I am somewhat bothered by the addition of a third lens (software wise) not hardware.

Additionally the front snapper popper™ is also rumored to house another 16 MP lens.

4. meatandy Nougat Apr 11, 2019

5. MashariF Cupcake Apr 11, 2019

MashariF, Apr 11, 2019 :
    Hoping for a human sized dimensions.
    Phones are becoming a burden to hold, so far this year's options of (semi premium) small phones are disappointing.
    I heard a rumor in "pocket now" video that oneplus 7 will come in 3 variants, hopefully it's true and one of them will be below 6"

6. malidan Marshmallow Apr 11, 2019

malidan, Apr 11, 2019 :
    Offer opinion if you wish no one said any different, just dont cry if someone doesn't agree and presents a better argument from a more balanced perspective.:D

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019

7. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2019

Discostu, Apr 11, 2019 :
    Look in the mirror mate, you are the one who replies to anyone else with a different opinion to your own attacking them and posting ridiculous gifs and images with only one purpose - to antagonise and annoy. Your "balanced perspective" is always your own experience, a video you have found or an article somewhere. These are all valid, however you ram them down peoples throats as if it is gospel.

Case in point this reply of yours to my opinion that QHD and 4K smartphone screens weren't necessary to me because of a lack of apps and content, why couldn't you just reply normally? Why did you have to reply as if my view and others didn't matter?:
    I seem to recall you believed Glass could conduct electricity, and when everyone else presented you with a balanced opinion and factual evidence, you still refused to accept they were right

Why can you just let things be? It's fine that your experience is different and that those of others might be too. But all you do is ram things down people's throats continually, you won't just accept that: - okay they had a different experience. Instead you keep arguing your point like it is gospel.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019

f1982 likes this.
  8. malidan Marshmallow Apr 11, 2019

malidan, Apr 11, 2019 :
    Weird all samsungs international sim unlocks get updates direct from Samsung, with zero carrier bloat.

The April security patch is in and i have seen more updates in 4 months than a OP will see in a year.:D

9. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2019

f1982, Apr 11, 2019 :
    We have seen many 'leaks' which suggest this year there will be the normal phone then a Pro version. Since OP have said they're making a 5G phone, it's possible the 3rd version is either a OP7 or a OP7P with 5G enabled. I wouldnt be surprised if the Pro version had a slightly larger screen. But I have to agree with you, after multiple years wanting larger phones I do now miss having a phone I can comfortably use in 1 hand. A full screen display that's around 6" might be the sweetspot between 1 handed use and big content.

I worry that a standard OP7 will be a bit lacklustre, the OP7Pro will be too expensive and the addition of a 3rd variant would push up the costs of all 3. More variants means more cost to spread around. Plus, the 5G version is useless, purely made so they can have 5G in their marketing despite higher costs and no 5G network to use.

At the moment with a single device (just different colours and RAM/ROM which is relatively cheap to change) OP are under pressure to make the best phone they can at a specific price point. By splitting into 2 high/low end options there is less pressure to put the best tech in the lower phone, and no pressure to keep the price low on the Pro version.
    I'm worried for my relationship with OP right now. They may end up making 2 (or even 3) phones I don't want. I already have my eye on a really good deal on a Huawei P30Pro.

florincostescu likes this.
  10. JaketheM Cupcake Apr 11, 2019

JaketheM, Apr 11, 2019 :
    Everyone who loves having a phone that has very similar specs as Apple, Samsung but at A price that was reasonable and didn't brake the bank.
    With leaks starting to come out detailing of different OnePlus 7's for may. with launch of the OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.

It is starting to feel like we've been spoiled with the affordable priced OnePlus. with Oneplus gaining traction in the market, especially with Tmobile carrying the 6T. Oneplus took A big bite out of Apple and Samsungs profits, Oneplus seems to be planning to pounce on this success. which for those who've wanted A bigger and badder phone from Oneplus, you seem to be getting your wish. The sad reality that most smartphone users (including this Samsung user) know to well. They cost way to much!
    By either paying close to $1000.00 U.S. Dollars or as they price it as $999.95. That's still bad news for "The little guy" That little isn't so little anymore.

Let's holdout hope that the Pro has 12 or 15 GB of ram and 1 TB of memory. This may keep the 7 at A far friendlier price.

lemme know what your thoughts are?

11. meatandy Nougat Apr 12, 2019

12. Evr301265 Eclair Apr 12, 2019

13. malidan Marshmallow Apr 12, 2019

malidan, Apr 12, 2019 :
    You are using similar in a very broad manner , the OP7 will be a second tier device and it will be at the rear of the second teir as far as specs are concerned.
    Where did you get the OP eating into Samsung and Apple profits from? They won't be worried about OP, but they will be keeping an eye on Huawei and Xiaomi though.:rolleyes:

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  14. malidan Marshmallow Apr 12, 2019

malidan, Apr 12, 2019 :
    The calender is looking quite empty in May, barring the MiX 3 5G and the Magic 2 5G.
    It could be a pop-up battle royale if the Magic sees a global debut.
    That may see them avoid the Poco F2 or will Xiaomi pull another stunt like they did with Samsung.

15. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 12, 2019

f1982, Apr 12, 2019 :
    Where did you see the rumour?
    The current Warp charge (30W) on the 6T is an artificially software limited version of OPPO's 50W S-VOOC charge.
    I would imagine they will keep the 30W charging for the 7 then remove the restriction and go with the full 50W the standard supports on the 7T. I would find it odd to think that they'd implement another artificially limited version at 44W when the technology is already built for 50W. Seems like making work for themselves which very little gain.

The purpose of the 30W limit, I assume, was so they could offer a significant charging upgrade twice rather than once. Thus a feature upgrade for 2 phones rather than 1. But the minimal upgrade from 44W to 50W doesn't seem worth shouting about, so why put the effort into making the phone charge slower just for the sake of it?
    Unless...they've decided that there are benefits of permanently limiting the 50W standard at 44W (maybe heat or battery longevity?). So maybe the jump to 44W will be their version of full S-VOOC and they'll keep it at that until there is another significant chance in the standard in VOOC version 3

16. malidan Marshmallow Apr 12, 2019

malidan, Apr 12, 2019 :
    44 watts is Vivo's version , I only see it coming with what's in the 6TM.

f1982 likes this.
  17. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 12, 2019

f1982, Apr 12, 2019 :
    So Vivo artificially limit their version of S-VOOC also? Interesting. I wonder if it's to allow OPPO to keep the full version to themselves, or if there is a trade off in the technology which makes 44W more desirable than 50W.

It doens't make sense to me for the 30W version to be developed specifically for a limited edition version of a phone. I always assumed the 30W would be in the next phone (OP7) which for the vast majority of users would be an upgrade on Dash, then that also gives them an upgrade option for the OP7T up to 44W. It doesn't seem necessary to go to 44W with the 7 when 30W hasn't really been used yet, especially when they could save it for the next phone.

malidan likes this.
  18. CGile Cupcake Apr 12, 2019

CGile, Apr 12, 2019 :
    They still have to make a profit. Their phones are still way cheaper than the newest Galaxy or iPhone, while still being comparable to each in quality and specs (minus camera usually). The headphone jack was removed to make room for the in display fingerprint scanner. If you go watch jerryrigeverything's video on opening the phone, you can clearly see no actual room for a headphone jack. I personally don't have an issue with this, I'm just glad they included a dongle in the box... Plus, their wireless bullets are only $70, which is amazing for the quality you receive from them. All I see from OnePlus is a growing phone company trying their best to please as many of their customers as possible and be innovative and interesting at the same time. Of course there will be price increases. Every phone company increases the price when they release a new phone. That's how they make a profit while using newer and more expensive technology and parts for the phone. OnePlus' price increases are very minor anyhow, and as long as the phone stays under $800, I'll be happy.

f1982 likes this.
  19. HOF.nl Cupcake Apr 12, 2019

20. ravijain87 Gingerbread Apr 12, 2019

ravijain87, Apr 12, 2019 :
    Hey all,

So this is what my wish list would be for a "Perfect phone". This is massively subjective and I get what I want isn't necessary what you want.

1) Sound: Duel front firing speakers of good quality. This is really important when consuming media on your phone. It should explain itself but front firing means you're less likely to cover it with your hand and the stereo effect from two speakers really does make a difference

2) Duel Frequency GPS (L1 and L5). This has a significant improvement on GPS accuracy which really helps when using Google maps in your car.

3) Better vibration motor. This is one area I have to give it to Apple some credit. The vibration motor is optimized so that it feels like you're pressing a button. It's not just about being stronger but also about being refined.

4) 50W Super VOOC making its way over from Oppo. the Find X with this tech can charge a phone from dead to full in 35 minutes. Now this does depend on battery size but dang that's a massive improvement in charge time without sacrificing on having to head up the battery or phone.

5) Better in-display finger print sensor. I don't think this is yet achievable with the technology available to the market. I have the OP6 with a capacitive finger print sensor and my understanding is that there is no in-display solution that is as good as this yet.

6) Level 3 camera API support. Camera software is always a moving target but this is the latest standard. There would be clear improvement to go down this road and it would also mean improvements for using 3 party camera apps and GCam ports. Ideally we would be in a position where the built in camera app is ok the same level as the flagships. Xiaomi can do this in the Mi9 at a competitive price so we know it's achievable.

7) Keep the same display size and stick with 1080p plus. the bigger the display, the lower the PPI. I think they are at a sweet spot currently and having the latest processor driving (only) a 1080p display leads to smooth functioning and better battery life.

8) 120hz or 90hz display. By all accounts, the Razer Phone 2 with its display is supposed to feel like nothing else. It would be great to have a 1080p 120hz screen rather than push to 2k or higher.

These are just my opinions and I know they won't all come true. Even if some of them made it into the OP7 or the OP7T I think they would really be upping their game!!