OnePlus 7 Discussion & Rumors

1. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 14, 2019

malidan , Apr 14, 2019 :
    No stylish gradient back glass on the OP7 and that's coming from the top.

Pete says
    The fancy colored glass variants are not selling well in the market. :eek:

Now where did he get that one from:confused:
    The Honor 10 sold over 3 million in 3 months, thats pretty good going in anyone's book.

Source

Sorry you guys that actually wanted something a little more stylish, rather than usual industrial offering.:tired:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

2. florincostescu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2019

3. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 15, 2019

meatandy , Apr 15, 2019 :
    May 14th launch and open sales afterwards.

4. Speedlover777
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2019

Speedlover777 , Apr 15, 2019 :
    In my opinion,
    Honor has a little bit different marketing strategy, it sells from the shelves and storefronts of tech retailers, they spend money to hire rent retail areas & shelves, celebrities and billboards. People go to store to buy Honor/Huawei. Huawei can do this because it produces significant part of hardware itself and can produce it cheaper than competitors, and thus spend more on marketing.

OnePlus, originally sold mostly via internet, having less marketing campaign, and relying on solid fanbase that promote the phones to their immediate environmnent, telling how good this phone is. It pays only to YouTubers & bloggers. But it's a little but changing towards spending more on marketing :)

5. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

LegolasX , Apr 15, 2019 :
    I don't know.. they seem too have survey from different market in Earth-2 maybe.

RandomUserOne and malidan like this.
  6. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

currently OnePlus is spending more money and time in promotion if you ask me.
    i haven't seen much of huawei promotion in and around my place but OnePlus has plenty. they are focusing more on those than actual software and hardware development based on surveys they pretend to do.

RandomUserOne and malidan like this.
  7. Speedlover777
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2019

Speedlover777 , Apr 15, 2019 :
    ok. In my location even street vendors who sell cases for various phones don't even know OnePlus :) they ask me, "is it a phone? maybe you mean Oppo?" But everybody knows Samsung, iPhone and Huawei , because there so many ads everywhere, and they hire the most expensive celebrities to promote, the most expensive billboards, the most expensive shelves at tech stores, they even advertise on Forbes and most of local TV channels :))

8. Speedlover777
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2019

9. Moin2200
    KitKat Apr 15, 2019

10. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

yeah, that could be location dependent. companies tend to advertise at places where they think they will have more business.

RandomUserOne likes this.
  11. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

lets hope they surprise us with at least one model.

12. aziim
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2019

aziim , Apr 15, 2019 :
    yup
    im from Malaysia, not even single billboard,, even we have HTC billboard here few years back

Speedlover777 likes this.
  13. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 15, 2019

malidan , Apr 15, 2019 :
    Agreed on the Youtubers and bloggers, their into those heavily.
    I watched a OP7 leak this morning and the guy said it looks like it will be an Incredible phone. I'm struggling to see what exactly will be incredible, as it won't even have a 3.5mm phone jack.:confused:

TheSpoken and Speedlover777 like this.
  14. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

aren't they paid to say that? and keep the device free of cost after reviewing?

15. aziim
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2019

aziim , Apr 15, 2019 :
    many users following those tech review now,, thats why several company give youtube reviewer early device for them to review, even invite them for launching day
    few years back it is a good option for us,, now its has become a marketing gimmick

malidan likes this.
  16. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 15, 2019

malidan , Apr 15, 2019 :
    They are indeed.:tired:

17. Charanpreet_88
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2019

18. RandomUserOne
    Eclair Apr 15, 2019

RandomUserOne , Apr 15, 2019 :
    yes, yes they are.

19. Auxqii
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2019

Auxqii , Apr 16, 2019 :
    [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

20. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2019

Discostu , Apr 16, 2019 :
    What is your point exactly?

Everyone who reviews a device on YouTube or in a blog, regardless of manufacturer, will then be subject to the bias you are implying exists. For any normal person they would watch/read review(s), consider the feedback and then weigh up their decision making process based on many other factors, including testing a device instore if possible.

Also how in the world does a 3.5mm headphone jack make a phone incredible? Would this mean that the newly released Galaxy Fold is not incredible because it lacks one too?