OnePlus 7 Discussion & Rumors

1. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 16, 2019

DARTH 007 , Apr 16, 2019 :
    definitely yes.
    one of them is right here in this forum.

2. puneetakajerry
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2019

puneetakajerry , Apr 16, 2019 :
    when will we get to know the dates of oneplus 7 launch event in delhi? and will it be in delhi this time or not?

3. f1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2019

f1982 , Apr 16, 2019 :
    Whilst I agree with you on pretty much everything there, the headphone jack was not removed to make room for the fingerprint sensor. It was removed to increase demand for their newly released wireless headphones, on the gamble that with almost all other phone manufacturers doing the same before them it would not be seen as unreasonable.
    I don't think it's unreasonable from a business perspective to go down that route. But it was never about space. Multiple other manufacturers who have kept the 'jack manage to package it all, so OP could have if they wanted. When they removed the jack from the design, they then had extra space to play with so they used it for other things. That's why the fingerprint scanner tech is in that space. They wouldn't just leave valuable space empty.

4. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Apr 16, 2019

5. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 16, 2019

malidan , Apr 16, 2019 :
    Every reviewer subject to bias?
    The line of talk wasn't about personal bias it was about hype, exaggeration, misinformation.

The Galaxy Fold is an incredible phone and it doesn't require paid hype to inflate its credentials
    There will be nothing incredible about the OP7, anything it will have has already been on the market for almost a year( pop -up ).
    The software like all other custom roms too many bugs.:rolleyes:

6. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 16, 2019

meatandy likes this.
  7. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2019

Discostu , Apr 16, 2019 :
    There is hype, misinformation and exaggeration before and during every device or consumer item coming to market. This is hardly limited to OnePlus. In fact I seem to recall Samsung paying bloggers and youtubers a few years ago.

So why did you mention the headphone jack in the same sentence as the OP7 not being incredible? You made a connection and implication as though it was as must have feature and something which makes a device "incredible"

D1555455654506 likes this.
  8. Cheetosdust

meatandy likes this.
  9. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 16, 2019

malidan , Apr 16, 2019 :
    Tru, tru, a total u-turn on everything previously said.

10. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2019

This is such a typical throwaway comment. Every other OEM has bugs in their own software, even samsung.

11. f1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2019

f1982 , Apr 16, 2019 :
    Said by who? OnePlus? Hardly surprising that their marketing, in the same way as Apples, did not come out with 'we were courageous to remove headphone jack but we did it to sell more airpods.'

12. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 16, 2019

malidan , Apr 16, 2019 :
    Are you going to talk sense are continue to talk rubbish.
    Nobody has hype, exaggeration or misinformation at the level OP does, because nobody floods the market with free devices as OP do.
    You seem to remember Samsung paying Youtubers,:rolleyes:
    Well Youtubers have spoken of being delisted for mentioning issues and guys who didnt review/ rate OP's speak highly now they have a free one.

Irony.:D

A headphone jack won't make any device incredible, neither will a Pop-up camera.:tearsofjoy:

13. Rey1+
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2019

14. Rey1+
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2019

15. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2019

I'm talking rubbish? You post this linking a headphone jack to somehow making a phone "incredible".
    Yes there is and will always be misinformation and shady / poor practices regarding new consumer products. This is not limited to phones. But while on the subject, what about Huawei and their rigging of devices for bench marking? You bang on about how amazing they are in other threads and yet they too have a shonky history.

You are talking about it as if it is unique to OnePlus. It is not.

This is how advertising works, whether it be in a youtube video, written article, TV advert or billboard. Every company will do everything in their power to make their product appear great. It is up to the consumer to make the decision based on proper due diligence.

D1555455654506 and f1982 like this.
  16. Brownz
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2019

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019

17. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 16, 2019

malidan , Apr 16, 2019 :
    Lol OP use to mock all that removed the Headphone Jack, until it was time to cash in.
    Naughty OP.:)

18. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 16, 2019

malidan , Apr 16, 2019 :
    Who posted like a headphone Jack would make a ph one incredible?
    You can go out and buy £30 phone and will have a headphone jack.:tearsofjoy: Your so butthurt you cant see the woods for the trees.

You must ne mad to talk of Benckmark cheating, OP have been caught benchmark cheating more than any other OEM and said they would not stop as they wanted their customers to see their ultimate performance.:tearsofjoy:
    Pre loading
    Locking CPU to 100% to launch the calculator
    Raising safe thermal limits to avoid throttling.
    Reducing amination to below OS presets
    And what do we have now Gaming mode turning itself on whilst running benchmark( as seen on Speed test G)
    And you speak of cheating:tired:
    All these thing to give the impression of superior performance, but now everyone has cottoned on where are they now?
    Back in the pack.
    The most recent XDA tests showed they were still cheating

You can tell you haven't been here long because back when the OPO was released, OP fans Were laughing saying Huawei was rubbish well no one is laughing now with OP way behind and struggling to match an Honor.

Sooooooo much butthurt kid, its embarrassing.
    3.5mm Phone Jack makes a phone incredible, even a 5 year old would have seen the sarcasm in that statement.
    Have you forgotten the way OP and fans were championing it this time last year?:rolleyes:
    The year before?
    The year before that when LeEco introduced CDLA, what now a whimper because OP saw fit to remove it. Now people who said if OP removed they would buy are still buying:tearsofjoy:

That I find incredible.

You must enjoy a weekly butt whipping.

There will be NOTHING INCREDIBLE about the OP7, it all been seen already and the OP7 won't have half of it.

19. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2019

You did. Or are you so ignorant of what you type that you can't even understand what you say? Lets read it again shall we:
    You have proved my point. Every manufacturer at one point of another spouts rubbish, fudges the books or does something not in the favour of the consumer. I completely agree with you and know entirely about OnePlus faking benchmarks.

Do not call me kid. The very thought that I could be in any way related to you fills my stomach with bile.

You must enjoy your daily rubbish posting. Its so frequent half the forum have blocked you and even Mods recommend you be blocked. I guess you don't like new blood coming onto the forums and speaking up against your daily spew of rubbish, shame that.

20. Cheetosdust