OnePlus 7 Discussion & Rumors

1. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Apr 17, 2019

Liehjan , Apr 17, 2019 :
    I like this new strategy a lot, one cheaper version with compromises to keep the price down.and one expensive version for the ones who can afford it.

2. Brownz
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2019

Brownz , Apr 17, 2019 :
    cheeky plug [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

meatandy likes this.
  3. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 17, 2019

meatandy , Apr 17, 2019 :
    You don't know me very well . :D

4. Moin2200
    KitKat Apr 17, 2019

Moin2200 , Apr 17, 2019 :
    I might just click on my own link to see if that works. ;)

meatandy likes this.
  5. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 17, 2019

meatandy , Apr 17, 2019 :
    Been there done that , It doesn't.;)

6. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Apr 17, 2019

Topper_Gas , Apr 17, 2019 :
    It'll be interesting to see how cheap the cheaper version is and how expensive the expensive version is, I guess the difference will have to be €150/200 or everyone will just trade up to the Pro version, but then that puts it in S10/P30 territory.

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus likes this.
  7. SRVisGod24
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2019

SRVisGod24 , Apr 17, 2019 :
    OnePlus could be onto something if the Pro can stay below $800. Anywhere near that, and it's too close to the flagships. Especially since it probably won't have wireless charging (slow I know, but I like the convenience) or an official IP rating.

Hopefully they've also found a way to get better third party support for accessories. Seems like with every OnePlus device release, you have to wait ages to find cases. Only being able to buy cases from OnePlus at launch isn't the best option to me. Since the quality of their cases have been very hit or miss. With the Pro having the supposed curved screen, case support needs to be a priority!

8. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 17, 2019

DARTH 007 , Apr 17, 2019 :
    who are the hardcore fans ?
    most of the fans and the mods here not upgrading their phones.
    so how can outsiders be called fans

9. Moin2200
    KitKat Apr 17, 2019

Moin2200 , Apr 17, 2019 :
    “Hardcore fans” is a loose term also described as “power user” people who wants the latest and greatest and don’t mind the price. This forum is filled with them, we shouldn’t only count the frequent users or mods.

And who are the “outsiders”? People who aren’t part of the forum? Should you really be a part of the forum to be a fan? I’ve met a lot of people outside of the forum in pop up events who are very passionate about oneplus but don’t use social media or forum.
    I would call them fans.

Liehjan, Discostu and dsmonteiro like this.
  10. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Apr 17, 2019

Topper_Gas , Apr 17, 2019 :
    If that's the case why are they buying OnePlus devices if they don't mind the price, surely you buy an OP device as you wanted value for money

11. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member Apr 17, 2019

dsmonteiro , Apr 17, 2019 :
    I have to say I buy OnePlus devices for far more reasons than just the price: Oxygen OS is, at least for me, the best Android OS out there, which really matters to me. Value, which is different than price, is quite good, which also matters to me a lot. Then there's build quality, overall performance...

UmairBhayat and Liehjan like this.
  12. johnhart
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2019

johnhart , Apr 18, 2019 :
    1. I've been begging for different phones at different price points for years now. Thank you OP. The easiest way to lure in new customers is the way I came in -- a how bad can it be $399 phone.

2. Right now Chinese OEMS are having a cheap phone war around $300. I don't believe OnePlus has to jump into that but instead offer a flagship version of said phones for... $399. If they don't, they'll lose this entire market... which is where everything is going at the first whiff of recession... and things are getting whiffy.

13. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 18, 2019

DARTH 007 , Apr 18, 2019 :
    for those looking for value for money,they should buy the 6T fast as long as stock lasts.
    bcos the 7 will be more expensive than the 6T...both are almost the same phone.
    7 pro is in a different league of its own and it's going to be very expensive,let's see if OnePlus gives all the features as are coming out in the rumours.
    for me I'm sold on a notch less and bigger screen,90hz refresh rate.
    with these specs it should hold good at least for the next 3 yrs

14. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Apr 18, 2019

Liehjan , Apr 18, 2019 :
    There is a huge graphics performance difference between SD845 and SD855 for the PUBG players:p

15. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Apr 18, 2019

Discostu , Apr 18, 2019 :
    Price is going to be very important on the "pro" model. If it is inline with other current flagships then there may not be incentive for people to buy it over a Huawei or samsung equivalent.

If however they undercut them by a few hundred dollars then it could be compelling. Time will tell....

f1982 likes this.
  16. Rey1+
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2019

Rey1+ , Apr 18, 2019 :
    How many hz is oneplus OnePlus 3t display?
    and ive heard that OnePlus 7 will be 90Hz ( smoooth)

17. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 18, 2019

DARTH 007 , Apr 18, 2019 :
    it's a combination of hardware and software that makes it smooth.
    present OnePlus devices are still not upto the mark in terms of smoothnes.
    many complaining about pubg crashes,
    but the blind OnePlus fans are blaming it on the game developer.
    and if you speak against it, the moderator or I should say a group of moderators will come and find out faults in your previous posts and will try to ban you.
    let see how they optimise the 7 pro.

Rey1+ likes this.
  18. f1982

f1982 , Apr 18, 2019 :
    Yeah, those look like the general consensus of what fans want in the next phone. I'm particularly happy to see my two biggest requests - a bigger battery and a higher refresh rate screen. The two features that would genuinely make the phone better to use. The problem is if all the rumours are true, then these are the specs of a 'Pro' version. At which point you have to ask if it will be too expensive - ie in the same price bracket as the established flagships P30Pro, S10 and such. If at the same price, would that many people spend $1000+ on a oneplus phone? We'll have to see.

19. f1982

f1982 , Apr 18, 2019 :
    Exactly. Price will be key. They won't be able to realistically make a phone that's better than the top of the line flagships, so it will have to be a few hundred $ less.
    Same applies to the standard model too. Without the pressure to push the specs (since that's what they have the Pro for) they may not put as much high end stuff in the standard 7 as they would have otherwise. But I doubt they'll reduce the cost. In which case, will the standard OP7 be slightly overpriced compared to the many other choices in the 'affordable flagship' range? It may be that you can get more for the same money elsewhere.
    I'm excited to find out.

Discostu likes this.
  20. Moin2200
    KitKat Apr 18, 2019

script likes this.