OnePlus 7 Discussion & Rumors

1. meatandy Nougat Jan 18, 2019

meatandy, Jan 18, 2019 :
    By selling it yourself and buying the 7 .

2. OnePlus_Pat Cupcake Jan 18, 2019

OnePlus_Pat, Jan 18, 2019 :
    - Better Rear Camera
    - Adjustable level of blur in the portrait mode
    - Better speakers (Dual speakers)
    - Improved fingerprint scanner
    - More secure face ID

I don't mind the teardrop notch at all. I hope they won't go with the trend of a punch hole front camera or a sliding camera just for the sake of it being notch less. I don't really get the punch hole Samsung is doing, located in the top side corner. It doesn't look good and pretty annoying looking at a screen or watching a video with a tiny dot or hole in it. IF (hopefully not) they do follow the trend, I hope they put it in the middle.

And lastly, I hope price doesn't increase a lot. I hope it still remains at 499-599 range. I don't mind if its not IP certified or does not have wireless charging, because its just a feature that in my opinion we don't really need. As we all know OnePlus phones are water resistant already and as long as we have warp charging on the next phone that is what's important. Stay true to the OnePlus identity of being a mid range level smartphone flagship killer;)

3. Wilfred.jp Cupcake Jan 19, 2019

Wilfred.jp, Jan 19, 2019 :
    l'm excited for oneplus 7.Personally I think it will be slider mechanism similar to Honor magic 2.

4. nenjih Cupcake Jan 20, 2019

nenjih, Jan 20, 2019 :
    I'd really like it if the OP7/7T sticks to what is most practical/useful rather than go for the latest trends.

Disclaimer: I'm mainly looking for a phone with a good camera and can run graphic intensive games.

My wishlist is fairly practical (this is on top of the already great features of the 6T):
    1. long battery life - keep to a 1080p screen. Really, I can't tell the difference between FHD and QHD on a 6inch screen, but I KNOW there is a difference to battery life and framerates. Yes you can always put in a bigger battery, but that just increases the weight, and I'd rather take the increase to battery life
    2. go back to an aluminium body. That's because glass is horrible for conducting heat, and the phone needs to offload a lot of heat when gaming. Glass is also heavier. And it doesn't survive drops well so we have to protect it in a phone case anyway, offsetting any aesthetics it might have ... so seriously, what's the point?
    3. second camera with optical zoom and OIS
    4. improved night photo capabilities

Other nice to haves:
    - a second selfie camera that is wide-angle for taking group selfies (but this can be achieved with a wide angle lens accessory)
    - 3.5mm headphone jack
    - water and dust resistance (but this tends to interfere with the heat dissipation of the phone - if so then I can live without it, don't want my battery to degrade too quickly)

Things I can live without:
    - wireless charging. It doesn't work well with an aluminium body anyway. Besides I like dash charging, a lot. Fast charge while gaming? Really nifty feature. Now if you can do DASH wireless charging, that's another story.
    - QHD screen (see above)
    - having a notch
    - the quest for ever thinner bezels

Vandy0004 likes this.
  5. buntycubal Lollipop Jan 20, 2019

Attached Files:

6. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 21, 2019

f1982, Jan 21, 2019 :
    Believe me, they will have enough 'innovation' to facilitate a 7T. Their business model is built on 6 month refreshes.

7. Raj@preet Cupcake Jan 22, 2019

Raj@preet, Jan 22, 2019 :
    Bad it is pal..Slider should be doomed

8. Raj@preet Cupcake Jan 22, 2019

Raj@preet, Jan 22, 2019 :
    Bigger battery and definitely not a slider phone. 12GB RAM also

9. the_o2 Lollipop Jan 22, 2019

the_o2, Jan 22, 2019 :
    The only rumours I'm looking forward is,
    It will be more costlier than 6T nothing else :p:p

10. the_o2 Lollipop Jan 22, 2019

11. drummer79 Eclair Jan 22, 2019

drummer79, Jan 22, 2019 :
    for me the game changer is dual speakers! and maybe do the hole punch to keep up with all the other phones that will come out in 2019. but wireless charging I have never really cared about.

Last minute thought! Expandable Storage!!!!!!!!!
    If OnePlus added these 2 things, that would be my Near Perfect phone.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019

gerardvanschip likes this.
  12. lutti KitKat Jan 22, 2019

lutti, Jan 22, 2019 :
    Why only that little? No reason not to at least double that. :rolleyes:

13. the_o2 Lollipop Jan 22, 2019

the_o2, Jan 22, 2019 :
    Because my Moto G1 has that much storage :p:p

lutti likes this.
  14. lutti KitKat Jan 22, 2019

lutti, Jan 22, 2019 :
    I hope OnePlus would step out of that memory competition they stepped in quite recently. The extra memory you don't use don't do anything good for you.

the_o2 likes this.
  15. the_o2 Lollipop Jan 22, 2019

the_o2, Jan 22, 2019 :
    Agree with you,
    Well discussing the same in a different thread :):)

16. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 23, 2019

superplus, Jan 23, 2019 :
    As @meatandy pointed out, someone already beat you to it by nearly three months ;) As you can see there's already a substantial amount of discussion in this thread, so I've merged your thread with the existing speculation thread, please continue your discussion here.

meatandy likes this.
  17. yashwant24 Donut Jan 23, 2019

yashwant24, Jan 23, 2019 :
    then what do you say about 6t

18. DSS18 Honeycomb Jan 23, 2019

DSS18, Jan 23, 2019 :
    yeah I do agree. 8gb of memory is plenty, that's what I have in both my desktop and laptop and the run just fine. no reason aphone should need more.

19. gerardvanschip Honeycomb Jan 23, 2019

gerardvanschip, Jan 23, 2019 :
    Using swap space is slow so for your desktop you should always have enough fly the apps you use. All my systems have 32gb.

20. G_Rahul_Joshi_ynhH Cupcake Jan 24, 2019

G_Rahul_Joshi_ynhH, Jan 24, 2019 :
    Hello @TeamOne Plus!

So this thread is all about One Plus 7 where all the One Plus Community Members or previous OP Users will be sharing their future expectations for Coming Flashing OP7.

One Plus7:

1) In my opinion, I'm not expecting anything what's going around these days (sliding mech.) ufffff! no please!

2) Let's talk about something Introducery: How about Adding a Hologram [e]1f60d[/e]...Let others follow the milestone.

3) Foldable Display? Noooooo, Not looking for this change.
    We are absolutely fine with what we have currently.

4) Gesture Controls; Yeah, More of it...Eye Movement Controls...

These are just few Innovative steps which we are looking for especially from ONE PLUS!

@All The Best @TeamOnePlus

@OPCommunityIndia

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019

csrcsr07 and Z1528253389790 like this.