OnePlus 7 Gallery is empty since OS update

1. Apor Kiss
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2019

Apor Kiss , Jul 4, 2019 :
    Hi all, since yesterday's OxygenOS update to 9.5.6 my Gallery is empty, only newly taken photos are shown there. What I expect there is the content of DCIM/Camera folder, as usual.
    DCIM/Camera folder has several images taken before yesterday.
    What I've tried but did not solve the issue:
    • clear data of Gallery app + restart phone
    • clear data of Media Storage system app + restart phone
    • there is no .nomedia file under DCIM, nor in DCIM/Camera -> also cannot be as the newly taken images are showing up
    Interesting thing is, if I open an image under DCIM/Camera with File manager, than that one shows up in the Gallery, but still disappears after phone restart.

Do you know about this issue, or a quick way to solve it?
    I do not wish to do a factory reset, this must be an issue related to the OS update.
    Phone is a OnePlus 7, not Pro.
    Thank you in advance!

2. Apor Kiss
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2019

Apor Kiss , Jul 4, 2019 :
    Hi all, I have a solution for this.
    Thanks Bobby D (from OP Bug Hunters) for the hint, if this happens also with Google Photos. Google Photos was not set on my phone intentionally as I want to stick with the Gallery app. After updating and starting Photos for the first time on this device, still the newer images showed up when media scanning finished. After waiting a bit more all images appeared, also in Gallery app. Photos auto-sync remained off during this whole flow. Also Drive integration is off. The Photos app might triggered the full scan that affected the behaviour of Gallery app? Anyway, the issue is solved now.