Oneplus 7 not accepting password after restart even after entering the correct password

1. ganesh4195
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

ganesh4195 , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Hello Oneplus Team

When i Restarted my phone ,it asked for password .I entered the correct password.which surely the correct one.But it says wrong password.Only option is factory reset,in which i lose all data
    This is the second time im facing the issue.
    when i searched online many says there is bug .please work on this
    update: Not taking password only in recovery mode

Regards
    Ganesh

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019

mantacr likes this.
  2. I1570380727379
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2019

I1570380727379 , Nov 19, 2019 :
    I also faced the same issue in my oneplus 7 pro
    I was trying to add my face data and it prompted me to enter the password, upon entering the settings app crashed
    I reopened settings app to do the above steps again and it crashed again

Then I thought to restart my phone, only to find myself unable to get into phone as it doesn't accept password. When I entered correct password it gets in (for 1 sec) and then goes back to lock screen
    if I entered incorrect password it tells incorrect pin, so the behaviour is different to wrong pin

I tried to enter password in recovery mode, then it starts decrypting then within a sec , phone vibrates and goes back to password entry in recovery mode

going to service center, they said they don't have any fix for this and just did phone reset by reinstalling OS to 10.0.1

as per the guy who did OS restore, he said it could be possible that over WiFi automatic OS update faced some issue that caused this problem

but I'm not convinced that phone will install OS update on its own. I can understand phone auto downloading the update file but it shouldn't prompt and ask user to install an update. however there's no proof to say that this issue occurred due to automatic OS update (apparently 10.0.2) was rolled out yesterday

thanks
    Amit

ganesh4195 and mantacr like this.
  3. mantacr
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2019

mantacr , Nov 26, 2019 :
    I just came across this issue, my phone ran off battery so I went ahead and plugged it in and when it started It was no longer accepting my PIN. the PIN I was using is the correct one since it doesn't say "wrong password" when I type it in and I see when the phone unlocks for less than a second and then it gets locked again. Had to do a factory reset.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019

ganesh4195 likes this.
  4. sijuvrm
    Donut Nov 26, 2019

sijuvrm , Nov 26, 2019 :
    Same issue faced by me today on Oneplus 7. Entering correct PIN won't unlock and even recovery will not accept correct PIN. Visited Oneplus Service Center and they did Factory Reset as they told there is no other way to use phone again. Lost all my data as I recently transferred all my backup from old phone to new Oneplus 7. Its just 7 days old, Very bad experience.

At service center they said its Software issue and maybe caused by a faulty Update, back end team is working to fix it. Now I am thinking not to use a PIN at all, will use Pattern or fingerprint.