Oneplus 7 pro 5g EE screen replacement. via OnePlus Community App

1. CosminOlteanu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2020

CosminOlteanu , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 4, 2020 :
    1585971694667.jpg

I've just got back my op7pro5g.. They've changed the screen, this is what I first got on the email, but they changed the motherboard aswell.. New imei..
    Now I have a sim slot for 2 sims but unfortunately I can't use both.. Only the first one..
    The first problem it's with the screen itself.. I can see on low brightness where is the fingerprint sensor especially on black/dark background...
    Before I wasn't able to see it, no matter what lvl of brightness I had.
    At the moment I took a picture with a shitty phone but it's still visible.. I'll do another picture with a better camera so I can show in a picture almost what I see irl.
    Beside the fingerprint sensor I can see like some layers dripping down (like butter when you don't spread it perfect on the slice.. In some parts I see more blackish than other places..
    Total of the service was 184£..
    I can't really afford to send again the device..
    I need my phone near me, as I do many things with it..

From what I can see the only solution it's to get a deal to trade my phone for a new one.. As I don't want to spend time with the phone on the planes going to the service for every problem..
    I've already lost my bank account login details as it was showing me I don't have an online account while I have.. Spent 3 hours yesterday to get in touch with Barclays to sent me new login details which will take 5 days to get them.. Until then I'm locked out from my own money..

Saying again.. The only solution which I see it's to get a new Sealed phone.
    Anyone faced this problem? How you've solved it.
    (I'm a oneplus fan since oneplus 3t. I had 3t, 5t, 6, 7pro 5gg)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020

oryanol likes this.
  2. CosminOlteanu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2020

Attached Files:

3. oryanol , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 5, 2020 :
    I think they actually replaced your device with another one. The 7 Pro 5G uk version does not have a 2 SIM slots and changing the motherboard does not affect that, so this clearly show you have a whole other device. For banking you would obviously have some issues especially with Barclays which makes it a pain to reinstall its apps when changing devices. I am sorry for your experience

CosminOlteanu likes this.
  4. CosminOlteanu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2020

CosminOlteanu , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 5, 2020 :

oryanol

I think they actually replaced your device with another one. The 7 Pro 5G uk version does not have a 2 SIM slots and changing the motherboard does not affect that, so this clearly show you have a whole other device. For banking you would obviously have some issues especially with Barclays which makes it a pain to reinstall its apps when changing devices. I am sorry for your experience​

They changed the motherboard aswell, which maybe I can say thanks but it's still a 5G, with only 1 slot, like I had.. Only the tray sim it's a normal one.. No issue there. But...

I've got it from EE. Obviously.. Since I have the 5G variant which in uk it's from EE.
    The fingerprint sensor and the "parts of glue" how I can describe them are visible in dark environment with the brightness almost at minimum lvl. Something which wasn't before.. Isn't the end of the world.. But for this phone I paid and I'll pay in total - 50£ upfront + (80x24)1920£ + 184£ screen change = total of 2154£
    I know it's included the pay monthly benefits from EE, but this was the only choice to take if I wanted the 5G variant.
    So for a total of 2154£ with the screen changed + I'm a oneplus fan since 3T which I bought from oneplus.net.
    And after I went for oneplus 5T and oneplus 6
    Now with the total of the oneplus 7 pro of more than 2000£ I'd like to have it Perfect.. Don't you think so?