Network/Connectivity OnePlus 7 Pro 5g Sprint Band 71 Capable?

1. vegetapinkshirt
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2020

vegetapinkshirt , Feb 26, 2020 :
    Hello!

So recently I was able to get a good deal on The OnePlus 7 Pro 5G via sprint and I was wondering if it supports Tmobile's Band 71 (600mhz). I was trying to figure out if it will support it once the Sprint-Tmobile merger goes through. I was able to check out band71.batcave.net and it looks like it can support it, but I'm not quite certain (I'll leave a photo with it; tmobile version on top and sprint on bottom). Any help with this quandary would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Louis

Attached Files:

2. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 26, 2020

3. vegetapinkshirt
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2020

After doing some more research I believe it is their band for 5G.

4. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 26, 2020

Best Answer
    GeekOnTheHill , Feb 26, 2020 :
    It is. But the footnote may say something regarding band support support on different "variants" of the phone (or more accurately in this case, versions with different carrier firmware). Or not.

Many carrier-locked phones are hardware-identical to unlocked phones sold for those markets; but the carriers may (or may not) artificially disable bands that they or their roaming partners don't use. Doing so makes the phones, even if carrier-unlocked, less useful on other carriers' networks because they no longer have full band compatibility, even though they have the hardware.

I have no idea whether that's the case here, however.

Richard

vegetapinkshirt likes this.
  5. vegetapinkshirt
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2020

Ah, thanks! I believe that it might be supported it via hardware, but sprint may have it locked down for the time being.

Louis

GeekOnTheHill likes this.