ONEPLUS 7 PRO 5G -SPRINT (SIM unlock rooted phone.

1. sonnyhaze
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2020

2. L1594680868432
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2020

L1594680868432 , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Y qué tal te fué?

3. goldyfruit
    Donut Aug 6, 2020

goldyfruit , Aug 6, 2020 :
    In addition to this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/discussion-oneplus-7-pro-5g-rom-gsi-t4042583

Same story than you for me, bough the phone on eBay (unlock from SIM only), Sprint branded...
    I first used the link you pasted to unlock the bootloader and then I used the link I pasted.

Worked like a charm, I'm able to OEM unlock, receive the latest OOS and works with my LTE network.

Md_Himel likes this.
  4. DanBG90
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

5. goldyfruit
    Donut Aug 13, 2020

goldyfruit , Aug 13, 2020 :
    The process is not easy but if you have a Windows laptop (which was not my case, I'm a Linux user) everything should be fine if you follow properly the instructions.

6. DanBG90
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

DanBG90 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    @goldyfruit Thank you for replying! When it comes to the European software on the phone, what version of Oxygen OS is it currently up to for you? Just out of curiosity.

7. goldyfruit
    Donut Aug 14, 2020

goldyfruit , Aug 14, 2020 :
    The debrand appends with the Android 9 version which impact the non-detection of the 5G part (it's a known "issue") but the system will detect an available update (because you will be connected to your Wi-Fi) to OxygenOS 10.0.7 which is the latest for EU (cf. https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-for-the-oneplus-7-pro-and-oneplus-7.1269796/).

8. Alvarojflorez
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2020

Alvarojflorez , Aug 18, 2020 :
    So after you flash the EU firmware, can the OEM unlock toggle in developer options be enabled?

Alvarojflorez likes this.
  10. sonnyhaze
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2020

sonnyhaze , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 19, 2020 :
    How were you able to SIM UNLOCK? I got screwed on ebay and Sprint put it straight into lockdown mode.

No WIFI with a constant reminder to pay bill or return phone. I called Sprint and they won't even let me pay it off. I don't even know how much is owed. I called at least 7 times bc Ive heard of people doing this. In the past at least...

The only way I can use it is if I unlock bootloader and root it. Or flash European version. BUT both methods still leave OEM UNLOCK in Developer MENU still greyed OUT. So was your device already SIM Unlocked from Sprint?

I tried calling again recently and it's even more F-ed up now. Bc now that they've merged with T-MOBILE all the numbers I used to call to unlock it take me straight to T-MOBILE now. And I have T-mobile and they are clueless about what to do and can't help me.

I am able to use WiFi now since I flashed it but that's it. I did recoup most of my $. In the end it cost me $40, so I use it as like Media Player so I don't waste the battery on my main phone but there must be another way...

Any ideas?

11. stangweb
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2020

stangweb , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Sep 4, 2020 :
    I also have the Sprint 5G version. It is one of the better phones I've ever had, and at the same time it's one of the worst phones I've had !! Seems as if updates and support are far and few between!! It's like it's the adopted stepchild that they want to forget about .

Snakeyes80 likes this.
  12. Artemus.
    Nougat Sep 4, 2020

Artemus. , Sep 4, 2020 :
    You must be new to carrier-branded phones...

13. stangweb
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2020

stangweb , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Sep 4, 2020 :
    No I've had them all along . I just got spoiled by the Essential ph-1. I was able to side load updates super easy!

14. Artemus.
    Nougat Sep 4, 2020

Artemus. , Sep 4, 2020 :
    There's a major difference between a carrier supporting the phone and a carrier directly selling the phone. In this case, Sprint is in charge of pushing updates... and they got slurped up by T-Mo.

stangweb likes this.
  15. sonnyhaze
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2020

sonnyhaze , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 8, 2020 :
    Dude if you flash it to the international version version you will lose all Sprint b.s. and get regular updates or use Oxygen updater.
    Also, you'll gain access to the secondary sim slot. To use it just pick up a dual sim tray off Amazon.

16. Snakeyes80
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2020

Snakeyes80 , Sep 9, 2020 :
    Hey everybody! I’m new in this forum. I’m out of the US. Recently I bought a Oneplus 7 Pro 5G in my country and I just realized that this is a Sprint branded phone. It works great with my service provided but I would like to install a recent ROM downloaded from Oneplus website and get rid of some applications like carrier hub, and have the latest version of OxygenOS. Is it possible to do this on a sprint branded phone?

17. stangweb
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2020

stangweb , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Sep 9, 2020 :
    If you find a way let me know .

Snakeyes80 likes this.
  18. sonnyhaze
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2020

sonnyhaze , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 15, 2020 :
    Yeah install the international version with msmtool.

19. stangweb
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2020

20. sonnyhaze
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2020

sonnyhaze , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 15, 2020 :
    Haha breaks what? This is a 5G phone which will never again work on Sprint/T-Mobile's 5G network. T-Mobile scrapped Sprints 5G service. It won't work on T-Mobile 5G EVER. Look it up if you like....
    Sprint is really just holding you back. You are missing a lot of functionality bc carrier phones come with bloatware that limit the features of the phone.
    This is a dual sim phone. In fact ALL versions of the Oneplus 7 Pros has dual sim hardware built in. Usually flashing to international unlocks the second sim. I know on the tmobile model it did for sure. I just haven't gotten that far.
    Wouldn't you rather have a Oneplus 7 Pro coming straight from the manufacturer. That's what the International version is.
    Anyone whose ever used a carrier phone knows updates are months behind of the unlocked version. Now with this merger who knows if they will keep pushing new updates for Sprint.
    I used the msmtool flashed it to the international version.
    If for some reason you want to go back to the way things were you can always download the proper files and use msmtool to flash back to Sprint.
    --------------------------------------------
    If your pissed bc you paid a lot of money for 5G that doesn't work read this:

https://www.tmonews.com/2020/04/t-mobile-offer-deals-owners-older-sprint-5g-phones-merges-networks/
    It's the real deal as stated in the article I traded in my HTC 5G Hub for a $300 bill credit from T-Mobile. This applies to all 5G devices purchased by sprint before the merger.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020

Snakeyes80 likes this.