2. K.Krishna75
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2019

K.Krishna75 , Sep 12, 2019 :

3. Z1569694461534
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2019

4. qysnolan
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

qysnolan , Oct 25, 2019 :
    It may not work in dark environment. I found that toggle forth and back adaptive brightness setting seems the dark environment issue.

5. jmanes
    Eclair Oct 26, 2019

jmanes , Oct 26, 2019 :
    Yep this fixed it for me ... I don't understand why.

6. mb.1988
    Froyo Oct 26, 2019

mb.1988 , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 26, 2019 :
    Guys...i have actually figured out a way to make the Ambient Display working again.

Initially i was also facing this issue on OnePlus 7T that the Ambient Display would stop working randomly and then all of a sudden it would start working again.

HERE'S THE FIX:

CULPRIT: Proximity Sensor.

LOCATION: Just below the Front Camera. It you Flash a bright LED light you would see 2 small sensors on the screen it self.

HOW TO: Whenever your Ambient Display stops working-

1. Just turn off the display by pressing the power button once.

2. Now take a bright LED light preferably use another smartphone's LED Flashlight.

3. Just bring the light close to the proximity sensor, the turn on the display by pressing the power button then turn it off. Repeat this 2-3 times.

You will notice that the double tap to wake and raise to wake feature start working again.

Well mine did 3 out of 3 times.

It's basically the issue of the proximity sensor that need recalibration.

I hope someone from the OnePlus team is reading this and does the needful to fix this issue once and for all.

Till then keep trying my LED flashlight method to reactivate the Ambient Display.

View attachment 1165343

sogoten1985 likes this.
  7. jmanes
    Eclair Oct 26, 2019

jmanes , Oct 26, 2019 :
    Well this is certainly concerning.

8. gthing2264
    Froyo Oct 27, 2019

9. mb.1988
    Froyo Oct 27, 2019

mb.1988 , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 27, 2019 :
    I have actually figured out a way to make the Ambient Display working again.

Initially i was also facing this issue on OnePlus 7T that the Ambient Display would stop working randomly and then all of a sudden it would start working again.

HERE'S THE FIX:

CULPRIT: Proximity Sensor.

LOCATION: Just below the Front Camera. If you Flash a bright LED light you would see 2 small sensors on the screen itself.

HOW TO: Whenever your Ambient Display stops working-

1. Just turn off the display by pressing the power button once.

2. Now take a bright LED light, preferably use another smartphone's LED Flashlight.

3. Just bring the light close to the proximity sensor (1-2mm away) and hold it for 4-5 seconds, then turn on the display by pressing the power button then turn it off. Repeat this 2-3 times.

You will notice that the double tap to wake and raise to wake feature starts working again.

Well mine did 3 out of 3 times.

It's basically the issue of the proximity sensor that need recalibration.

I hope someone from the OnePlus team is reading this and does the needful to fix this issue once and for all.

Till then keep trying my LED flashlight method to reactivate the Ambient Display.

Hamzasabere and S1572290494212 like this.
  10. TheAviaturix
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2019

TheAviaturix , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Yup day one one using the phone. As it got darker ambient display functions stopped working for hours. Finally decided to expose it to brighter light from directly under a tube light. Weirdly enough,started working again. Still this problem needs a better fix.

jmanes likes this.
  11. jmanes
    Eclair Oct 28, 2019

Hamzasabere likes this.
  12. krims0n32
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2019

krims0n32 , Oct 29, 2019 :
    Are you 7Pro owners still having this issue? I have a 7T with this issue but if this has been a problem for you since May I will probably return the phone.

13. param316
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2019

param316 , Nov 4, 2019 :
    Go to settings & then into 'apps& notifications' & then click ' see all apps' & then click on three dots on top right corner & reset app preferences. Then restart the phone & if ur ambient settings are on from inside settings they will start to work again.

14. will1990
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2019

will1990 , Nov 18, 2019 :
    I've tried doing the flashlight method on my OP7 Pro but it doesn't seem to work, I also tried to reset the ambient settings with no luck either. Are others still experiencing issues?

Hamzasabere likes this.
  15. param316
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2019

16. BadBert
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

BadBert , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Worked like a charm for me!
    only thing is.... i can't turn of the horizon light?
    Turned it on to see what it did, but now the "OFF" choice is not there any more?! (only the different colors) OP7Tpro here

17. ThangVu
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2020

ThangVu , Feb 19, 2020 :
    Just use a flashlight in front of the phone, the ambdisplay working again

18. F_James_93
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2020

F_James_93 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    I am still having this issue and it's now April 2020. It's been almost a full year this was first reported there is is no fix released, and no response on this thread from OnePlus since May/June 2019. I love the brand but I'm going to have to get new phone. Thoroughly disappointed.

19. SamuelFonfria
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2020

SamuelFonfria , Apr 24, 2020 :
    For solving this problems i found an app for cheking the proximity sensor. The problem is not solved 100%, but the ambient display works better. I've removed the tempered glass and it helped a bit more. I haven't found a perfect solution yet

Hamzasabere likes this.