OnePlus 7 Pro battery/heating feedback thread

1. gconcepts
    Donut Jun 5, 2019

Sai reddy143 and Amrut_Roul like this.
  2. Rjdaigle
    Donut Jun 5, 2019

Rjdaigle , Jun 5, 2019 :
    Here's mine. Really loving this phone. This is from yesterday. Mostly had YouTube playing while I was working. And a little lite gaming.
    1559701446099.jpg

1559701446139.jpg
    Just FYI...I haven't updated yet. Still rocking the 9.5.1 it came with. Saw all the posts about the ghost touches while waiting for my phone to arrive. So kinda scared to update.

Sai KrishnaD and Amrut_Roul like this.
  3. mackmiller974
    Froyo Jun 5, 2019

4. mackmiller974
    Froyo Jun 5, 2019

mackmiller974 , Jun 5, 2019 :
    I've received 6 and half hours to 7 and half hours of screen on time each day. The phone is definitely a battery champ and this is with me using 90Hz QHD and 85% Screen Brightness

5. hotsauce
    Lollipop Jun 5, 2019

hotsauce , Jun 5, 2019 :
    Sot means nothing as what you do is more important than your screen simply be on. Just watch any battery test video on YouTube where people put the OP7 against other phones like the Huawei p30 pro and the s10 plus, the op7 always run out of battery before those other phones when performing similar tasks.

6. mackmiller974
    Froyo Jun 5, 2019

mackmiller974 , Jun 5, 2019 :
    I just watched a video the other day where the 7 Pro outlasted the S10+

Steven dawe and Sai KrishnaD like this.
  7. hotsauce
    Lollipop Jun 5, 2019

hotsauce , Jun 5, 2019 :
    I see your 1 video with no link and raise you 3 videos in 3 languages.

8. Rjdaigle
    Donut Jun 5, 2019

Rjdaigle , Jun 5, 2019 :
    I see your 3 videos and raise you with the fact that it doesn't matter what those other phones can do. I own the OP 7pro and am very happy with it's performance.

All kidding aside though, I really don't see the point of comparing phones I don't own with the one I do. I'm not going to send it back to replace it with another phone I don't like because it gets a few more minutes before I have to plug it in.

Steven dawe and Sai KrishnaD like this.
  9. hotsauce
    Lollipop Jun 5, 2019

hotsauce , Jun 5, 2019 :
    I have the op7 pro as well and I'm happy with it. I just don't feel the need to go out of my way to defend it whenever people said something not positive like it has average battery life. Which i believe it does when compared to its' peers.

Piggy97 likes this.
  10. abhinit mahajan
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2019

abhinit mahajan , Jun 5, 2019 :
    my one plus 7 pro is heating during charging immensely it's been a day since it's purchase, is it happening with everyone else and what to do ?

11. Narayan_Shrestha
    Froyo Jun 5, 2019

Narayan_Shrestha , Jun 5, 2019 :
    Yes it is normal. It takes around 80 - 90 min to charge from 0 - 100%.

12. Narayan_Shrestha
    Froyo Jun 5, 2019

Narayan_Shrestha , Jun 5, 2019 :
    With a massive screen and a high refresh rate screen brightness will have a major impact on battery. Guys having terrible battery life should turn off adaptive brightness and manually set as as per requirement. I am sure this will improve battery life significantly.

13. Karolios
    Froyo Jun 5, 2019

Karolios , Jun 5, 2019 :
    I cant say that mine heats up a lot during charging, but then again i am not using my phone while doing that. If you run some intense apps while charging i think its normal for the phone to heat up

14. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Jun 5, 2019

Cervantes , Jun 5, 2019 :
    Hi
    Thie battery thread is a thread of questions and/or commentary

Please, read the first post

You can use the search engine before opening a new thread
    https://forums.oneplus.com/help/terms
    Thread merged

Thank You, Cervantes, Forum Moderator

15. G_ItzHulkz_PvP_yCpl
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2019

G_ItzHulkz_PvP_yCpl , Jun 5, 2019 :
    The battery life for me is enough i get around 7 hours SOT with 90hz and auto switch. But the oneplus launcher uses alot of battery or i mean i think so if it has usually used around 10% before i charge it

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019

16. sergi71bdn
    Gingerbread Jun 5, 2019

sergi71bdn , Jun 5, 2019 :
    Is it just a problem with my OP7 Pro 8/256 or since the last update my phone burns every time I charge the battery for more than 30 minutes in a row? Are there many people with the same problem? Do I have to worry?

17. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 5, 2019

malidan , Jun 5, 2019 :
    Clear the cache for that app bro or you could always uninstall and reinstall if the is possible.
    Your not spending all your time scrolling through the system menus are you? As seems to be the only way to see the difference.;)

18. carlos.estepa
    Eclair Jun 5, 2019

carlos.estepa , Jun 5, 2019 :
    I see that many of the reviews are focus on how much time you can get from watching videos, web browsing, chatting, etc, but none of those are considering what about being in a bad coverage zone or how much signaling is the phone sending to the network. This is a real case scenario and one that on my own experience impacts the battery life a lot, when in the city my battery last at least 25% more than at home (20Km from downtown ).
    Normally the phone will try to connect to the higher speed network (i.e.LTE), but if the strength of the signal is not good, it will jump back and forward between 3G and LTE, this is also impacting battery life.

19. I1558436067746
    Eclair Jun 5, 2019

20. manimaarans
    Honeycomb Jun 5, 2019

manimaarans , Jun 5, 2019 :
    I second this. I have better battery life in My home than in my office because of her poor signal