OnePlus 7 Pro battery/heating feedback thread

1. Allancgx
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2020

Allancgx , Jan 25, 2020 :
    Hi! Are you guys still getting this awesome screen on time after updating to Andriod 10? I bought my phone in December 2019 and it's been giving me around 6-7 hours of SOT. I'm not sure if it's a software issue or a defect battery. I'm using 90HZ, Auto Switch Resolution, Oxygen OS 10.3.0GM21AA, single sim card.

I also feel that the battery drains fast when idling. dropping around 4-6% overnight with or without airplane mode on, which is very strange. Are you guys facing a similar issue? Thank you.

2. L1558132372146 likes this.
  3. tchoutchawn
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2020

tchoutchawn , Jan 27, 2020 :
    From what I see, the issue seems to come from the charge counter (the current mAh) in the 10.3.0.GM21AA version. While charging, the value doesn't seems to be updated correctly. This results in weird values like 2680mAh max charge on a 1 month old oneplus 7 Pro. The charger will report a full charge (100%) since the battery voltage reached max voltage but the charge counter will still show low values (worst I've seen was 2680 mAh @ 4.45V).
    This will result in a very fast battery drain (~15% in less than an hour while idle) and then normal drain for the rest of the cycle.

As I write this post, my phone is reporting 72% while only having 1537/4000 mAh. This is not normal on a 1 month old phone. Using this metric, a full charge would hold only 2135 mAh (almost a 50% wear on the battery).

The thing is: when the charge counter reach 0mAh (Android will display 1% Battery), the phone is still able run for about 40 minutes to 1.5 hours streaming videos with max brightness and audio.

As soon as AIDA reports N/A mAh on the charge counter, I start a video and let it run until the phone turns off. I was able to watch an entire movie one time on that 1% battery left.

Another hint that the issue seems to come from the charge counter and not the battery actual wear: The nominal voltage of this cell is 3.8V, so when the battery reach this voltage, it'll be at about 40% charge, even when the battery is old. The thing is: I've seen 0mAh and 1% battery while the voltage was still in the 3.9-4V.

IMHO, there's a bug in the charge counter algorithm and it's not accumulating the charge adequately so the power manager is acting up and giving weird results.

"Calibrating" the battery seems to work for a couple of days, but the problem comes back soon after.

Atantyo likes this.
  4. L1558132372146 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 27, 2020 :
    Tuan anh tran

hi guys, I am a new oneplus 7 pro owner. I changed from iphone xs max to this phone. I am not quite used to the term screen on time. Can you guys see if my battery is good, simce I only get around 5 hours of screen on time. attach is my status. I am on 9.5.11 with 90hz. I appreciate yours comments on my battery status. Thank you in advance.

View attachment 1114413

View attachment 1114412

I'm running Android 10: open beta 8, QHD, 90hz always on.There are many things that can effect SOT results: using WiFi only can be a plus, bad data signal connections, screen off timer setting, screen brightness setting, having the volume turned all the way up, apps that repeatedly attempt internet access or run constantly in the background, sometimes just having a power hungry app installed on your phone: bad app, etc. most likely it's not a bad battery, but something causing the battery to drain fast. Above are just some things to check before assuming it's a bad battery issue.

1580163182398.jpg

1580164161460.jpg

1580164786857.jpg

1580166830621.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020

5. man_abhi
    Froyo Jan 27, 2020

man_abhi , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 27, 2020 :
    As i can see here that you main battery usage is getting consumed by whatsapp, youtube, mx player and chrome. so you if i summeriz here you are just using video application most of the time.

In my OnePlus 7 with same apps like, whatsapp, airtel xstream, youtube, facebook and mx player i am getting more than 11 hours of SOT over somewhere 30 hours of usage (not sot but over all standby and all)

as per my point of view, it is a great battery life for 7 pro as it has 90HZ refresh rate.

forget to mention, i am also always on 4G volte data connected, with all time Bluetooth started and brightness on auto mode.

6. O1578234034326
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

7. dineshgigi
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

dineshgigi , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Hi,
    this is Dinesh ,.
    I am the family of One plus., past 3 years.
    now I am using new one plus 7 pro,.
    it's a good mobile series released with the smart technology.
    but I am not happy on the battery back while Running on Google maps. it's draining like a liquid.
    so try to sort it out.
    In 3 hours it's reached 35%from 97%.

regards,
    N.MD.Dinesh

8. David Turney , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 31, 2020 :

David Turney

This 7 pro is my first and probably last 1+ phone. The time I get to actively use the phone since charging fully has decreased to the point where I get about 5 hours of usage now. When new I got over 12 hours after a full charge. With each "upgrade" the battery lasted less and less time. The upgrade to 10 has had the most significant negative effect on the battery. I have carefully checked on a daily basis, since new, if any apps are battery hogs... none are. I don't even have 10% of available space filled with apps. This is so very disappointing to me that I am looking for my next phone now. And by the way...I have occasionally fully charged all night and left it charging for hours afterward to optimize it.​

I followed through on what I said, and I have recently bought a replacement phone for my OnePlus 7 pro. The new phone is excellent and has very long battery life between charges.

I am selling the disappointing OnePlus. Too many problems and not enough useful time between charges.....the final straw came when I went to the forum and reported the battery problem in the appropriate thread, I was answered back that they would look at the data I had provided and get back to me. After 2 months they never got back to me and what's worse is my posts reporting this problem to them were removed. Goodbye OnePlus never to return!

9. indranujkar
    Eclair Feb 4, 2020

indranujkar , Feb 4, 2020 :
    Just switched to oneplus 7 pro from oneplus 5t. I know I am late to the party but after getting it at 28k with warranty till 2021; it is definitely a great deal.
    First day battery is good. These are my settings:
    Resolution: FHD with 90fps
    Also, I make it a point to disable notification of all those apps which I don't need for. Many people complain of bad battery life but if you take the pain of disabling those notifications of "not so important" apps; it will work just fine!
    For example: In my case, I don't need constant bombarding of notifications from youtube and myntra. So I have disabled them completely. Try it out and see yourself!
    Cheers🍻

10. AmanAli786
    Donut Feb 6, 2020

11. Kirakichi
    Jelly Bean Feb 6, 2020

12. AmanAli786
    Donut Feb 7, 2020

AmanAli786 , Feb 7, 2020 :
    i dont think so, cause it's mentioned in their own site but as a responsible customer we surly can take some precautions on our personal basis.💯

13. G_Arif_Hoda
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2020

G_Arif_Hoda , Feb 9, 2020 :
    Very bad battery life, hardly last for 6 hours if u use optimally, reduced screen refresh rate to 60hz and always battery saver mode on still lasting to 9 to 12 hrs at the max, ram not up to the mark, apps keep closing, keyboard hanging often not accepted from 8 to 12 GB ram phone, overall bad performance with so much cost

14. SagarNB04
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2020

SagarNB04 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 9, 2020 :
    Why there are no stable updates for OnePlus 7 Pro after November 2019 security patch. I bought OnePlus because of their speedy updates but now it seems they are going behind other OEMs.

15. M1581597617410
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2020

M1581597617410 , Feb 13, 2020 :
    Hello everyone.

I am having big issues with my battery. I purchase the phone in mid December and was working fine until last couple of weeks approx (I can not exactly recall it being related to a SW update). Even when it is Idle it is draining around 5% battery per hour or more.

This is the breakdown of my buttery usage, yesterday it did not even lasted the full day. anybody could help me here? Thank you in advance

https://serving.photos.photobox.com...f69bd4e6eb0edc53a1a1a69df1dc4565531431396.jpg

AnantDags likes this.
  16. alpishg
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2020

alpishg , Feb 14, 2020 :
    I am having battery drain issues & intermittent heating issues, two things which have never happened on the last 3 generations of one plus devices that I have used. These issues started since the OXYGEN OS 10.3.0 update. I hope #oneplus is looking at this & will fix soon

17. stevejock1
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2020

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020 at 1:04 PM

18. Hemanth Nithin
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2020 at 9:51 AM

Hemanth Nithin , Feb 17, 2020 at 9:51 AM :

Hi,

After update of OP 7pro to 10 the battery is draining very fast. Usualy when I bought the Phone it use to come for 1 and half day. But after update it is only for 1 day.