OnePlus 7 Pro battery/heating feedback thread

1. sunilmufc
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

sunilmufc , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Hi all.

Does anyone know why I constantly lose 30%+ overnight? OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.

I've tried factory reset etc. Seems to just lose battery for no reason

2. Artemus.
    Nougat Aug 4, 2020

Artemus. , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Charge it overnight.

3. sunilmufc
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

Tried this for 2 nights in a row. No success

4. Khrystyna
    Donut Aug 4, 2020

Khrystyna , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Lately my phone started heating more while charging and playing middle game and watching TicTok. Before when I was charging my phone from 0 it was heating till 40% less to 70%. Few hours ago I was charging it again and it was super hot while charging even on 93% which is weird. I'm telling you about difference. I see it and I feel it. This is not good how the phone became heating over normal. Too bad I didn't notice did it happened 1st te after latest upgrade or not. But the issue is very serious. The heating becomes super hot....

5. sunilmufc
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

I noticed the same after tiktok but I deleted it. I am going to get warranty repair I think. Nobody seems to have a fix

6. Khrystyna
    Donut Aug 4, 2020

Khrystyna , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 4, 2020 :
    There's no warranty repair in my country because there's no OpePlus official store. Though I bought this phone and it's original but in reseller's company. SO I'm alone in this problem. I'm quite disappointed because OnePlus always had it's image of a phone for years, but now it worked year and few months and already has an issue. It's way too disappointed! I hope OnePlus will hear us and fix this. We paid money for the product. We expect it to work. ... Now I'm so worried about its heating... I don't know what to do :(

7. sunilmufc
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

I agree. I hope it's fixed soon. I don't want to factory reset again

8. sunilmufc
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

9. Khrystyna
    Donut Aug 6, 2020

Khrystyna , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 6, 2020 :
    This all is so weird. Last updates made our phones worse... I just played Asphalt 9 and the CPU temperature reached over 61% OMG!!! [e]1f631[/e] LIKE FOR REAL?! When my PC reach this temperature (and it has not the best CPU) it just dies until cooled down. But OnePlus 7 pro has a good CPU. I think last updates sucks. Before we didn't have such problems why should we start now? I hope OnePlus hear us, their customers, and fix that. Because if the products won't be so stable as before the company will loose its image and I don't want that happen. I want OnePlus continues being the best. I wish that.

10. Artemus.
    Nougat Aug 6, 2020

Artemus. , Aug 6, 2020 :
    61% utilization or 61°C? If your PC shuts down at that percentage/temperature, something is very wrong.

11. Khrystyna
    Donut Aug 6, 2020

Khrystyna , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I'm not talking about PC, actually. It was just an example. Nothing wrong with it. That cpu just has higher TDP than others it hearts easy. Needs a viking system.
    The point is the heating of OnePlus. It's just gets super high

12. Thofiqhydar
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

13. Artemus.
    Nougat Aug 6, 2020

Artemus. , Aug 6, 2020 :
    The only tip you need: don't obsess over it. SOT is not a reliable benchmark to base your usage on. As long as you get out what you wanted out of it (be it a game of PUBG or social media scroll-through) then that's all that matters.

14. Artemus.
    Nougat Aug 7, 2020

Artemus. , Aug 7, 2020 :
    SOT is not a reliable benchmark as it can change wildly from charge to charge.

15. 橙子木
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

16. Artemus.
    Nougat Aug 9, 2020

17. 橙子木
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

18. Artemus.
    Nougat Aug 9, 2020

Artemus. , Aug 9, 2020 :
    And in that time, you have to charge twice?

19. 橙子木
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

橙子木 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 9, 2020 :
    yeah
    But I think I just bought it and I used it very badly in the first month, in that time I used it from 100% to 5%

20. Allancgx
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

Allancgx , Aug 11, 2020 :
    do you still have more than 8hrs of battery life on your OnePlus 7 pro?